MisterSwift

Tier 8 FV4202

35kph is too slow - obviously some stupid number nerf dreamed up by a bean counter to make it fit tier 8.

As soon as anyone with half a brain tests it it'll be changed right back, surely...

40 is already to slow for a WoT Medium. To make it even slower will destroy it in my eyes.

Yes, but unfortunately thanks to good gun they probably wont buff speed. As medium it will be failure, but as camper-sniper-credits grinder it will be exceptional prem tank, probably even better than FCM.

Anyway I wish that WG will give fv preferential MM.

In the past Wargaming made pref MM only by gun penetration. I hightly doubt this one will get pref MM.

FCM has 212 pen, perfectly adequate for a tier 8, so I disagree with you. Even without considering MM it is in its current form worse than the FCM in everything except camo and a slightly better pen, so there's no reason not to give it pref mm.

Ohhh. Buy it! It's a comfy tier 10. It's not super niche like the Leo but not an everything tank like an E50M, but it does everything well it seems.

After my first, the T57 Heavy, I made it policy to never buy Tier 10s at less than 30% off unless it's a special occasion like this potentially could be. I'll keep my ear to the ground on this matter.

It's why even though I don't play my tier 8 premiums anymore I still have a comfortable 14-16 mil or something creds stashed away at all times (premium account and green-or-better play means it's perfectly profitable to play 9s as I don't sling SPREM, ever, except the American mediums' 90mm guns...), and can mobilize another 5 mil or so from selling off consumables easily if I feel the need and consumables aren't discounted at the time. I keep enough cash on hand to buy any 3 of 430, 62A, 140, 4202 and 183 for 30% off without even playing in between if need be, as I have them all researched and am just waiting on the on-tracks...

Do you want more crew/module damage, less armor, less speed and less DPM? 

I'm bad@tanks but to me FCM 50 T is forced to play from distance and yet too big and no camo for this playstyle is very counter productive. At least the FV4202 should has better camo and also much smaller profile. I don't think FV4202 will have more module damage. I had every module includes turret ring dead in FCM 50t whenever being hit anyway.

What's retarded about all these tank stats we get on FTR and such is that without fire on the move and turret rotation stats it's impossible to tell if the tank will be any good. Give it horrible numbers and it'll be the worst 8 premium hands down, give it great fire control and it'll be one of the best.

What's retarded about all these tank stats we get on FTR and such is that without fire on the move and turret rotation stats it's impossible to tell if the tank will be any good. Give it horrible numbers and it'll be the worst 8 premium hands down, give it great fire control and it'll be one of the best.

While I mostly agree, I am of the opinion that if you give it JT88 rate of fire and IS-3 gun handling it will still be workable, whereas give it under 7 RPM and even if it has gun handling like the E25 it will still end up pretty bad. The sheer lack of armour (even compared to FCM, whose front plate angled can bounce IS-6 shots and can sidescrape somewhat) is gonna be a pain if you don't get decent DPM...

In other words, even without bloom stats, it IS still possible to tell if a tank will be at least usable. This... looks to be on the low end of workability to me.

Don't think so, it looks pretty clear it isn't limited to premium tanks....

Anyway, there probably won't be any in the near future, because to be a true T8 medium it would need to be much stronger than almost all T8 regular meds. They did it once with the Type 59 and now they are even afraid to put it as a prize in contests, go figure...

Kewl, thanks.

Did they change the turret ring or something? Looks ungracefully tall and much farther from the hull from how it was...

Don't think so, it looks pretty clear it isn't limited to premium tanks....

Anyway, there probably won't be any in the near future, because to be a true T8 medium it would need to be much stronger than almost all T8 regular meds. They did it once with the Type 59 and now they are even afraid to put it as a prize in contests, go figure...

because all tier 8 mediums are worthless pieces of shit and always where lets list:

- T44, got multiple buffs since beta (bigger engine, stronger ammorack, better gun, more dpm), good

- Pershing, replacement of T23, good

- Panther II, replacement of Panther (imo Panther was Panther, so more a downgrade, but ok), a pos

- Indien Panzer, pos

- Centurion, pos

- T-34-2, pos (the prem version is better, yolo)

- Sta-1, pos

- Obj 416, good (but more a TD as med)

- T69, good (but again not a typical med either due to autoloader)

- type 59, good (but prem)

- T-34-3, soso, but the buffs should make it ok / good (still no T44, but certainly way better as IP / P2 / Sta-1 / Cent, etc)

- Fcm, a heavy, but better med as half the meds here (kinda sad)

So from the 12 meds, 7 are kinda good, but from those 7 3 are already prem while also, 1 is a heavy, 1 is a TD, 1 cant be bought, 1 has an autoloader, non-autoloader / TD / prem there only 2 good mediums, T-44 and Pershing, all others are gimped heavys or gimped TDs, useless long range support shit tanks...

#1 fail of wot is shit maps (gets fixed now) followed the enormous, endless flow, of useless ``support tanks``, this is certainly a solid #2 (arty would be #3)

Since patch 7.5 (thats like 1.5 year ago) Wg didnt add 1 single ``frontline`` tank line, Brit ATs , low tier brit heavys and high tier chinese are the exception, everything else:

- jap

- brit med

- brit heavy of t8-9-10

- RU td

- Ger td

- Ger med

- Ru med

there ALL shitty ``second line support tanks``, we now have a game full of useless ``support tanks`` but no tanks to support, having 10 snipers and 1 brawler wont work, period... WG should add french heavys (good armor = brawlers), perhaps a new RU heavy line (again, armor = brawler) perhaps rebalance some other tanks (like make chieftain more like IS7 and less like 50b)

Dont forget that this game only went downhill once the amount of snipers started to become really ridiculous, wot only works if its heavy-centered, as much as you all dislike it, red barons in E100s or IS7 works, red barons in WTE-E100 or Bat chat will only ruin the game...

ps: but since player count dropped (and wont go back up to its old level any time soon), it seems WG know finnaly does what needs to be done:

- rework open crap maps

- nerf tier 10 TDs

- make camping less effective (this game has been way too long camp2win, how much all you ``vision abusers`` deny)

- nerf gold ammo (100% they will nerf it one way or another, if WG dev reads this: nerf gold ammo, we both know thats the only way to fix a bunch of problems)

- add more tanks (90% of the players plays for grind / new tanks, no new tanks = no players)

TL:DR: We havent gotten any proper tier 8 med since like forever, i doubt this Fv42 will change that...

Well, at least we got the T-44 :D

That makes it up for the rest of the shitty bunch.

Basically at T8 you're either T-44/Persh/Type, IS-3/KT-AMX50 100 or a TD or you're basically more or less screwed - so much for what used to be one of the most balanced tiers

Well, at least we got the T-44 :D

That makes it up for the rest of the shitty bunch.

Basically at T8 you're either T-44/Persh/Type, IS-3/KT-AMX50 100 or a TD or you're basically more or less screwed - so much for what used to be one of the most balanced tiers

because almost all new tanks are weaklings, SU-101, Sta-1, Cent, Caern, T-34-2, IP, only 110, Rhm and At15 are good of the ``new`` tier 8 tanks

ps: T34, KV4 are imo also fine, especially in platoon they are very usefull (if you can stand slow aim (T34) or a slow tank (KV4))

Rhm and At15 are good of the ``new`` tier 8 tanks

ps: T34, KV4 are imo also fine, especially in platoon they are very usefull (if you can stand slow aim (T34) or a slow tank (KV4))

AT15 yeah, Rhm while it definitely is a good tank because of OP camo, gun and turret is a cancerous way to evolve gameplay, it's a one trick pony that can do nothing but camp and bitchslap people trying to be proactive.

I cannot stand tanks that are even barely slow, also the lack of viewrange on the T34... oh gawd. I would never play those two things D:

The IP right now has a 2.7 aimtime, and you want to increase it? But I agree if they made it go faster with a more powerful engine (or hovertank terrain resistance), it would play like a Leo 1 in tier 8 and be another excellent tank for learning how to leo.