Farwell

Farwell, the Glorious

Hello,

My name is Farwell, more commonly called Far. I have been a long time reader of the forums, signed up not too long ago and figured what better place to start than the intros. I am a part of the Gamers United Front clan, which is made up of a couple friends from Starcraft II that made our way over to WoT and have picked up a few friends to play along with since then.

My clan-mates are… not great. Two are actively trying to get better at the game outside of myself, and the others are bad and play for fun (Think German/Russian fanboys). I came here to read up on some guides and tips about a year ago and have been reading on and off since. You guys put out some quality content and I appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge of the game. It has helped me and I’m sure many others get better at the game.

So here’s the more interesting stuff – I feel this game is 99% mental. I have tanks I like (Centurion I, E75, KV-5) that I perform well in with every match. I also am just playing at this point with the intention to get through the grinds of tier 7-9 to get to the tier 10s that I would feel comfortable playing all of the time, before I try the “Only play tier 10 until you get better” challenge. I rarely played solo my first ~~3k games then half and half till 6k and now I rarely play with platoons. Most of the time now if we are playing together it’s tier 6 strongholds that I call knowing full well we’ll probably lose because they don’t do what I say anyway, because “it’s more fun to go X instead of Y.” Needless to say I don’t like a couple of my clan-mates, but I digress.

I can perform at a consistent unicum level with certain tanks, and if I enjoy playing these tanks, especially this baller E75, I’ll keep them as well as continuing to play through the line. I do try to play to win the game 100% of the time, but it’s all in the mindset. I don’t feel well after work some nights and it shows in the winrate/wn8. I have a decently chill day and my wn8/wr skyrockets. I’ve also noticed playing with a roughly average player platoon doesn’t do me much good, and there are several factors which might contribute, (950 overall and 1200 overall platoonmates) – being something like I’m focusing more on talking about IRL things as opposed to thinking about where should I move after this shot, etc.

Playing tanks is fun, but watching the 7x42 format is the most fun I have in WoT. I consistently play the IS-3, 50-100, 13-90, obj 416, and WZ132. I enjoy the competitive aspect of it, but also the recognizable names, teams, and teamwork involved. I will focus my play more on these types of tanks as I finish up the lines I’m working on for tier X, but eventually will play these tanks more consistently to try to get better to the point where I can also compete, even if at a lower level, with this type of format with other like-minded individuals.

So my question is this – What, in your opinion, do you think could be the best way to train for playing this 7x42 format?

Thanks, and happy tanking.

Stronkholds as mentioned previously, or Team Battles if your clan has issues getting a team together for tier 8 stronkies.

And you can always apply to an open league team if you want to learn the 7x42 format in a semi-competitive environment.

Watch a lot of WGLNA!!! Check out their Youtube channel, it's stuffed full of 7x42 goodies, from single tank setups to map strategies--if you don't mind Luke Neller's interesting narration, they are a hugely useful tool to help you get more into the Team Battle format.

Will do. Thanks for the info