TheLovePanda

E75: The Greatest of the Tier 9s

Not sure about the rack in the hull but there is a rack in back of turret.  Pretty much any german heavy from Tiger I up has an ammo rack in back of turret.  If you have a 750 alpha gun and a side shot on it, you have an excellent chance of popping top - so much so that I now consciously seek out such shots in my T30 and ISU.

rVTHgiG.jpg

19 hours ago, Archaic_One said:

Not sure about the rack in the hull but there is a rack in back of turret.

Yeah, I got one-shotted  from full health by a t30 - but he was in front of me, and I was quite sure he hit me in the hull - I had thought near the front, but maybe he got through my side.

I am a total crap player so my word is largely meaningless.   However, having pushed to the E75 and now having it fully upgraded, I can say this is the first tank I've driven at any tier that seems usable on any map in any situation.   I only have three Tier IXs.   The AMX 50/120 was horrible and is a full support tank only.    The M103 is ungodly good in hull down positions, but ONLY in hull down.   It is a good peek a boom with the gun handling, but you'll take shots you don't block in this unless hull down.   But the E75 just needs to angle.   Doesn't have to have a ridge.   Just angle.   And it can trade and hit.   It's not fast, and can't flex easily, but can adapt to changes ok.

I did not like it with the Tiger 2 gun and the stock turret.   I got brutalized in it.   With the turret I actually started getting much better.   With the gun it's pretty hard not to do ok.   With the engine, unless you're trailing in support of Purples who kill everyone before you get there, you do pretty well in it.   My worst games since fully upgraded are when I go to the "standard" spot for a heavy only to find it's me and two other guys without support.   Then I just shoot a few times before dying :).

Still, this is the first tank I've played that doesn't have to be top tier to feel fully capable of doing serious work and being a viable and important part of the team.   Even with lots of Tier 10s on the other side you can still make a good impact.   The M103 is far superior in hull down positions on maps that allow that, but overall the E75 just seems super strong even in my sucky tanking hands.

Did the M103 turret get buffed that much? It was almost worse when hull down when I played it as my first tier 9 a few years ago. 

I love the hull traverse speed on the E75. With the right crew and equipment, it turns like a medium tank. That makes baiting people into bad shots and dealing with attacks from multiple angles a joy. 

M103 turret cheeks got buffed from free pen for 225 AP to near immunity to 340 HEAT, which makes it a far better hull down tank than E75. (Cupola and overmatch roof is still there for m103, but cannot be shot at if using max depression.)

33 minutes ago, Hally said:

M103 turret cheeks got buffed from free pen for 225 AP to near immunity to 340 HEAT, which makes it a far better hull down tank than E75. (Cupola and overmatch roof is still there for m103, but cannot be shot at if using max depression.)

w8 for the buffed Conq with a 250 EA UFP, anti HEAT meshes on turret and -10 gun depression. you read that right, 10.

On 10/12/2017 at 1:12 AM, Hally said:

Too true, but far too many players still expose the M103 turret roof, seemingly unaware that it's not that hard to pen with standard AP at all.

I find the M103 somewhat more flexible in terms of adapting - the mobility and gun handling (*) make it better for switching flanks and terrain fighting.  And the hull front on the M103 is perfectly capable of bouncing shots when angled properly, not to mention the reasonably sized tracks make it capable of sidescraping in a pinch.  It's not an E75 or ST-I, but it isn't total meat when not hull down, unlike the tanks before it.

(*) It's not as if the E75's handling is "bad," mind you, with the top gun, although the KT gun has pretty amazing gun handling.  I fired straight APCR with the KT gun and found it more than usable, you just need to play more of a support role when using it, IMHO.

The E75 turret needs to be angled slightly after firing - all of the German heavies can be penned frontally if they can catch the flat turret face outside the mantlet.  So I try to angle slightly between shots and juke/bob if I can't just get back into cover.

6 hours ago, Tanager said:

The E75 turret needs to be angled slightly after firing - all of the German heavies can be penned frontally if they can catch the flat turret face outside the mantlet.  So I try to angle slightly between shots and juke/bob if I can't just get back into cover.

You definitely DO NOT want to angle your E75, VKB, or KT turret whatsoever after firing. Your E75 turret is ~254mm effective head on. By the time you angle your turret so that the turret face is 260mm, your turret side is already below 250mm effective. It does not protect you at all and actually make it easier for your enemy to aim. KT has it even worse, with much thinner turret sides.

7 hours ago, Hally said:

You definitely DO NOT want to angle your E75, VKB, or KT turret whatsoever after firing. Your E75 turret is ~254mm effective head on. By the time you angle your turret so that the turret face is 260mm, your turret side is already below 250mm effective. It does not protect you at all and actually make it easier for your enemy to aim. KT has it even worse, with much thinner turret sides.

Thanks.  I hadn't realized that, should have looked more carefully.

Yep, point the corner of the hull at the enemy and keep the turret square then everything they see is 250mm+ except a sliver of side hull in front of drivewheel and center of the cupola.  Turret front is pretty small, especially if you W/D wiggle.  Its one of the few tanks where you actually get to use the LFP as bait.  IMHO the E75 is a tier 9.5 tank since the aim time buff.

Elited this after 189 battles, 60% WR, 1920 dpg (but averaging more like 2300+ over the last 80 battles or so, mebbe).  Almost to my second MoE.  This thing is just so comfy.  Will NOT be selling it.

7 hours ago, Tanager said:

Elited this after 189 battles, 60% WR, 1920 dpg (but averaging more like 2300+ over the last 80 battles or so, mebbe).  Almost to my second MoE.  This thing is just so comfy.  Will NOT be selling it.

Don't sell it. The E100 is a completely different tank whose armour isnt even as good tier for tier, is slower, much less agile, but with a more effective boomstick.

12 hours ago, lavawing said:

Don't sell it. The E100 is a completely different tank whose armour isnt even as good tier for tier, is slower, much less agile, but with a more effective boomstick.

Never fear.  I have no intention of selling it.  I'm not even moving the crew (training another now for e100, will be a long time).

So I had previously two-marked only three tanks, two tier 5s and a tier 7.  This tank just feels like an easy button for the game - it's just so comfy, and you can just bully the hell out of anything lower tier and, frankly, a lot of stuff at the same tier.  I looked down the other day and said, hey, I'm at 80% or so, I wonder if I could two mark this thing?

Turns out I could.

H7FWFh4.png

The Steel Wall was mostly thanks to their Lorr, who insisted on taking me on frontally on the low ground at the far south of the map (Arctic Region).  After our 113 died there, I had a nice chunk of armor for my LFP.  The Lorr insisted on continuing to try, though.  It ended poorly for him.

Thoughts on the E75 buffs? It now has a 280mm turret face instead of a 250mm, bringing it out of highroll AP and most APCR. Also got an alpha buff from 490 to 530 without any RoF reduction, so it also has 150 extra DPM. They slapped 30 HP onto it for shits and giggles too.

Kind of hesitant to try it, but it could be pretty good. Rammer/Vstab/Hardening, walk around with 2150 HP punching tanks in the face with fat, reliable alpha.

Did they nerf the hull traverse speed? That was one of my favorite aspects of the E75. It turned better than a lot of medium tanks. 

56 minutes ago, monjardin said:

Did they nerf the hull traverse speed? That was one of my favorite aspects of the E75. It turned better than a lot of medium tanks. 

Nope - but they did nerf the cupola, the lip between the UFP and LFP, and remove the skirts from the hitbox

Have been testing it out with turbocharger and no rammer. The thing is  flexibility is hard to quantify and I am not sure if having more DPM is better than being able to get to the right place at the right time

Playing it some, I'm not sure if I'm really feeling it. The gun is lovely, 310 APCR with 530 alpha and decent handling is pretty good. On the other hand, the armor is awful. T7s can pen the LFP if you aren't careful, and HEAT still goes through the turret face and UFP. On top of this it's terribly slow up hills, making maps like Highway or Cliff feel miserable. I'd still rather be in a 4502B or 50TP even with the buffs.

Really miss the old E75 with its crazy agility. When they changed the engines it just became like any other heavy.

11 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Playing it some, I'm not sure if I'm really feeling it. The gun is lovely, 310 APCR with 530 alpha and decent handling is pretty good. On the other hand, the armor is awful. T7s can pen the LFP if you aren't careful, and HEAT still goes through the turret face and UFP. On top of this it's terribly slow up hills, making maps like Highway or Cliff feel miserable. I'd still rather be in a 4502B or 50TP even with the buffs.

Really miss the old E75 with its crazy agility. When they changed the engines it just became like any other heavy.

With hardening, v stab and rammer the E75 shd still be the best brick of tier 9 - while still being very good at the trading role only bested by the 50TP. 

tbh I don't feel any difference from the turret buff, while the skirt removal does make it weaker as a bully that is compensated for by the increased DPM/alpha

If you want extra speed you can always run turbocharger plus 105 gas giving you around 12 hp/t

17 hours ago, Rexxie said:

Was the engine nerfed in a previous patch? I haven't played the E75 in a while.

With equipment 2.0, did you guys change anything on your setup or still rammer - VS - optucs / vents?

On 8/17/2020 at 5:36 AM, Boodler said:

With equipment 2.0, did you guys change anything on your setup or still rammer - VS - optucs / vents?

I tested it out with turbo and found that while the tank is appreciably faster, it's still not fast enough to rush B. The best use you can get out of turbo is climbing up hills slightly less sluggishly. But since the majority of E75 games are spent in corridors and trading at static points, the gains are quite minimal. 

I would seriously consider IAU in the current meta to make the E75 a better sniper in those triple arty/4005 games.