belBOSS

What CW gift tank to go for? - 3th Campaign CW

CW gift tank 3th campaign  

91 members have voted

1. 1. What CW tank would you go for if you don't have one of them yet?

Question

Hi everyone,

This is my first question on this forim and also my first post since i'm just new here! =D

Third Campaign is up on EU server and it says that we will have 3 tanks to choose from. (if i manage to get the top 11 000 of :tongue:  ):

I have not one of those tanks so i was wondering where to go for. The 907 seems like a worse normal t10 USSR med to me so i might be decide between the VK and the M60, but not sure yet.

What would you go for if you were in the same situation? And WHY would you go for that tank (please give a COMMENT down below so i know more then only a small poll!!  :smiledown:  I have no real XP with those tanks so your advice is rly welcome :D

I attached a poll to see what you guys think.

Thank you for your time

Kind regards

belBOSS

:thumbup:

I would actually also Like to know this. I was thinking 907 because I can use it as a Russian medium Crew trainer, but the fact its just a T-54 at tier 10 means it will be expensive to run with all the HEAT spam... 

honestly I think the M60 would be the best bet.

907 it's a Russian medium? what can go wrong..

Mind you, the ammunition costs for both AP and HEAT are significantly more on the Object 907 than the M60. For a few hundred more credits you get a 219 AP round vs. the M60's APCR. Pretty much a T-54 with possibly slightly more trollish armor a tier higher.

VK72 is a pretty nice and flexible machine, and should be a good pub stomper thanks to flexibility and trolly frontal armor  Would like to have eventually, but rather have a different option for the upcoming

907 just begs for HEAT spam, and it doesnt get the usual premium credit making ability. 219 pen on a tier 10 tank? Um... no. 

M60 would replace the M48 in my garage, giving me essentially one crew to use in three of my Favorite tanks, the M46, Super Pershing and the M60/M48

907 is the only "viable" CW tank here, HEAT-only is not a crippling weakness, and an acceptable tradeoff since it gains a considerable armor increase relative to T62A and 140, an good fodder tank when 140 and 62A has been expended.

M60 is actually not worse than M48, but M48 is a bad CW tank

VK is a joke.

907 is the only "viable" CW tank here, HEAT-only is not a crippling weakness, and an acceptable tradeoff since it gains a considerable armor increase relative to T62A and 140, an good fodder tank when 140 and 62A has been expended.

M60 is actually not worse than M48, but M48 is a bad CW tank

VK is a joke.

Going by Tank Inspector, the 907 seems to have at best similar or worse armour to the 140. The 30mm weakspot on the top of the turret seems even more glaring than on the 140.

Good question I was wondering the same thing. Love my patton. But i have a feeling that if the 907 is bad it'll get a buff or at least a soft buff. I think the Russian meds perform better than what the say on paper. Still undecided....

First of all, thanks you for the replies!

Mmm. I read a bunch of different comments here. I'm thinking to go for the VK or the M60. I think the 907 is just to mediocre (t54'ish, the ammo costs, pen. etc) to go for.

So, how does the VK perform? Playstyle, stats, fun, +, - points? And the same about the M60? (If you guys have xp with them ofc :tongue:

Kind Regards

belBOSS

So, how does the VK perform? Playstyle, stats, fun, +, - points? And the same about the M60? (If you guys have xp with them ofc :tongue:

Its a T10 heavy so its pretty great, not really sure why Carbon think its a joke. Even a shitty E-100 is better than the majority of everything at T10. The only t10 heavies that can suck are those that don't actually do the job of a heavy (113 im looking at you), and the VK definitely does the job of a heavy.

M60 plays sorta like an American Leopard... just with no camo. Another tank it sorta plays like is the M46. Bad final accuracy, but otherwise a railgun. Again though, no camo means you can't play it the same way. Less snipey snipey.

If you want the best tank for carrying, the VK is faaaaar and away the best. It's not really a ton of fun (unless you ram someone!), just sorta another E-100. M60 wasnt very fun to me, support meds are such a pain, and I'd rather just have a Leo if only for the smexyness. With that said, if you like the M48, the M60 is just better. The 907... no idea. It's a novelty, thats for sure, but otherwise garbage-tier.

Its a T10 heavy so its pretty great, not really sure why Carbon think its a joke. Even a shitty E-100 is better than the majority of everything at T10. The only t10 heavies that can suck are those that don't actually do the job of a heavy (113 im looking at you), and the VK definitely does the job of a heavy.

M60 plays sorta like an American Leopard... just with no camo. Another tank it sorta plays like is the M46. Bad final accuracy, but otherwise a railgun. Again though, no camo means you can't play it the same way. Less snipey snipey.

If you want the best tank for carrying, the VK is faaaaar and away the best. It's not really a ton of fun (unless you ram someone!), just sorta another E-100. M60 wasnt very fun to me, support meds are such a pain, and I'd rather just have a Leo if only for the smexyness. With that said, if you like the M48, the M60 is just better. The 907... no idea. It's a novelty, thats for sure, but otherwise garbage-tier.

Ty for the answer!

I saw some vids of the M60 and the VK on youtube, and the VK looks nice to me, but when you sidescrape, they seem to pen. the rounded end of your tank (at the side, below your turret), whole day. I have never played a high tier german heavy (only t10 heavy's i have some XP with is: is7, e5 and t57) but it just looks nice! I also love playing mediums so that would be something to mind and go for the M60. (bc25t, 140 and leo 1) So can't decide! :S

They can do that, but because turret rings aren't really common weakspots and the VK is a super rare tank, you can rely on most players have no idea what to do. Plus the spot isnt too large you hit a little to one direction and its 300mm+, the other and you hit the side armor.

Do be aware the VK's front isnt complete boss like the E-100s though. T10 TDs can pen the UFP if you don't angle it. Not that they know that, but it's something to be mindful of. All in all, the VK is a pretty poor E-100, but the mobility advantage it has is definitely very noticeable, so it's not completely inferior.

If i manage to be in in top 11.000 i will probably go for the VK. (not sure yet, but still those answers where very helpfull! :) )

More tips/ideas about M60 and VK are still welcome ofc.!

But how much CW games each week, you think you might have to play to get into that 11k top players EU :P

EDIT last post: They still manage to pen. him there even he is sidescraping ok?

29yftdj.jpg

wks16u.png

I found a 72.01 yesterday with my IS-7. Soviet hard hat plus his little hull bulge, it didn't end well for him. Should I manage to get an award tank, I'd choose the M60, it complements my 4202 nicely.

pfft, 907 is easy winner due to it being a semi-speedy, fantastic, semi-armored, dickcap throwaway tank. 

Well of course, first you need to get into the top 11k (EDIT:apparently top 3k for NA), and naturally this campaign is going to attract a lot of attention. But yeah, VK or M60 - I'm aiming for the VK as I have less heavies than meds.

EDIT last post: They still manage to pen. him there even he is sidescraping ok?

29yftdj.jpg

wks16u.png

There's a round portion on the side that helps house the turret. When you sidescrape you need to make sure that they don't get a flat angle on this. 

M60 or VK7201.

Why? Because I already have them and want 20k gold.

They will not be giving you the gold value. You cannot pick a tank you already had, per official sources.

Im not playing and wont play CW, but its hard choice here i guess, 907 is the best looking / semi usefull / unique, but is also piss poor...

xSKbXAd.png

The real 907 had much better armor, so i dont get why they use the weak gun AND the weak armor....

Obj907.png

I can only go for the 907 since I have the other two already. Sad I can't choose the gold because I don't drive any of this two regularly. I have it in the garage and that's it.
M60 is just an M48 with even less camo, it is the worst of all T10 Mediums and you rly feel it. Not rly useful in CW but at least you don't have to shoot gold. Everyone who likes the M48 can take this tank. You won't have a new experience but a decent tank.

VK is a worse E100 with even more reload time. Most of the time I drove this tank were in CW. Nice for Yolo tactics. If your VK gets locked no one will miss him. After the change of the FV Heavy it will be the only back turreted heavy on T10. Nice for side scrapping. Penetration is bad though. So is amo capacity. Unlike the E100 you have to life with far less shells. You have to decide which you are taking with you.

€. Forgott Maus also has its turret in the back.