Jump to content
TheLovePanda

E75: The Greatest of the Tier 9s

Recommended Posts

On 3/5/2016 at 7:38 AM, Nalok said:

I seem to get only tier 10 matches. Is this to do with MM weighing of a heavy? Compared to the E50 I hardly ever get top tier in the E75. It would be nice to bully some lower tiers for a change..

I'm sure the tank is great but I've been sucking hard in it so far. 

It does seem to have effectively 9.5 mm, rarely top tier.  I haven't played another tier 9 heavy that experiences mm quite like it.  

 

I wish I would have kept track of my battles through the grind, because I don't have any hard evidence.  Now that I unlocked the E-100 I probably won't be playing it as much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Egld. It has bad soft stats...if you aim too long, you got your cupola penned...of turret face goldspam. Optics on a 400 M view range heavy? Thus is not 2013. If it were T32, sure...you can spot ridges...but E 75……noooooo

And use same setup for E100 later, pls. Turret face goldspam even stronger.Vents were viable before the dispersion nerf.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just unlocked 4th skill on my whole crew in this beast of a tank. Time to train for BiA and then find a spare loader somewhere and retrain him to BiA then onto the E-100(unfortunately poor and will probably only play doubles until I get the top gun on it, then only use it for CWs because poor and have no credits)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, hallo1994 said:

Oh please, please, please don't nerf the armor on this tank. :brokenheart:

Not sure if that's the stock turret.

7kbxovcau6s.jpg?w=1000&h=&crop=1

That's the top turret.  Stock turret is the KT top turret.  See the "eyes" on the top of the sides?  Only on the top turret.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In love with this tank. Sidescrapping working pretty well on pubbies vs tomatoes. And when i see a tier 8-9 i just go bully it. Holding flanks with it.

 

Need to work on the dmg farm though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/05/2016 at 10:43 PM, Felicius said:

Egld. It has bad soft stats...if you aim too long, you got your cupola penned...of turret face goldspam. Optics on a 400 M view range heavy? Thus is not 2013. If it were T32, sure...you can spot ridges...but E 75……noooooo

And use same setup for E100 later, pls. Turret face goldspam even stronger.Vents were viable before the dispersion nerf.

 

vents are probably better- the aim time isn't that bad. and if you are getting your cupola penned, your prbably at a close enough range that you don't need to aim for long. gld has to be stationary to be in effect, while vents reduce dispersion on the move slightly, improve accuracy slightly and reduce aim time slightly, while giving vr, traverse speed(very useful) repair speed and reload slightly too. gld is only useful if the aim time is REALLY cancerous, while vents makes everything just that bit better. and the stuff that normally is able to reliably pen your cupola is probably not a derpy hard hitting gun, sometimes you can afford to trade.

optics sometimes works out, but i think vents is better all round

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, garryallen said:

vents are probably better- the aim time isn't that bad. and if you are getting your cupola penned, your prbably at a close enough range that you don't need to aim for long. gld has to be stationary to be in effect, while vents reduce dispersion on the move slightly, improve accuracy slightly and reduce aim time slightly, while giving vr, traverse speed(very useful) repair speed and reload slightly too. gld is only useful if the aim time is REALLY cancerous, while vents makes everything just that bit better. and the stuff that normally is able to reliably pen your cupola is probably not a derpy hard hitting gun, sometimes you can afford to trade.

optics sometimes works out, but i think vents is better all round

I agree with this. In the E75 you're spending a lot of time wiggling, both to compensate for the slow turret traverse and to bait shots with the hull. GLD really isn't useful in those situations, much rather have vents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spall liner isn't worth it

It provides 30% protection from ramming, to crew and form artillery he (probably the most important part).

30% ramming is almost useless

30% protection from crew is ok, but e75 doesn't take that much crew damage. if you're having problems, just run JOAT or a large medkit, but it really is not necessary.

30% damage from he- im not sure how it works, if im wrong someone please correct me, but I think the spall liner increases the armour mitigation by 30%, instead of dividing the damage taken by 30%. I am pretty sure this results in less than a 30% damage reduction. Anyways, you should not be getting hit by artillery too much anyway, if you are, use WASD hacks. avoiding artillery is not hard, all you have to do is make yourself the least inviting target. wiggle, swerve, don't do it to a pattern, and arty players will either get pissed and go away, or get bored and go away.

 

While spall liner has some advantages, they are nowhere near big enough to warrant its use.

I would only run it on tanks that arty wants to hit whatever the consequences, like the maus or t95, and even then most of the time vents or optics are better.

And xvm sniping is gonna happen in whatever tank you play- that's why i like being a green. make yourself harder to hit than the person next to you, and arty will go away.

here is what the article on equipment here said (I think it was written by  Intumesc)

Light / Medium / Heavy / Superheavy Spall Liner - 2/10 for the first 3 types, 4/10 for Super-heavy

Now I know what you're thinking. Heavies are prone to getting hit by arty, and reducing the damage you take from them is one the first steps to survival, am I right?  Yes and no. While spall liner increases your armor versus non-penetrating HE shells and increases your crew's survivability, there's one better way of avoiding arty damage: not getting hit at all by being arty aware and looking for cover.

The first 3 types are pretty much useless as they don't give a big enough bonus, but superheavy spall liner can be considered for a few huge, slow, well armored beasts (think T95, Maus, GW E 100.)

While not pretty much useless, they are just not useful enough to waste a slot on it. I'd run rammer vstabs vents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/11/2016 at 1:29 PM, garryallen said:

vents are probably better- the aim time isn't that bad. and if you are getting your cupola penned, your prbably at a close enough range that you don't need to aim for long. gld has to be stationary to be in effect, while vents reduce dispersion on the move slightly, improve accuracy slightly and reduce aim time slightly, while giving vr, traverse speed(very useful) repair speed and reload slightly too. gld is only useful if the aim time is REALLY cancerous, while vents makes everything just that bit better. and the stuff that normally is able to reliably pen your cupola is probably not a derpy hard hitting gun, sometimes you can afford to trade.

optics sometimes works out, but i think vents is better all round

E 75 has bad aim time. Not terribad as ST-I, but bad. On Conq or M 103, yes, vents are better. But on e 75 your armor is is good only if opponents do not aim on you long enough to hit weakspots, or hit the turret face with heat. Turret face is quite small, if you aim 2 seconds mantlet can be relied upon, more and you are toast vs better players. 

I recommend EGLD on Tiger (no vstab), E 75, E 100. Tiger 2 has laser gun compared to other Fascist Boxes.

In fact, glacial aim time on dug in e 75 is more manageable than on E75 beause hull down ST-I is a fortress. It is awful in every other situation, though. E 75 is a mobile for the ammount of armor it carries, and the gun is relatively accurate, but movement dispersion is bad. 

Difference between a tank that can snapshot and one that can not, a tank that should mount every aim help available and one that does not need them all.

0.38
… moving
0.22
… tank traverse
0.22
… turret traverse
0.18
T-10
 
Dispersion (m)
0.38
… moving
0.18
… tank traverse
0.18
… turret traverse
0.08
Also, E 75 is high as a house,and 128 mm is a great calibre for overmatch. You can troll ppl if you aim good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Madner Kami said:

Use 105 instead of 127 and you are golden. Much better gun overall.

if they had a 105 with the same soft stats and better pen, id use it every day, but the pen is too lacking, and i can;t afford apcr spam.

 

10 hours ago, Felicius said:

E 75 has bad aim time. Not terribad as ST-I, but bad. On Conq or M 103, yes, vents are better. But on e 75 your armor is is good only if opponents do not aim on you long enough to hit weakspots, or hit the turret face with heat. Turret face is quite small, if you aim 2 seconds mantlet can be relied upon, more and you are toast vs better players. 

I recommend EGLD on Tiger (no vstab), E 75, E 100. Tiger 2 has laser gun compared to other Fascist Boxes.

In fact, glacial aim time on dug in e 75 is more manageable than on E75 beause hull down ST-I is a fortress. It is awful in every other situation, though. E 75 is a mobile for the ammount of armor it carries, and the gun is relatively accurate, but movement dispersion is bad. 

Difference between a tank that can snapshot and one that can not, a tank that should mount every aim help available and one that does not need them all.

0.38
… moving
0.22
… tank traverse
0.22
… turret traverse
0.18
T-10
 
Dispersion (m)
0.38
… moving
0.18
… tank traverse
0.18
… turret traverse
0.08
Also, E 75 is high as a house,and 128 mm is a great calibre for overmatch. You can troll ppl if you aim good.

On tiger one i ran gld, as it can be run alongside vents (no vstabs i think). e100, yeah maybe, as the turret is very easy to hit and pen when unangled. However on the e75, fully aiming in even with gld is going to expose your turret for too long anyways, so most of the shots you take from close range will not be 100% aimed, and therefore the slight dispersion buffs provided by vents will probably be just as useful. At long range, you can aim in longer, as it is very hard to hit the turret from long range, and the lower plate of this tank is so big they will outaim you anyways.

The e75 at close range is the only time a slight buff to aim time would be useful, but a buff to dispersion is more useful. even though the vents biffs are slight, traverse speed, view range, and dpm are all buffed too, which is why i choose vents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, garryallen said:

if they had a 105 with the same soft stats and better pen, id use it every day, but the pen is too lacking, and i can;t afford apcr spam.

Assuming Rammer and Vstab, you get 9% better accuracy, 20% better aim-time, 45% better turret-bloom, the shells travel a heck more faster (both AP and APCR) and almost 13% better DPM. Especially the later throws a lot of people off, who expect your rate of fire to be almost half of what the 105 offers (perma-tracking targets without repair-skill is possible). 225 penetration is just enough for almost everything you are going to face, especially with the accuracy and soft-stat increase you get and 285 premmo-penetration is more than enough for almost everything.

The downsides are, of course, more exposure-time to get your DPM to work for your advantage (though E75 gets away with that quite nicely imo) and decreased earning-potential. The later isn't so much due to increased use of premmo (the targets that really need it are limited in numbers), but mostly due to a higher shell-cost-per-damage for the 105, compared to the 127. The ability to perma-track, be more flexible and better deal with wolfpacks is well worth it imo, though. I can see it not being a box-tank-configuration for everyone though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

Assuming Rammer and Vstab, you get 9% better accuracy, 20% better aim-time, 45% better turret-bloom, the shells travel a heck more faster (both AP and APCR) and almost 13% better DPM. Especially the later throws a lot of people off, who expect your rate of fire to be almost half of what the 105 offers (perma-tracking targets without repair-skill is possible). 225 penetration is just enough for almost everything you are going to face, especially with the accuracy and soft-stat increase you get and 285 premmo-penetration is more than enough for almost everything.

The downsides are, of course, more exposure-time to get your DPM to work for your advantage (though E75 gets away with that quite nicely imo) and decreased earning-potential. The later isn't so much due to increased use of premmo (the targets that really need it are limited in numbers), but mostly due to a higher shell-cost-per-damage for the 105, compared to the 127. The ability to perma-track, be more flexible and better deal with wolfpacks is well worth it imo, though. I can see it not being a box-tank-configuration for everyone though.

You are right. I suck at heavies, cant handle the glacial reload times, so I put the 105 on my E75 and it works nicely for me. Gun is mouch more like a T9 medium gun. 

I noticed that players do get confused when you've reloaded in 8 secs instead of 16 and that gives you an advantage. And yes, exposing the E75 more often isnt much of a problem to an E75 unless you are staring at a 183 or a JPZ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Madner Kami said:

Assuming Rammer and Vstab, you get 9% better accuracy, 20% better aim-time, 45% better turret-bloom, the shells travel a heck more faster (both AP and APCR) and almost 13% better DPM. Especially the later throws a lot of people off, who expect your rate of fire to be almost half of what the 105 offers (perma-tracking targets without repair-skill is possible). 225 penetration is just enough for almost everything you are going to face, especially with the accuracy and soft-stat increase you get and 285 premmo-penetration is more than enough for almost everything.

The downsides are, of course, more exposure-time to get your DPM to work for your advantage (though E75 gets away with that quite nicely imo) and decreased earning-potential. The later isn't so much due to increased use of premmo (the targets that really need it are limited in numbers), but mostly due to a higher shell-cost-per-damage for the 105, compared to the 127. The ability to perma-track, be more flexible and better deal with wolfpacks is well worth it imo, though. I can see it not being a box-tank-configuration for everyone though.

slapping people for 490 is fun though, and 185 pen can';t go through the turret front of another e75 reliably

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/08/2016 at 6:35 PM, garryallen said:

slapping people for 490 is fun though, and 185 pen can';t go through the turret front of another e75 reliably

105 pen is 225 regular / 285 prem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2016 at 2:43 PM, Madner Kami said:

Use 105 instead of 127 and you are golden. Much better gun overall.

One of the biggest problems with running the 105 is that it takes away from the intimidation factor. No one is really afraid of losing ~300 hp. Everyone is afraid of losing ~500 hp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TheLovePanda said:

One of the biggest problems with running the 105 is that it takes away from the intimidation factor. No one is really afraid of losing ~300 hp. Everyone is afraid of losing ~500 hp. 

While true, the 105 does in turn punish overestimating oneself much more harshly. If someone expects 490 every 15 seconds and recieves 320 every 8, a possibly overwhelming push lead by a single bold medium that thinks he can abuse your slow reload ends in disaster quite quickly. The 105 versus the 127 is one of the best examples of good "DPM versus Alpha"-balance in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did the 105 retain 0.34 base acc? If the gun was buffed at KT, why not on E 75, too.

0.3 acc is great for snapshot.

aim time was  meh on KT. It was 0.34/2.7 sec. In fact, Running KT was viable with 88, because of better soft stat (2.3 aim time) than on Tiger 1.

Now the same gun is worse on E 75 than on KT. 2.5 vs 2.3 aim time is nothing compared to 0.3 vs 0.34+ dispersion.  Since both tanks sidescrape, turret dispersion is not the main problem, but moving one. 0.18 vs 0.22.

E 75 is great, but the venerable long barreled 105 is simply performing better on KT. It should get the same acc on tier higher tank. 128 has almost the same dpm as 105 first shot included.

And 311 pen>>>>>>285. With 0.3 base acc pinpointing weakspots would offset lower penn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/16/2016 at 0:28 PM, Gryphon_ said:

105 pen is 225 regular / 285 prem

meant 285 not 185. i really liked the gun, but slapping peeps for 490 is better, and those 25mm of pen make up for the worse soft stats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

E-75 is power creeped as fuck, it used to be good, then they took it's top engine and introduced a hundred tanks that are better than it. It has shitty dpm, bad accuracy and soft stats and armour that's only useful if you're in a city map. You are better off in nearly any other tier nine heavy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...