Evelyn

The E 100 Brick Club

So general E100 play question for those in the know please:

My first 3 x games in the E100 I went toe to toe with hull down Tier X TDs e.g. E3, E4 and ultimately got my nose bloodied when they loaded up gold and ripped my police bar and turret face apart DESPITE me doing some reasonable turret angling.

So my question: if I find myself trading blow for blow vs Tier X TDs I think the only chance I have to bounce their gold is by serious angling of turret face which means I can't get my gun onto them to aim and fire (if there's more than one of them; since one will always be loaded and waiting for me to square up)... so how to proceed?

I'm guessing the answer is get the heck out of there since trading shots with more than 1 x Tier X is never going to end well and I need to play smarter?

thank you for these I'm into 'em

Just to be a whiner  :verysmug:  you wouldn't have any solo only content? since I suspect you have less challenges when you're platting with Maxl & Jesse.....

Got some general questions in next post

Not sure, but I doubt it. I don't enjoy soloing tier 10s...

So general E100 play question for those in the know please:

My first 3 x games in the E100 I went toe to toe with hull down Tier X TDs e.g. E3, E4 and ultimately got my nose bloodied when they loaded up gold and ripped my police bar and turret face apart DESPITE me doing some reasonable turret angling.

So my question: if I find myself trading blow for blow vs Tier X TDs I think the only chance I have to bounce their gold is by serious angling of turret face which means I can't get my gun onto them to aim and fire (if there's more than one of them; since one will always be loaded and waiting for me to square up)... so how to proceed?

I'm guessing the answer is get the heck out of there since trading shots with more than 1 x Tier X is never going to end well and I need to play smarter?

This. If you can, try to get away from that engagement. If, however, they are wasting 3-4 tier X TD's down a tank alley to only shoot at you, you can stay there but not show you turret face. Just sit there and keep them occupied so they dont smack your team mates. They will eventually either get bored and push one at a time where you can then shoot the front vehicle, or your team should capitalise on the fact that there are no tier X TD's around to shoot them and win the game for you.

I just got my E100 a few days ago, I am definitely enjoying it a lot more than I did the E75. Haven't fired a single round of HEAT yet and I'm averaging 2600dpg (I've had a whole pile of matches on Prok with 3+ arty which never ends well for this tank). The armor is fairly reliable as long as I limit exposure and I like the 150mm much better than the 128mm on the E75 as well, it just seems to work with me more. It plays similarly to my KV-2 which I use the premium AP rounds on and the 137 pen never bothers me with that gun. 

I'm grinding for the credits for this tank at the moment, and I am thinking about the equipment for it.

I'm seriously considering the spall liner. I've played E100 on my brothers tomato account, and could reliably do 3k dmg in it. This tank is FUN, and it generates moar pubbie tears then i thought it does. Buuut it is a clicker magnet. And I was lucky that my bro is a tomato, so I had xvm shield activated while playing it.

I know that, when i buy mine, that i will get click-a-focused. What do you think, is spall liner a waste or not?

What setup do you run, both equipment and consumables?

Thanks in advance.

I'm running rammer, vents, and v-stab. I don't really think spall liner is really worth it as it only protects against one singular problem while the other equipment improves your tank in more universal aspects. Consumables I run the standard repair kit, medkit, and auto extinguisher.

Rammer/VS/GLD for me. With the slow aim time and the derpy gun, I want to minimize my exposure when I'm aiming in for a shot.

i have pretty much removed all my spall liners from everything, even T95. i prefer equip that helps on offense. it helps some from arty but not a great deal in the end, and on a match with no arty then it is a wasted equip slot

IIRC, I'm using rammer, vents and vert stabs: Gotta get that reload time down and the threat level up. The EU tomatoes are usually complete pussies, so if you can pump shots out rapidly they will stay on their corner for a very long time, making aim time a relative non-issue.

From what I read about the E100 it seems like a great tank to play. I have been watching some replays and streams of people who play it. The tank looks amazing I think I will convert some free xp and get mine asap! Thanks for all the information.

I personally dont think you should try to outspot your opponents on the simple fact that your camouflage is so godawful. Even in pub-games the optics would be wasted in 19/20 games. I have chosen to just focus on making this tank a brawling monster and then accept that if it is me against a medium on an open map, he will be able to outspot me. Best thing you can do is try to close the distance in whatever way possible.

My reasoning has been that most of the time, if I spot them at the range that optics help, I can't hit them anyway... Dat shell velocity...

Stop please! Don't make it look so good, I don't want to start yet another tier 10 grind.

QQ low battle count QQ

On a more serious note, E-hundo is best brick.

Though that police bar on top of the turret can be problematic from time to time  :verysmug:

The good thing though, the Tiger I and up are all excellent tanks. I personally started with the Tiger II but I know the Tiger I is a DPM monster. If you're bottom tier, try sniping. The guns on all of the German Heavies are pretty damn accurate.

My reasoning has been that most of the time, if I spot them at the range that optics help, I can't hit them anyway... Dat shell velocity...

Although I don't personally see enough advantages to run Optics on an E 100 (sitting at around 432m view range with my current setup IIRC) you could argue that while targets you light with the added view range you couldn't hit anyway, most of the addition will come in seeing camo'ed targets at further ranges, which could help in the 150-300m range dept against high camo meds and TDs that you might not spot without that boosted view range, due to the way camo mechanics work.

The good thing though, the Tiger I and up are all excellent tanks. I personally started with the Tiger II but I know the Tiger I is a DPM monster. If you're bottom tier, try sniping. The guns on all of the German Heavies are pretty damn accurate.

I am willing to go out on a limb and say the VK 3601 H is also an excellent tank, but with many people here having played it when it was an OP med that in comparison it may not seem so. I am not one of those people. I bought it after coming over from the Tiger P to the Tiger. While only playing it 15 battles (all exclusively with the Konish) I thought it was a really good tank that plays almost exactly like the Tiger. Unfortunately I needed that crew to move up into one of the high tier tanks for a tourney at the time and I haven't had the urge to buy it back, but if I was grinding the E100 line all over again I may have even kept my crew in it past researching the Tiger to continue to grind up crew skills.

Although I don't personally see enough advantages to run Optics on an E 100 (sitting at around 432m view range with my current setup IIRC) you could argue that while targets you light with the added view range you couldn't hit anyway, most of the addition will come in seeing camo'ed targets at further ranges, which could help in the 150-300m range dept against high camo meds and TDs that you might not spot without that boosted view range, due to the way camo mechanics work.

Honestly, any TD will have shot you before the extra spotting range would come in use (your turret is huge and terrible) and camo meds will usually be circling you like mad by the time you're close enough to see them. They will also be outspotting you anyway, since the TDs will have binos and camo meds use optics with a much higher VR. The situations where everything lines up so it's an E-100 with optics vs some 50% crew TD are so rare it's not worth mentioning. Make that thing a brawler and up its damage output or tanking ability.

On a sidenote, E-100 is confirmed best sniper EU in a recent match and HE-100 is a miracle of the universe.

Feel free to ask questions about specific replays either here or in my Replay thread. I also posted some replays from last night in that thread that I haven't got around to adding to the pack yet.

SR, can I ask how you rig this thing?

Knowing that I dont make money with it I bring in 2 rep-kits and chocolate.

I also use V-Stab Gld and rammer. Should i experiment with another setup?

SR, can I ask how you rig this thing?

Knowing that I dont make money with it I bring in 2 rep-kits and chocolate.

I also use V-Stab Gld and rammer. Should i experiment with another setup?

I use Rammer/VS/GLD, although at some point I'm going to experiment with the Vents setup. Anfield has a LOT of experience in his hundo and he prefers vents. Having said that, he has almost 5 full skills on his E-100, and also runs chocolate for a max crew skill setup. I'm loathe to run food on my tanks, and I'm inherently conservative with my consumables, so I run rep/first aid/AFE.

I use Rammer/VS/GLD, although at some point I'm going to experiment with the Vents setup. Anfield has a LOT of experience in his hundo and he prefers vents. Having said that, he has almost 5 full skills on his E-100, and also runs chocolate for a max crew skill setup. I'm loathe to run food on my tanks, and I'm inherently conservative with my consumables, so I run rep/first aid/AFE.

I would certainly recommend getting rid of GLD and mounting vents: It has a noticeable effect on your reload, especially in duels with other E-100s, whereas you rarely need the slight aim time bump. I don't want to run food, though, I love my extinguisher too much.

I have the E100 now and the tank is just AMAZING! I use vstab, vents, rammer and the set up works well for me.

Running with super Heavy spall liner and chocolate instead of first aid kit and it's just amaizing. Better than vents and those RAMS are so silly, touching an IS8 at 20 kph deals 200 damage :3