TheLovePanda

E75: The Greatest of the Tier 9s

Love this beast, but as I am really close to the E100, can you point me to the correct thread, also I am having a dilemma of what to with the crew, as they are about finished on their third crew skill. Should I move them to the E100, or keep them in E75, either way I am going to use female crew on one of them  :smallsmile:

One of the main benefits of the female crews, the BiA variant, only works with an all-female crew. As you get one female crew member per mission tree completed, I would suggest using them for the vehicle that requires fewer crew members (E-75).

Okay, update time and yet another question for more experienced E75 drivers out there. I went the suggested route to get the big gun first before going back for tracks and engine (just unlocked the tracks). Glad I followed the advice, the big gun makes a huge difference to the way the tank plays. The alpha makes you competitive against t10s, especially if you can get into a good position and leverage your armour, which is still very capable of troubling some t10s. The extra pen means taking on some of the heavily armoured opponents much, much easier (e.g. you can reliably pen the LFPs of things like E100s, IS7s and JgpzE100s either with or without gold, depending on their angling). While the slow reload takes some adjustment - mostly seemingly to make sure you never overextend and get swarmed - there are just so many more pros to it.

My next question: given I've just finished the tracks, I'm able to get rid of the enhanced suspension equipment. This leaves my third equipment slot free now (vert and rammer are the first two). What should I use to fill it? Is optics the usual option here for most people, or would something like vents be advisable here to further enhance those very nice gun-handling stats (plus shave off that reload a little bit more as well)? My crew is almost to its third skill, and has BIA, so currently my viewrange is 429 with the base of 400. I'm leaning towards vents because in most cases you're brawling and thus not needing to spot stuff for yourself, but optics seems a popular choice in most tanks for more skilled players so I'm curious.

Vents you will be in people faces smashing them with your 128mm gun, optics is great for vision control but what tank is an E-75? It runs up and punches tanks, so more punching from having vents will buff your reload speed and other factors due to you having BIA. 

At first, I was a bit meh about the E-75. With the Tiger II gun etc.

Now I have all the modules unlocked. I will marry this tank. GTFO legal issues, I will marry it.

My next question: given I've just finished the tracks, I'm able to get rid of the enhanced suspension equipment. This leaves my third equipment slot free now (vert and rammer are the first two). What should I use to fill it? Is optics the usual option here for most people, or would something like vents be advisable here to further enhance those very nice gun-handling stats (plus shave off that reload a little bit more as well)? My crew is almost to its third skill, and has BIA, so currently my viewrange is 429 with the base of 400. I'm leaning towards vents because in most cases you're brawling and thus not needing to spot stuff for yourself, but optics seems a popular choice in most tanks for more skilled players so I'm curious.

I also went with vents. The aim time is high enough that I considered an EGLD, but the bloom from movement just isn't high enough for that to be an issue (plus vents are just under half the benefit of an EGLD anyway). Optics don't really fit the vehicle.

I was going to come into this thread saying how much I disagree with you all and that its armour is swiss chesse, then I aced it in a tier 10/9 game.

cc2a6333e5792a6b7495c9555ee4048d.png

Top of my team on xp (t62a got 5100 dmg, I was second).

df6b241909b01abc6a5239732aedd8bb.png

4 bounces, I think 1 from an ally (who penned me with heat on the next shot instead...), 1 from an e100 and 2 from an e50.

50 battles in this tank now and I'm starting to get the hang of it. Started with enough free xp for the turret but had to grind the gun. Used Bellevelle washers so tracks are the last thing left to get. The tiger 2's gun really wasn't cutting it for me - not enough oomph I found.

Strangely, one thing I've noticed is that on flat, E100 passes me by - even with the better engine but as soon as its uneven, I pass him.

Giving this tank an 8/10 so far. It's my 3rd tier 9 heavy (conc and Is8 first and second), and this is a true heavy. Conc is more support sniper and Is8 just doesn't have armour to be at the front whereas this is such a good frontline brawler. One thing I do struggle to deal with though is hulldown T34s and T30s as they both have high pen which makes my turret front melt and they have equally strong turrets but 246 doesn't seem to cut it and the inaccuracy makes the cupola hard to hit.

I also went with vents. The aim time is high enough that I considered an EGLD, but the bloom from movement just isn't high enough for that to be an issue (plus vents are just under half the benefit of an EGLD anyway). Optics don't really fit the vehicle.

I did indeed end up going with vents. With my 3rd crew skill almost finished (includes the vision ones), vision is at 440 with vents, which I figure is good enough for the role. At least, I haven't noticed too many incidents where I'm getting blown up from range before having a chance at spotting the opponent (well, apart from this one game on Redshire where I couldn't light an Obj 704 before he blew me away, but even with optics I probably couldn't do that). I'm liking the choice so far.

Almost have this thing at elite - one thing I absolutely noticed was that the upgraded suspension makes a huge difference to mobility, even with the stock engine. It's already very playable in this configuration. I enjoy the tank a heap. It's like a vastly improved Tiger 2, which I also enjoyed. Having useable armour is a huge plus, and the huge boom fits the tank's role perfectly.

This tank is an absolute monster! It's everything you could wish for in a heavy (reliable armor and a great gun). I had enough free xp to unlock the turret, so I did that and used the best KT's gun. It took me (only) 60 battles to unlock the 12,8cm gun. So far I've had 75 battles with a 65% WR, by far the best results than in any tank I ever had (yes, I realize it's a small sample size). I have yet to unlock the suspension and the engine.

My current equipment is as following: rammer, vstab, Enhanced Belleville Washers.

Crew skills: sixth/preventive/safe for first, BIA for second, repairs at 40-ish percent as third.

My question is should I unlock the engine or the suspension first? If I go for the suspension first I could remove the washers and put something more useful in that eqipment slot (vents or gld, haven't decided yet (leaning towards vents because I didn't find the aim time to be that big of a problem)). On the other hand, there are games where I really miss the engine power, especially if I need to go up a hill or half way across the map.

You can't go wrong with either, imo. The tracks gives the E75 its OP 30deg/s hull traverse while the engine helps on uneven maps. I went engine first but both are great upgrades.

In the end I did go with the engine first. It felt more capable to reach key positions in time. Now, after my 119th battle I researched the tracks, too. Still going strong at 62% WR. I absolutely LOVE this tank 8)

Just got this bad boy last week. Got the turret from exp and been using the bellvue suspension so i could mount it. That with the 105  i had a rough few games in it till i started getting the feel. Hell angling the tank actually works! Side scraping? yep that works well two. I can now hold corners for a bit against all tier 9's and a few tier 10's. Think this will be the first tank i will not sell, it is that much fun. Cannot wait to see what this thing is like fully upgraded. Tough for me to even want to play my t-54!

How does it compare to the ST-1? My plan is to sell the E-75, keep the E-100 and ST-1 & WZ-111 1-4 (already owner) for tier 9 heavies.

Love my ST-1, had to sell either it or my e75 to buy my hundo back in the day. Sold the ST-1, very simple for me Alpha + Side Scrape + Prettier + better hull armor + faster = better tank (that being said the St-1 is a gem)

How do you people restrain the tendency to over-aggression and delusions of invulnerability in the E 75? Last night I had a bad tendency to drive at the enemy, angle properly, then get penned by at least 1/3rd of their shots anyway, usually about half, sometimes more like 2/3rds of their shots. I would do this even against Tier 10s except for the obvious hi-pen, skeery guns like the Jpz E 100 and whatnot.

You might think that getting swatted a few times would teach me better, but no:

I do it, back to garage, hit battle, do it again.

So painful when it happens, and yet I can't seem to help myself.

How do you people restrain the tendency to over-aggression and delusions of invulnerability in the E 75? Last night I had a bad tendency to drive at the enemy, angle properly, then get penned by at least 1/3rd of their shots anyway, usually about half, sometimes more like 2/3rds of their shots. I would do this even against Tier 10s except for the obvious hi-pen, skeery guns like the Jpz E 100 and whatnot.

Get the VK B before it goes extinct. I show lower plate on purpose instead of sidescraping.

What happens with it when it gets replaced? Just gone? Or some kind of premium like with the T34?

Gone until they add it as a secondary hull option for the VKA sometime in 2020.