greenturtle407

[NA] Looking to learn!

Hi, 

I am looking for someone that has good stats to learn from. I can play both servers (most of the times, generally not weekends I need the East server). I am usually on around 7'ish M-F. On Friday's I have more flexibility I don't work Friday night's.  I have TeamSpeak 3 and i am willing/wanting to learn. I am currently online right now (I usually work Sunday nights but i took the night off). I thank you in advance for your help. I am currently wanting help on mediums, heavies, TD's and arties (obviously, I understand if you will not teach arty because you don't like it).

Thanks,

greenturtle407

Firstly, before a having a victim fellow tanker hold your hand, pls do all the things that you can do yourself without needing mentoring. Things such as

Watching all the Jingles videos on WOT,

watching all streams,

read up on the wiki on all tanks in the game,

learn the armor layout of every relevant tank in the game,

read all the forum has to offer that might answer your question,

and finally get a modpack(I recommend sela's though I personally use Aslains). After that, practice in the pubs a bit (think of random battles as training, Preferably with Eye of the Tiger blasting in the background)

Only then after you have >70% overall winrate will people might consider platooning with you.

Jk, youre doing well. Join a good clan and find people in there to platoon with you. If you really want someone to mentor you, there are planty of tankers like Sela and Jojack that offer professional mentoring at fair prices.

I will let you in a little secret. DONT WATCH JINGLES VIDEOS 2x :thumbup:  . He is not that good of a player. He is fun to watch but his gameplay and conclusions are not correct.  

Watch Zeven ,Valachio  . 5x  :thumbup:  

QB is overrated  3x  :thumbup:   

Junkers stream is very fun 4x  :thumbup:

sela stream . He is great as a player but boring to watch 4x :thumbup:  

Firstly, before a having a victim fellow tanker hold your hand, pls do all the things that you can do yourself without needing mentoring. Things such as

Watching all the Jingles videos on WOT,

watching all streams,

read up on the wiki on all tanks in the game,

learn the armor layout of every relevant tank in the game,

read all the forum has to offer that might answer your question,

and finally get a modpack(I recommend sela's though I personally use Aslains). After that, practice in the pubs a bit (think of random battles as training, Preferably with Eye of the Tiger blasting in the background)

Only then after you have >70% overall winrate will people might consider platooning with you.

Jk, youre doing well. Join a good clan and find people in there to platoon with you. If you really want someone to mentor you, there are planty of tankers like Sela and Jojack that offer professional mentoring at fair prices.

U-WOT-M8.jpg

I will let you in a little secret. DONT WATCH JINGLES VIDEOS 2x :thumbup:  . He is not that good of a player. He is fun to watch but his gameplay and conclusions are not correct.  

Watch Zeven ,Valachio  . 5x  :thumbup:  

QB is overrated  3x  :thumbup:   

Junkers stream is very fun 4x  :thumbup:

sela stream . He is great as a player but boring to watch 4x :thumbup:  

for anyone over 52% Jingles is useless, but for a complete newbie, Jingles is not bad

Thanks for the responses, unfortunately watching someone play isn't my way of learning. I have tried and it has helped a little but I don't easily learn things by watching someone. I have tried watching the unicums/super unicums in game after I have died but I don't know how well it is helping me. 

Thanks for the responses, unfortunately watching someone play isn't my way of learning. I have tried and it has helped a little but I don't easily learn things by watching someone. I have tried watching the unicums/super unicums in game after I have died but I don't know how well it is helping me. 

The reality is that two of the greatest strengths of good players are easily discernible from watching them play, 1) positioning and 2) when to be aggressive. 

Other qualities like map awareness are not as obvious from most streamers, but master the first two and I guarantee you'll be blue at least.

Zeven does a great job on his stream but I usually watch the replays that he puts up so I can go back over what he says and see it.

Ghenghiswolves (think that is right) also has some really good videos up that explain what he did and why he did it and tips on how to apply that same thought process to your games.

I have never platooned with anyone but other than having another competent player (hopefully) rather than the bot that MM would give you. I am not sure how much that actually helps as they will be trying to play their game and not have a lot of time to tell you what to do. Maybe I am mistaken in what happens when platooning?