Damage: 230/230/280
Penetration: 226/258/42
Module damage: 118
Reload time: 7.6
Accuracy: 0.33
Aiming time: 2.4
Ammo: 50
Elevation: -10/+20 (back: -2)

Wait.... let me get this straight. People thought it was slow at 40kph, sooo WG reduces it another 5kph. great success in making the slowest medium tank.

Any hints as to whether it's confirmed as a freebie for owners already? Pref Mm would be fun to have

rumor is some mission that you will use your 4202 to complete.

What is up with the frontal hull armour? 51 mm? It is worse than the BatChat. If it doesn't get prefMM it would end up being triple-overmatched by some tier X TDs.

Gun is exactly the same as the type A barrel which is odd. What is the point of calling it a type B barrel then?

A slow un-armoured sniper tank in the brawling meta of present day? If I get it for free (or via semi-easy mission), yes please, but otherwise no thank you.

EDIT: I thought I would compare the stats with those of the Centurion for reading convenience. Left hand side = FV4202, right hand side = Centurion 1 (with commander bonus but nothing else):

Tier 8 MT
Price: 11750G (placeholder)
Hitpoints: 1400 < 1450
Weight: 41,594 tons < 44.916 tonnes
Max speed: 35/20 < 40/20
Hull armor: 51/51/32 < 76/51/38
Turret armor: 170/90/90 < 165/112/112
Traverse: 42 deg/s > 36 deg/s
Turret traverse: 32 deg/s < 37,5 deg/s
View range: 390 m < 400 m
Radio range: 750 m = 750 m

Engine: RR Meteorite 202B // RR Meteor mk IVC. 
Power: 510 hp < 750 hp
Power-to-weight: 12,26 hp/t < 16.7 hp/t
Terrain resistance: 0.6/0.7/1.2 > 0.96/1.06/1.82
Fire starting chance: 20% = 20%

Gun: OQF 20-pdr Gun Type B Barrel // 20-pdr Type A barrel
Damage: 230/230/280 = 230/230/280
Penetration: 226/258/42 = 226/258/42
Module damage: 118 = 118
Reload time: 7.6 = 7.6 seconds
Accuracy: 0.33 = 0.33
Aiming time: 2.4 < 2.3
Ammo: 50 < 65
Elevation: -10/+20 (back: -2) > -10/+18

seems quite comparable to the super pershing...but with less armor and better gun. And, given that all british tanks are similar to their american counterparts, but with less armor and better gun, this is not really unexpected.

The upper plate is very close to autobounce at least, so that is good. Any hull-down position should make the upper plate impenetrable. And at tier 8 there are a lot less accurate guns to snipe the cupola. It seems to me that it will play very similar to a Caern, which I enjoy a lot. 

Pref hasn't even been confirmed yet. That hp/ton is so fucking garbage eck. Will terrain resistance really be good enough to compensate?!

There may be fewer laser guns @ tier 8 but bear in mind the cupola is fucking hugemode.

Can somebody compare the stats to the Caern, considering they share the B Barrel? Although no idea why they called it that, considering it's got worse than A barrel stats.

I guess a caern-cent hybrid with ejaculates profit all over my wallet isn't too much to grump about.

I mean unless the mission is some batshit stupid grindathon I will probably get it. Will be annoying if it's overly difficult though, I've gone through the effort of getting one far before this was announced.

Can they look at buy date? Or something. Then compare that with the first ever info that it might be free, anyone who has games with it before that date gets it far more easily because they didn't grind it specifically to get free shit.

Or just make it like...get 10 wins in the 4202.

I think it looks like a good tank for credits/plebs in general.  Good hull down, good accuracy, makes money, ok trainer.  That should make it reasonably popular and effective, just not an IS-6 padder.  Better than the super shitter tho.

Where do you get your info WaterWar? Centurion has 7.5rpm, this has 7.89rpm. so the dpm is actually slightly higher.

If it doesn't get pref mm it badly needs a top speed buff, 35kph is way into heavy tank territory, keep it at 40kph and maybe also give it the stock Cent I engine (610 hp) and it would be fine imo.

Better than the super shitter tho.

when you compare a new prem tank too the Super Pershing, and say "well, atleats its not as bad as that"... it means its pretty fucking bad.