Evelyn

The E 100 Brick Club

I have about 30 games played in this tank now, its my first tier 10 heavy and I'm loving it. It's armour is sooo goood, especially when sidescraping and angling the turret. Wrecked many da fool E100 who shot heat into my angled turret for me to bounce it, turn and whack him instead.

I do have to hold my hands up in admission; I'm quite the heat spammer. I normally load the first shell (if there are a few tier 10 heavies on the enemy team) as HEAT, with AP queued for the next. My thinking is that if I get into position and the only thing I can shoot is the superstructure of JPZ or E100/Maus turret, then I need to be able to at least trade shots, 750 alpha is too much to risk bouncing in those situations.

Talking about JPZ - that's my biggest adversary at the moment. Its armour and high pen is really difficult to handle, I find.

My stats in the tank so far: http://www.vbaddict.net/tank/zezti-eu-16f32138ffb749fdffaf68ad44db05a9/germany-1/e_100-37

Also, IS 8 ammo rack detonation ftw: http://wotreplays.com/site/1947118#self

But screw arty. I'm like a walking sack of HP to them. Even tier 8 arties hit me for 800+, because that's fair.

But screw arty. I'm like a walking sack of HP to them. Even tier 8 arties hit me for 800+, because that's fair.

I probably lose 25-70% of my hp each game to arty. Unless there is a fully arty safe corner. You'll have to live with that.

Dealing with JpzE... At relatively close range, the front engine deck is huge and AP will overmatch. Your DPM is superior. Not ideal and it will cost you hp, but you'll survive.

If you facehug, the angle might be decent enough to allow for an HE pen. I never tried that. Would be hilarious if it works.

Strategies for getting around skycancer

1. If you know they'll be focusing on you (one of two top tier heavies, xvm, etc) don't go to the default places in open maps where they'll be preaimed waiting for the heavies to poke. Example, Redshite with 3-4 skycancer I will never go to the east brawling place in my Hundo, that's just asking to get shat on. Instead I take the west road and that seems to work until east flank is cleared.
  2. Dance. When going somewhere swerve to the sides randomly, stop randomly, that fucks up their aim. If you're forced to stay in one place move back-and-forth and in different directions between reloads. Just moving isn't enough you have to move unpredictably because if you stop at the same spot to shoot it doesn't matter what you do in between. So swerve left then right, next time swerve left then more left when they'd be expecting you to go right, stop and reverse randomly, sometimes for 10 seconds, sometmes just for one second then resume your previous directino to fuck up their leading their shots.

That will generally make them find someone else to shit on

I've actually not had much trouble with can-clickers. Some good tips though, @Kristoffon

I run with a SH Spall Liner and boy... Collecting tears from arty on top of the usual tears the E100 collects, glorious. Being hit for ~300 from a 261 or ~500 from a T92 never gets old. If they fire AP you're SOL though, just gotta hope it goes into your tracks or hits an angled surface...

Play games with the arty - make your movement extremely random and make the poor fools waste a shot, then mock them by driving in a straight line - collects tears every time

At the end of the day, whether or not you're purple, you're going to get focused because you're an E100. This can be used against the enemy team though. While they're busy focusing you, your team can make aggressive plays without being blapped by clickers (assuming they're competent and take advantage of the situation).

one simply does not dance in E hundo. It ain't no 50B. You can hug hardcover while peekaboom / sidescrape and move in between reloads or pray to gods RNG Serb for arty to miss.

You can hug hardcover while peekaboom / sidescrape and move in between reloads
Unless that hardcover is at least a two-story house, the Ebola-Carrier (CGC) will still loop a shell over it and into the turret roof.

I think I've finally graduated from total shitter to average shitter at E-100. Had a really good game last night (though sadly this is the first good one in a while);

http://wotreplays.com/site/1961474#airfield-rokuzachi-e_100

I love love love love love this tank. Ahhhh it's so good to me. Every day after work, I run a couple games in my e100 and all the stress goes away.

Bump.

Does it take something a little extra to effectively solopub in the E-100, or is it just something that most people shouldn't do? I feel like people leave me out to dry even more than normal, and with such a long reload it's extra-detrimental when the enemy pubbies realize that they can get shots in while you reload. For every great game I have, I get 5 bad to average ones. Barely holding 2900dpg/54% WR @120 games at the moment.

Of all my matches in it last night, this was my 'best' one and it's not like I even outplayed anyone, I just farmed pubbies on a corner :<

Being a big brick tank, the E-100 is very slow to respond to new things in battle. That's what your toonmates are for, provided they also aren't driving bricks. But if they are, why haven't you pushed?

Out of all the tier 10 heavies, this is my 2nd favorite.  Only the IS4 beats it, but I love my E100 brick :)

Love the fact that when I first got it I had a 52% win rate and 2k DPG in 200 battles.  Now I'm in the 60s with 2800 :D SO HAPPEH

There goes 80% and 4,000 DPG in this. 

It absolutely blows on open maps. Arty is literally the one and only problem this tank faces. No tank has made me hate WG more for implementing arty than this one. 

I had a streak for a couple of weeks on my E-100 where I did sub-2k and died to arty over and over. I shelved it in the meantime due to rage. I love Hondo but I just can't deal with the arty fire.

The E100 was my first ever tier 10 tank, and it continues to be my favorite tank in the game. I'm approaching 1,100 games in this glorious monster.

So I'm about ready to take mine out for the very first time (just about saved up the free xp to get the top gun). Question regarding third equipment slot: Rammer and Vstab are given, I assume. What is the preferred option for the third spot? Vents? Or is a super-heavy spall an option given I expect this thing to be an arty magnet?

I started with vents, but able to to block almost anything other than the arty shots that fell like rain, I switched to the spall liner to try it out for a few games. 

Hi everyone, 

Just another dumb question I have... right now I'm running the small gun (grinding exp for big gun), so I don't really have a problem with this, but I need to ask...

Given that HEAT doesn't overmatch, and the E-100's height puts it in a comfortable position for overmatches, how does one 'balance' between choosing HEAT and AP (whether in ammo loadout or decision-making on the spot)? Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you wished you had AP instead of HEAT? Or should I instead use HEAT as standard and go for pennable spots instead of overmatches, if both are available? What kind of thought process or anticipation do you have?

Hi everyone, 

Just another dumb question I have... right now I'm running the small gun (grinding exp for big gun), so I don't really have a problem with this, but I need to ask...

Given that HEAT doesn't overmatch, and the E-100's height puts it in a comfortable position for overmatches, how does one 'balance' between choosing HEAT and AP (whether in ammo loadout or decision-making on the spot)? Have you ever found yourself in a situation where you wished you had AP instead of HEAT? Or should I instead use HEAT as standard and go for pennable spots instead of overmatches, if both are available? What kind of thought process or anticipation do you have?

If you're tall enough to be able to overmatch something then you can probably find a spot where HEAT would go through anyway. I would just have HEAT as standard. Against IS-7 sides sometimes I wish I had AP but I'm normally able to just find somewhere else to pen. You will regret having AP and having to reload HEAT for something like an E3. 

I am new to these forums and since posting here seems like a better thing to do than make a new topic.

I got myself an E100 a week ago (running the 12.8cm), and I feel like im doing terribly in it, always getting killed by artillery or end up showing my lfp or getting gold spammed to death and only time I do 3k dmg or block 3k dmg is on a loss. <
Leaving the wins to be games where I do 1500 dmg and die.

So is there any video or a guide where I could learn to use the armor better or to avoid artillery? since none of the above really were a problem for my E75.

The E100 gets more attention from artillery than any other tank in my garage.  You're too slow to make them miss, and too damn big to make use of a lot of the arty cover.  Given that you are often expected to be the tip of the spear, you often spend time in places that you'll get cancered. Backing off and going dark for 20-30 seconds often makes them lose focus and look for victims elsewhere. Otherwise there really isn't much you can do about it other than take as much cover as you can between moves and always remember that the clickers are watching.   Some people take a spall liner to help with the crew deaths and take the edge off the damage, though I like vents myself.

As far as making the armor work, if they're loaded and can see your lower plate you should expect to be penned. To maximize your armor, point the first rivet in your side skirts at whatever's trying to kill you, while locking your turret straight forward. If your LFG is hidden in that position only tier X TD gold is going to pen you.

Another big part of it is learning the maps so that you know how the firing lanes overlap and what kind of fire will likely be coming from which angle (especially arty). Caution and getting your positioning right the first time will go a long way toward keeping you alive as you're generally too slow to make any really significant moves once the fight starts.

Not even 10 battles in this thing and I'm already extremely tempted to rage sell it.

No armor whatsoever. Heaven forbid you actually want to aim and shoot at something, the very next second you get the turret penned.

What an absolute waste of money.

l.e.: For the record, I don't have the top 150mm gun, struggling to grind it with the 128mm one. Though I seriously doubt that having the top gun would improve things by a lot, a Jaegeroo will still come out after you and smack you for 1k across the face then pull back into cover.

Not even 10 battles in this thing and I'm already extremely tempted to rage sell it.

No armor whatsoever. Heaven forbid you actually want to aim and shoot at something, the very next second you get the turret penned.

What an absolute waste of money.

l.e.: For the record, I don't have the top 150mm gun, struggling to grind it with the 128mm one. Though I seriously doubt that having the top gun would improve things by a lot, a Jaegeroo will still come out after you and smack you for 1k across the face then pull back into cover.

285.gif