Sign in to follow this  
Salsaheaven

Returning after a longer break

I quit tanks for a good 2 months and I seem unable to find my flow. My consistency is down the drain, I have way too many 0 dmg games and my recent WN8 dropped by about 700. I am absolutely clueless what to do, I tend to blame all the new map reworks I don't know, but am not really sure.

Anyone of you faced the same problems?

Yes, but I quit for a lot longer than that. Just play more and you'll get back into it. Streams and replays always help for relearning maps and tactics when you've been out of the game for a while but it really doesn't take long.

You should have seen me after taking a 6-8 month break from the game. However, you learn things fairly quickly and it's always a good idea to spend a little while watching livestreams and youtube vids of the content you missed. Basically, just play the game and focus more on survival initially: Realise that you now have Pubbie status and remembering how to stay alive will be an easy way to build on your damage per game. Once you start dealing decent damage while staying alive, you can then focus on re-learning your aggressive tactics.

after every break i had managed to pad even better than before :armoredcar: little less yolo for first couple of games and... profit

worked 4/4 breaks 2m-6m long

I was in the same boat.  Quit playing in January.  Restarted in late August.  Was absolutely lost.  Dropped half a point in my overall winrate.  I was terrible.  Didn't understand the new maps, the TD nerfs, etc.  I struggled for about 6 weeks or so and have only within the last 2 weeks started playing well again. 

I watched Zeven's streams and it immediately broke me out of my funk.  I'd recommend that.

I feel your pain, I just came back last weekend after a break that lasted longer than 2 months.

Every day I seem to be getting a little more comfortable, but I know it is going to take a while to really get back to the level I was at.

But holy shit do I feel lost and helpless when a newly reworked map comes up. Don't know where to go, what to do, or where to look.