Mami_Momoe

The 2014 Meta

What happened since last year? TD population seemed to have decreased since I've only lost like 2 matches to full HP TDs sitting at the back of the base in the past few days! Did people actually figure out how to brawl? Did WG finally do something right? Was TD camo nerfed? What are the best tanks for tier 8 and 10 now? Are the new tier 8 LTs OP? Why is El Halluf a good map now???

I can't fucking believe it's not butter.

TD camping as gone back a bit (not enough imo). Watch out for roombas though, they give me the feeling of late 2013/ early 2014 , they still got the camo and everything.

There is more brawling on some maps now, some people argue that there is too much brawling and not enough flanking going on (also caused by the mapdesign), mostly in pubs you pick one flank and steamroll it, then come back to kill the other. With the ever changing maps it's kind of hard to find those spots where you can get free shots early on without any risk.

T8 is apparently dead, since WG removed battletier 12, t10 matches seem more common. Best for T10 is probably everything that has an autoloader, OP armor or is a russian medium (kind of the OP armor point), but I really have no idea since I don't play it.

Also you should join a clan that does stronkholds, or join no clan to be a legionary (being able to join other clans' stronkhold detachments).

Its because we now exists, AND YOU'RE STILL NOT IN IT!

1413048666154.gif*gentle reminder kick*

You're not the only one who has watched the 25 and counting episodes of Cross Ange. But have you read all the manga!?!!

Also It seems the meta is just go the way your not supposed to go and everyone will follow (Malinovka) :P

TD camping as gone back a bit (not enough imo). Watch out for roombas though, they give me the feeling of late 2013/ early 2014 , they still got the camo and everything.

There is more brawling on some maps now, some people argue that there is too much brawling and not enough flanking going on (also caused by the mapdesign), mostly in pubs you pick one flank and steamroll it, then come back to kill the other. With the ever changing maps it's kind of hard to find those spots where you can get free shots early on without any risk.

T8 is apparently dead, since WG removed battletier 12, t10 matches seem more common. Best for T10 is probably everything that has an autoloader, OP armor or is a russian medium (kind of the OP armor point), but I really have no idea since I don't play it.

Also you should join a clan that does stronkholds, or join no clan to be a legionary (being able to join other clans' stronkhold detachments).

>Tier 8 is dead

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fuck that shit. I'm gonna run a tier 8 platoon sometime, and people are going to like it. Or else.

Though I kind of agree with the lack of flanking. But I find the funny El Halluf area to be pretty fun since mediums have hill cover to abuse.

Its because we now exists, AND YOU'RE STILL NOT IN IT!

1413048666154.gif*gentle reminder kick*

You're not the only one who has watched the 25 and counting episodes of Cross Ange. But have you read all the manga!?!!

>reading

pls

2014 is the year of holding W

Do you even double tap 'R'?

ohhai

I'm not in Clan TS very often unless doing strongholds ect, usually running in a platoon with a buddy from another clan on a different TS server.  Feel free to poke me if you see me online and you want to run some platoons!  I'm a baddie but I promise that I'll at least Tryhard and can listen to advice / instructions!.  We usually have an open spot in the platoon.

I had a very very hard time adjusting to the meta shift (just came back from a year long break myself) as my recent might suggest.....  Plus I was trying to introduce a buddy to WoT and played a metric shit ton of low tiers while he was grinding up lines... I know now why I usually try to free xp to at least T5 if I can, I suck horribly with stock crews and tanks.....

what kind of pleb do you think I am?

What is a joke for 1000 :^)

ohhai

I'm not in Clan TS very often unless doing strongholds ect, usually running in a platoon with a buddy from another clan on a different TS server.  Feel free to poke me if you see me online and you want to run some platoons!  I'm a baddie but I promise that I'll at least Tryhard and can listen to advice / instructions!.  We usually have an open spot in the platoon.

I had a very very hard time adjusting to the meta shift (just came back from a year long break myself) as my recent might suggest.....  Plus I was trying to introduce a buddy to WoT and played a metric shit ton of low tiers while he was grinding up lines... I know now why I usually try to free xp to at least T5 if I can, I suck horribly with stock crews and tanks.....

Yeah, I haven't played anything below tier 7 for ages... I'm pretty busy so I'm not on much myself... Shoot me an invite if you see me, though I might just be afking :>

What is a joke for 1000 :^)

Yeah, I haven't played anything below tier 7 for ages... I'm pretty busy so I'm not on much myself... Shoot me an invite if you see me, though I might just be afking :>

eh, I play 6-9 currently, not much below that if I can help it.

if you ever see me use the word pleb, you can put down several thousand dollars on a bet that i'm joking too

That must be why Plebkac is such a welcoming acronym :^)

Pressing W to Win has been the meta since beta, yo. The only thing that changes is where to apply your W and for how long it must remain pressed.

if you ever see me use the word pleb, you can put down several thousand dollars on a bet that i'm joking too

Unless you're British police. Zing!

Map redesigns have made most maps lane brawlers.  Almost no clear lines of sight anywhere on any map more than 350m.  

Most TD's rely on peek a boo, or just using heavy front armor TD's to do anything.

LT's are pretty much useless unless you count the new LT's which make almost any old LT look like Tier 3's.  They'd be deadly flankers if there were any map opportunities.

MT's take up the role of scouting since they have the armor to survive sub 350m hits, and can fit behind bushes as well as an LT. Or as support for the heavies

HT's happily head to the lanes for brawling

Surprised there aren't more Arty at the end of the brawling lanes since the brawling lanes would be great for just pummeling groups into the dirt.

Actually LTs are deadly, They just require a greater deal of skill to achieve good results.

MT took up the scouting role not due to armour, but because of view range. Top tier meds have better view range than tier 8 light scouts (the ones they compete with) so they can outspot the 'spotters' tidily. They also have the HP and firepower to make use of the spotting more effectively.

THAT is why LTs are less useful. They're completely outclassed at higher tiers.

Lower tiers they tend to make more effective spotters as lower tier HTs usually have piss poor view range.

first they made a whole line of paper-made TD that become very popular and when so many people got them, they nerfed TD class and reworked maps as well

then they introduced so many light tanks and contextually went on in reworking maps in a way that it's difficult for light tanks to work properly...

if there's a strategy behind all this, i swear, i can't see it

Pressing W to Win has been the meta since beta, yo. The only thing that changes is where to apply your W and for how long it must remain pressed.

It's RR22 to win. Beats the hell out of the shitty TD meta! 

Are people actually complaining about this? Do people not remember arty meta and TD meta?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsqJFIJ5lLs

Arty meta is coming back. 3 arty is common now, with some games having 4. I've even seen 5 recently. Not pretty. All the bad TD players just went back to their old haunts.