B00mheadsh0t

When your playing like a shitter

I'm now permanently on tilt. It seems to happen and warrants a month+ long break to return to normal skill levels.

I just can't break it. No matter what I do I can't have a decent game anymore. Just need to take a looong ass break.

I'm not even doing 'poorly' by any definition, I think I neded on 1700 WN8 yesterday which isn't terrible but it's fucking shite for my usual level and makes the game frustrating. Everything possible was just lining up to fuck me repeatedly. Bad maps or bad teams or too much arty you name it.

Just take a long ass break. Looong break.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I either switch to a different game, sort some magic cards, or rage watch some anime.

Feel free to substitute "anime" with the entertainment medium of your choice (tv/movie/whatever).

I had one of those sessions last week. After like 12 games, WR was below 40% and WN8 was ~1600 (compared to recent average of ~3400). I was on tilt like the tower of Pisa. I raged in chat, I cursed out aloud etc. I knew I didn't want to see those horrid numbers on Wotlabs the next day.

So I did what any responsible adult with a day job and a gf waiting to go to sleep would do at 23:00 - grabbed my pillow and my blanket, brought them to my gaming room, told my gf that sorry but I have to fix this shit and then pounded out an extra 36 matches until 03:30 AM.

In the end, my WR was 56% and WN8 stood at 2620 - not good for me, but at least more than my overall.

I have fall back tanks when I need to win. Oddly enough they are the Maus, E100, and E75, which while not the most versatile tanks, seem to have the ability to coax confidence out of team mates with their sheer ability to tank incoming rounds. Brave teams tend to outplay campy/reserved teams for the most part. Having fall back tanks like that can help you relax and pull confidence back into your gameplay, which can improve your decision making down the line.

When I'm having a day like that I sometimes will try hopping in either my Luchs or PZ-IIC, turning the old brain off, and doing a couple of missions just driving like a complete lunatic.  It's surprising how much fun it is to drive straight at a KV, unload a clip into is backside, and blast off grinning.  Plus, the pure noob rage you sometimes get in chat is just lovely.

If that doesn't work, a break is definitely called for.

Remember, it WILL be better tomorrow.

On the other side of the coin, what do you do when you are playing ok and just can't win?

I've been playing very solid tanks lately (for me).

Wn8 is at an all time high but win rate is crashing.

300 games of absolute shit.

Thinking of quitting for a while but mathematically it cant last much longer right?

I'm not a bot but you couldn't tell it from my recent stats.

Sigh.

Imo wn8 is so fucked up stat, that if you care about it it, forces you to lose or better put, not concentrate on winning. Your mind knows that to get high wn8, u gotta have decent dmg dealt and when you go after maximum damage, you don´t go after best strategy to win most of the time. When I first saw my stats, I had around 750 wn8 and I believe 52% WR. Now I can get around 1800 WN8 during one gaming session of solopubbing, but even though I´m kinda satisfied with my performance, I still have around 52% WR, even less... WN8 makes me think I´m good, but I´m not, higher WN8 won´t train my crews faster and won´t improve my skills, it just means I picked right place to deal dmg and didn´t miss many shots.

Imo wn8 is so fucked up stat, that if you care about it it, forces you to lose or better put, not concentrate on winning. Your mind knows that to get high wn8, u gotta have decent dmg dealt and when you go after maximum damage, you don´t go after best strategy to win most of the time. When I first saw my stats, I had around 750 wn8 and I believe 52% WR. Now I can get around 1800 WN8 during one gaming session of solopubbing, but even though I´m kinda satisfied with my performance, I still have around 52% WR, even less... WN8 makes me think I´m good, but I´m not, higher WN8 won´t train my crews faster and won´t improve my skills, it just means I picked right place to deal dmg and didn´t miss many shots.

Which is why any good player looks at both WN8 and WR, as you can get a more clearer picture of a player by looking at both. A high WN8 and low WR are indicative of campers/damage whores, whereas a high WR and low WN8 are indicative of someone who gets carried more often than not. 

If you want to improve, WN8 is a good way to measure how effective you are at influencing a battle, but only if you're trying to win smarter (staying alive longer, trading less, etc.). If you actively seek out spots that will just farm damage but never relocate to areas that need support, then you can't expect to see an material change in WR.

tl:dr It's not what your WN8 is, its how you got it, which is partly indicated by the other recent stats

Which is why any good player looks at both WN8 and WR, as you can get a more clearer picture of a player by looking at both. A high WN8 and low WR are indicative of campers/damage whores, whereas a high WR and low WN8 are indicative of someone who gets carried more often than not. 

If you want to improve, WN8 is a good way to measure how effective you are at influencing a battle, but only if you're trying to win smarter (staying alive longer, trading less, etc.). If you actively seek out spots that will just farm damage but never relocate to areas that need support, then you can't expect to see an material change in WR.

tl:dr It's not what your WN8 is, its how you got it, which is partly indicated by the other recent stats

^^this.

My wn8 is climbing partly because I'm playing higher tiers but also because I'm doing more damage per unit of time that I live in my games.

I know this because my survival rate (~30%) has stayed relatively flat for my entire time playing wot.

I think this means I'm too aggressive and many of my platoon mates mention it to me. I don't intend to yolo, it's just how I am. I can't abide camping. It's boring as shit.

But I honestly think I need to retrain myself. I think that even though my dpg is going up, it only means that when I get into engagements I'm getting in an extra shot or two before I die. I'm manipulating my tanks slightly more effectively, but I'm still not going where I need to go and preserving my HP well enough to win games.

So I'm going to try an experiment in "camping".

I don't mean hide at the back of the map and wait. I just mean stop being the first guy across the line every fucking game. I average 1.3 spots per game. I'm very definitely not hiding. But I'm not taking advantage of my own spots, I'm being to far forward and just flat out dying too quickly to win games that I might otherwise.

I have no idea how to correct this. It's simply not in my nature to hide behind others - especially players worse than myself which is the majority sadly.

But I'm going to have to learn how to do it.

Thoughts on my analysis of myself and how to remedy it?

Thoughts on my analysis of myself and how to remedy it?

For me, one thing that helps (i just have to do it consistently) is paying attention to how my team deploys from the start. Sure, there are certain spots on maps that are must-go for tanks (meds to hill/donut), but if the team decides to potato the strat, I make sure to avoid it. The hardest part of getting better is knowing how to influence a battle in that moment. We all know not to go valley on Lakeville, but if pubs just want to do it, I struggle with how to best facilitate it. 

I know for me, being aggressive in the past usually meant overextending myself. I still yoloderp on occasion, but I now try to think through "where are my pubs relative to where I'm headed and will that leave me on a rage island. It is still important to get to key areas for map control, but not if it means that the reds will exploit your lack of support and thrash you before the rest of your pub heard can catch up and keep them at bay.

I'm still not consistent enough to influence games on a regular basis, but I feel that trying to play smart has kept me alive longer, thus dealing more damage, which 'ideally' means that better teammates don't have to carry my ass as hard :)

For me, one thing that helps (i just have to do it consistently) is paying attention to how my team deploys from the start. Sure, there are certain spots on maps that are must-go for tanks (meds to hill/donut), but if the team decides to potato the strat, I make sure to avoid it. The hardest part of getting better is knowing how to influence a battle in that moment. We all know not to go valley on Lakeville, but if pubs just want to do it, I struggle with how to best facilitate it. 

I know for me, being aggressive in the past usually meant overextending myself. I still yoloderp on occasion, but I now try to think through "where are my pubs relative to where I'm headed and will that leave me on a rage island. It is still important to get to key areas for map control, but not if it means that the reds will exploit your lack of support and thrash you before the rest of your pub heard can catch up and keep them at bay.

I'm still not consistent enough to influence games on a regular basis, but I feel that trying to play smart has kept me alive longer, thus dealing more damage, which 'ideally' means that better teammates don't have to carry my ass as hard :)

Thanks.

Honestly I think a huge part of my recent problem is watching too many Unicum streams and replays. They can pull of shit that I can't in places I shouldn't go until/unless I can do it too.

I think "conduct the lemming train" is approximately what I'm trying to figure out how to do.

I'll try that. It's a start anyway and I can't do much worse than I have recently. :D

The thing is, there´s handful of tanks that can carry like there´s no tomorrow. If I play my T-34-1, I can hardly carry T9 battle full of retards, who decide to stay camping within 100m radius around the base. Just today´s Airfield...Was changing flanks like crazy, spotting pubs  here and there, only to find out I spotted 5 tanks (rest camped at their base) and I was the only tank further than 100m from our base. Resulted in me getting clicked from the skies, having 240 assisted dmg, 1800 my own damage and we lost. I won´t camp at the cap circle just because it´s the best tactics when all of your team does so. That´s not fun for me, even if it would provide win or better stats. Truth is, 90% of EU battles are shit and purple battle outcome is one of the few remedies you can have. Besides fun, that won´t indicate anything about U, cause it´s untrackable.