Sign in to follow this  
TheMarine0341

I <3 Jgt88... Almost as much as Lamp

30 posts in this topic

Why the hell doesnt this tank have its own fan page?!?!?! 

probably because slow as shit... but I digress!

Seriously, this tank in the right situations is just amazing. Even drunk as I am right now, I can do dis

Back to back battles, lelelelelel

malinovka-germany-8-8-cm-pak-43-jagdtige

windstorm-germany-8-8-cm-pak-43-jagdtige

This tank SHITS out credits. Like, a LOT of credits. Best return on value! The first battle here gave me my 2nd mark of excellence too!

GET THIS TONK!!!!

Seriously, this tank in the right situations is just amazing.

That is the problem with it. You are not able to be as consistent as say an IS-6. It certainly is nasty when in a great position, but the mobility really prevents you from carrying often.

I'd pick the T-34-3. Currently I'd daresay the JT88 is the better vehicle, especially in this meta, but does it even matter if its not fun to play? Your profitability will be dictated by how often you play the tank anyway, and you'll play the T-34-3 more often. And with buffs around the corner...

I like it, and it does indeed poop credits. If you really just need credits #1 it beats all, and I feel like a mighty German bunker steamroller. TRUE FACT: This thing was the heaviest armored vehicle every actually used in war. I think. IIRC. Come to think of it how much did the Helepolis weigh?

Ok, Helepolis prolly weighed around 150 tons, so weight is a loss. But whatever, Jagd still pretty bitchin. Heaviest motorized vehicle maybe.

1+ for Anchorman reference

It looks like a decent tank, but a bit low in skill ceiling perhaps? It looks good in today's meta, but the moment the meta swings to vision and WG gets around to fixing up that pig engine of theirs and putting in larger maps, it's going to probably go back to being not very good.

I love mine

The speed and turn speed gets tedious at times, but then I think of the credits it spits out like gumballs.

Open maps hull down it's a beast Spall liner is mandatory

Funnel maps hull down and hold the choke points track em and crack em

When the enemy resorts to spamming HE out of desperation I know I'm playing it right

I enjoy the credits it seems to harvest from pubbie tears, but I just don't enjoy the tank enough to play it regularly. Good for a laugh sometimes, but that's about it for me.

I always pity JT 88 players on Prokhorovka with arty. I played against a 3-man SIMP platoon all playing JT 88s on Prokhorovka and all 3 got clicked to death by arty. One got shat on so early that he was like one of the lowest 4 on the enemy team. We won, of course. 

But yeah..

Can confirm that you get clicked to death while driving this thing. When it comes to equipment I would NOT take a spall liner. Your roof armor thickness allows any arty hit to penetrate it thus the spall liner is useless agaist arty (since side armor is already quite strong to deal with splash). Be especially wary when facing US arty in the enemy team as those have a tendency to one shot you from full health if their shot connects.
The mentioned arty problem is one of the things that killed this tank for me (and I loved it in the beginning). If I take an offensive hull down spot or even a defensive one it means that I won't move out of that spot too soon. Clickers realize this and click with gusto at your hidey hole (especially since they know about your strong roof armor).
That said you also need to beware T9 guns as those can also wreck your day if they decide to shoot gold through your super structure (and since you only sport an 8,8cm gun they are usually not afraid of your gun).

Another thing that is obvious from the replays is that even if you hull down you quickly lose your gun. I would highly recommend to have armorer skilled if you want to drive this machine a lot. While it is in no way near as good as fixing your gun with a repair kit I found that if I did that I often ended up with a dead engine which only makes the next problem worse: Mobility.
The absence of usable mobility put the final nail in this tanks coffin for me: If you think about buying this know that you have 0 possibility to flex and no chance to run away if you find that you face an enemy you can't fight (think ST-1 or E-75). This also means that you have almost a zero chance of picking up some clean up damage.

--> As said this tank can shine when it has the chance to be in  its ideal situation (hull down, multiple enemies peeking or in the open AND NOT PUSHING YOU!!!). However due to the mobility restraints you have a hard time trying to create these situations (and if you do: Hi arty <3).
All in ll I regret purchasing mine as this play style is simply not fun. I found that for every good game I had at least two in which I got clicked or #rekt in some other way (i.e. vision locked behind a house because of the strong speed).
If you want it for the giggles it is fine, but I would in any way recommend to get an IS-6 or an FCM if this is going to be your money maker.

Have the IS6, had FCM50t.

Any time Im on a map where I can hide the lower front plate, I just giggle, waddle there and say "COME AT ME, BREH!" IS6 and Super Pershing are much the same: Find action, hide weak points, laugh and profit

FCM requires a LOT of finesse and thinking. I dont like thinking when playing $ makers, I save that for standard tanks.

FCM requires a LOT of finesse and thinking. I dont like thinking when playing $ makers, I save that for standard tanks.

Its for players that actually have skill  :gaben:

The JT88 and I have a very love-hate relationship. I'd say that the JT88 actually requires more thinking to do exceptionally well. It's easy enough to sit and snipe in the thing to farm credits, but it's actually a pretty great assault tank to play aggressively if you're paying very close attention to the minimap and abusable terrain. The FCM has the mobility to cover up positioning mistakes; the JT88 is unwieldly enough that if you've made a judgement error a minute prior, you're going to get flanked or your lower glacis reamed.

I'll have to agree with the public that this tank is very painful to play for those very reasons. It does make terrific credits, but uggggggh.

If I had to rank my credit earners in terms of effort required to achieve unicum results (and thus frustration gained), it would be something like this:

JT88 >> FCM > T-34-3 >> T34

Seriously, I could play dozens of games in the T34 and my blood pressure would come out of the other end largely intact. Even the games that you do poorly in, you can't feel that bad because the T34 simply isn't capable of some carries. Just gotta shrug, collect your credits, and click "battle" again. The JT88, on the other hand, can be straight up beast mode if played right.

Jagdtiger 88 is a shit tank, and everyone who's sane should stay away from it.

By that logic, everyone should still have it. Clearly, we continue to play this game. Isnt the definition of insanity doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results?

You pretty much have 2 choices.  Stay back and try to get hull down to protect your lower plate and snipe away.

Get to a choke point going hull down and either keep them tracked or hope they are too dumb to rush you.

It turns (and drives) too slow for pretty much anything else

That is the problem with it. You are not able to be as consistent as say an IS-6. It certainly is nasty when in a great position, but the mobility really prevents you from carrying often.

I, and my 66% w/r in it would argue with you about that.

Gotta meta the shit out of the maps. Learn the choke points, hide hull, PROFIT

The JT88 is straight up beast mode when you can hold a choke point from a hulldown location. I've been in many games where I haven't exactly done a lot of damage, but my mere presence in the right alley has dissuaded an enemy push and won a game. Pubbies generally won't relocate to bolster another flank when facing a hulldown JT88. Rather, they'll keep plinking at you at be rendered completely ineffective.

I should play this tank moar.