ZXrage

IS-6 Appreciation/Circle-jerk/kek Thread

can confirm

IS3 has more pen, more reliable frontal armour if used correctly, better turret armor, albeit overmatch roof. In the same tier, IS3 eats IS6es for breakfast.

:serb:

I love my IS-6.  Around 62 % win rate in it, mostly solo.  Definately most fun prem tank I own (although I'll be buying the Type64 when it's 30 % discounted and expect it to be fun as well).

But I do run into the same problem very often on city maps: side scraping.

When I try to side scrape in it, like all, I move out just far enough for the gun to clear the wall.  But this now means that the "cheek" is unangled for the enemy and can pen it without much problems.  I can't hide it when side scraping.

Am I doing it wrong?  Do I need to angle the ass out more?  Although then they will just shoot my side, no?  Can I side scrape backwards?  (I would expect not as it has the same "cheeks" on the back)

Interested to hear your expert opinions.

I love my IS-6. Around 62 % win rate in it, mostly solo. Definately most fun prem tank I own (although I'll be buying the Type64 when it's 30 % discounted and expect it to be fun as well).

But I do run into the same problem very often on city maps: side scraping.

When I try to side scrape in it, like all, I move out just far enough for the gun to clear the wall. But this now means that the "cheek" is unangled for the enemy and can pen it without much problems. I can't hide it when side scraping.

Am I doing it wrong? Do I need to angle the ass out more? Although then they will just shoot my side, no? Can I side scrape backwards? (I would expect not as it has the same "cheeks" on the back)

Interested to hear your expert opinions.

Reverse sidescraping with a front mounted turret means those butt cheeks stay hidden.

Bought it early today thanks to the discount. I was between FCM or IS-6, went IS-6 because easymode.

3 Games so far, none of them were particularly great but yeah, a friend of mine loves is and says he just carries like 4 rounds of APCR, following his example I carried 10 to start with, then I will see how the 122mm performs with AP only.

I see great potential, I need some more time to get used to the armor and see which Tier VIIIs I can bully without problems, but so far it's damn good. I have a crew with the basic skills, gunnery skills and BiA.

I know I will not regret this.

Pure <3

EU potato like me is sitting on 2,4k dpg :) its awesome machine when you need to chill off, and it is epic to see how ppl still don't know how to handle your stalinium armor.

Btw: IS-6 don't care about accuracy stats and always hit, because IS-6 likes it close and personal. :D

I just love it, its my first brawler tank, which I know how to use.

Thanks to wotlabs community for this IS-6 love, which convinced me to buy this Win button machine

I'll never understand IS-6 armor.  I fire an APCR shell from my IS-7 into the lower section of the upper plate on a non-angled IS-6 at point blank range and it bounces, yet I get penned by 175 pen guns all the time no matter how I angle my tank.  Tank's armor just refuses to work for me.

The IS-6 can even make stinktastic players like me look good from time to time.  BTW this is my first post.  Thank you all for making such a good resource.  I wish I had looked for it sooner =(   

Screenshot8_zpscdc4c50a.png

Screenshot5_zpsb3ab0214.png

I once had this tank, but sold it in a drunken rage a little while ago.  I'm thinking of getting it back, or getting the 112.  The 112 actually looks like it has more workable armor, except for the lower plate.