Sign in to follow this  
Doodman

New member and SO Bummed

About two months ago (@ 15000ish battles) I decided to care about my performance in wot. I was a 49.5%ish player.

I read many articles, learned maps and tank details. I read just about every thread in wotlabs. I learned the only constant in every battle is me!

In that two months I had a high 50s win rate and 1500 wn8. In my mind I was a blue and I expected to win every battle.

Until a week ago.

I can tell exactly when it happened: I got a mastery badge in my is2, I was TOP damage in a tier ix battle,

since that battle I've done nothing but lose. Last night I was 1 for 10. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing wrong, it even took me about 24 hrs to figure out I was in a slump.

How do I go from two months of upward progress to all of a sudden I can't get a win in ANY tank? I can see a string of bad battles but a week?

I feel like I went from on the rise to super potato

Tilt, as mentioned, is something that all of us go through, I, myself included. The best thing for you to do now, is take a break as mentioned, play something else for a bit, and when ya get back, look for platoon mates. it makes the game much more enjoyable

In a way it's just the normality of statistical anomalies: If you play enough battles, you are bound to have streaks where the game throws every crap at you it can (bad teams, bad RNG, ...). If that happens, going on tilt is understandable.

About two months ago (@ 15000ish battles) I decided to care about my performance in wot. I was a 49.5%ish player.

I read many articles, learned maps and tank details. I read just about every thread in wotlabs. I learned the only constant in every battle is me!

In that two months I had a high 50s win rate and 1500 wn8. In my mind I was a blue and I expected to win every battle.

Until a week ago.

I can tell exactly when it happened: I got a mastery badge in my is2, I was TOP damage in a tier ix battle,

since that battle I've done nothing but lose. Last night I was 1 for 10. I honestly have no idea what I'm doing wrong, it even took me about 24 hrs to figure out I was in a slump.

How do I go from two months of upward progress to all of a sudden I can't get a win in ANY tank? I can see a string of bad battles but a week?

I feel like I went from on the rise to super potato

That's nothing. The same goes on with me, but for over 3000 battles now. Months.

I have 1500 WN8 recent ( I think) and 47% winrate. On many evenings I barely break 40%.

My RU has 37% winrate (150 battles), the T62A also (200? battles). Bots win more.

First I raged (everyone would), then blamed wargaming....and now I don't care anymore. I just play, watch streams, read guides and try to get better.

Obviously if you are REALLY good, like the people here, you can win almost alone.

And then it does not matter anymore if wargaming is indeed cheating, if we have bad luck or anything else.

That's the goal.

As said before, just a bad streak. My recent wr has dropped 2% in the past two days alone. Its a struggle at the moment.

I read about the dreaded tilt. Off to netflix for a couple days.thx for the replies all :D

You don't really need days. Go watch a movie or 2, and you should be good to go.

The most important thing here is to clear you're mind, from all the frustrations this terrible games gives.

Today...43% Wins, 1800 WN8.

A lot of fun was had, much damage have I dealt. Can't win the games alone yet and really...how does it matter?

I have fun, earn credits and xp and I am most times top3. Can't do more with my abilities yet.

http://www.vbaddict.net/quick/privatebert-eu-763ad41bee4611a0b887cbd450528e07/silver

I'm back at it today and I'm hovering around a 50% wr. My wn8 is improved by abt 300.

Im just trying to minimize my moments of full potato :D

It's comforting to hear that some of you have rough spots too.

As a highlight during my tilt: i died 3 games in row to arty, two of which I was one shotted!

Also I got the same map I hate (because Im terribad on it) 3 games in a row

Maybe we should turn this into the 'full tilt horror stories thread'?

At 14000 battles I set a goal to reach 50% WR, I peaked at 50.08 and now sit at 50.03.

As you can see in my stats I was playing at high 50s% for about 2 months. 

Now I'm in full potato mode playing the same tanks.  ITs so hard to find the right mindset for me now, this is turning into a month long tilt

Am wondering if I really was playing so well or is it I was just being carried by lucky teams

thanks for letting me vent

Wtf!

1400 wn8 and 43% wr?

My wn8 is blue but my wr is bottom red?

I am NOT wn8 padding, I played mostly e75 and kv5 (needs that $ for e75)

I want to believe this will even out but it doesn't happen for 1k battles now

Ready to give up and uninstall

I had this for 3K battles with even higher WN8.

My T62A was at 36% winrate after 180 battles. RU251 at 38% after 160 battles.

My JgdPzE100 has 1800 WN8 and 44%...E100 almost the same.

Didn't help that I started to go tilt and started to play bad. Almost uninstalled 3 times :)

Now I just don't care any more. I try to play my best and to enjoy the game. I just shrug it off when I lose. After all, why is it so important?

If you made a good game you get nice credits and xp anyway. That's what I tell myself and guess what? I am slowly digging myself out of the hole.

It still needs herculean effort (for me) to get nice winrates. But if I play around 2000 WN8, I manage to win 50%.

The positive side is that I really feel I am improving. A lot. E.g. Dealing 3000 damage in a T7 in a T9 match is not special any more. If I could avoid my occasional derps (or my drunken playsessions on friday evenings), I would play at blue to purple level already, half my games are purple WN8. Which is nice and lets me forget the winrates.

Just try not to get mad, give your best, keep on watching streams and replays and it will get better. Don't rage.

Thanks Bert,

the stats thing is weird: you want to know how youre doing, so you look at them...but looking at them gets depressing.

what frustrates me is for a couple yrs (14k battles) I just played for fun, then I decided to learn the game, and for 1k battles  (for abt 2 months) I was playing so well, I thought I was for real a good player, now not so much.  Actually, Im WORSE than I was

I think youre right that looking at stats is probably screwing me up, which Ive seen several people say in other threads but Im too stubborn :tongue: