Sign in to follow this  
ZXrage

Valachio is taking a break.

Honestly can't blame him.  #2 WN8 on the server, and now he has -G- tags.  ON TOP OF THAT, everyone in this game pretty much knows about him from the official forums, and also how he is a pro player.  So naturally arty will be the first to target him.  It's fucking ridiculous.

I wonder how long War Gaming is going to go with cancer still in the game.  Good players are leaving, REALLY GOOD PLAYERS are leaving the game.  _Bergs_ was one as well as I recall, but although it wasn't arty based completely, it had something to do with it.  Now Valachio, #2 on the server is leaving, JUST because he is xvm targeted in game by cancerous arty.

At this rate, world of tanks will go in a decline till it finally dries up............I hope War Gaming makes World of Warships good, because that's gonna be their main and only source of income very VERY soon.

Fuck arty. Kinda asking for it playing the T34 tho ;-)

I've been saying for a while that the artillery nerf was a complete failure. Increased aim-time, travel-time and some other shit in exchange for the ability to blow shit to pieces most shots?

Fuck that.

A lot of the time playing WoT is like being in an abusive relationship. You keep getting punched in the face but can't quite make the jump involved in kicking that shit to the curb.

Good luck Val, you've escaped :-)

The rest of us will continue to rot in this prison game we call WoT :-/

Sadly I dont think WG gives two fucks about one of the top players leaving because of arty. They only care about the bank account and as long as stupid pubbies keep on playing arty and using free XP to skip them, they will happily keep it in the game. Sadly. :/

A lot of the time playing WoT is like being in an abusive relationship. You keep getting punched in the face but can't quite make the jump involved in kicking that shit to the curb.

My god, that's the best analogy I've heard.

Sadly I dont think WG gives two fucks about one of the top players leaving because of arty. They only care about the bank account and as long as stupid pubbies keep on playing arty and using free XP to skip them, they will happily keep it in the game. Sadly. :/

The puzzling thing is that the competitive players spend the most money on the game. When WG was banning bots, they said that even if they banned everyone with a 48% win rate or lower, they would lose very little money because those people rarely spend any money on the game. Competitive players are the ones spending hundreds or thousands of dollars, not the guys who are content with grinding through crappy stock tanks with a standard account. You'd think they would make more money by catering to the high paying group of players.

Opulence1.jpg

Yup!

I feel for you man, as a green player i get f'd when i make aggressive moves in any tank.

This happens in my fcm but when im in my t5 lvling aka bdr, i can feel the arty fapping on me.

This guy has purple xvm and imagine how much arty faps on him, fgtz.

cancerous faggotz, hope they die.

Sucks to see good players leave. I can understand his hatred of arty as I don't really like the mechanic either. Getting hit for over 900 damage while moving (happened last night in my AMX 50 100) with no chance of retaliation isn't fun. I get targeted a lot by arty in my French tanks.

I am shamed to admit that I contributed to the arty rape of another player. 

Was playing on Redshire a few releases back when I noticed Garbad on the other team. Both sides had about 3 arties. I pointed out Garbad to our arty and suggested they all focus fire him. All of them apparently recognized him because there was instant agreement. Poor Garbad was dead within the first 3 minutes, if I recall correctly. The entire team had a good case of the giggles that game. 

It's one of the few times I've made a suggestion to a team and not encountered at least some static and stupid comments. Whatever else he is, Garbad is a unifying force in the community. 

But I've felt a little dirty ever since.

I have mixed feelings about all of this.  I hate arty, also.  It is like being struck by lightning.  There you are, being careful, trying to be arty safe, not sitting still when lit........and kaboom!!!!, death comes from the sky.

However, the tendency by arty to target the best players is logical and serves as a partial check on the truly great players.

The OTHER complaint voiced here, about RNG, I think is completely off base.   A good game has to have a balance of luck and skill.  A game of pure skill is boring because the better players own you every time.  A game of complete luck is boring because your input does not change the outcome.  In addition, RNG makes the game more like the real world.  There is no RNG in baseball or basketball, yet luck has a lot to do with the outcome of games.  The players do not have complete control.

Over the long haul RNG does not change results.  However, in the short haul it makes for more random results in the context of a particular game.  The RNG factors in aim, pen, and damage make the outcome of any particular event in game less clear and therefore make the best players less dominant at any single moment.  I think this is a good thing, and also makes it more likely that tomatoes will have a moment of glory....which will keep them coming back.

However, the tendency by arty to target the best players is logical and serves as a partial check on the truly great players.

Of course it is logical, most of the time, but what makes arty cancer is that there is no element of risk and barely any skill involved in one-shotting that purple Leo 1 with a single tiny movement of a finger. It nerfs skill by punishing good gameplay, which is fucking pathetic.