zapyoug

Teamkilling, turning blue, getting banned, and everything terrible (except arty)

-just before everything else I'm not aware of how this topic sits on this forum so if I should shut my face inform me so

And now to the terrible: Team damage

In the last few months Ive managed to turn myself blue/get banned in a few different interesting ways including getting miffed and shooting a fool misplacing a shot into a random, a teammate driving in front of my autoloader & happily giving my clan mates lead hugs but its seemed that not all team kills hold the same weight sooo here I am to ask
  What are the weights of say spraying 20 shells into a "friendly" tank's rear who drove in front of a started spray compared to lobbing a 183 hesh shell into a toonmate in their batchat. How does the system treat shooting tracks off of people and will I be banned for drowning my AFK platoonmate?

if anyone has gone through and tested this/ if this has been written somewhere before I would love a link

I would place a bet i deserve to be beaten with a stick for posting this but I really would like to know regardless of my shitty humor dragged in here

honestly what i posted here really deserves to be tossed in the can, its crap

You can edit that you know, hit edit, then 'use full editor'.

oh thank you

~just changed it

No, bad.

Wrong bat place wrong bat channel.

This would translate into what roughly if you put it into english?

Official forums are more suitable for this tripe, this isn't the place for it.

Have legit issues and questions by all means inquire here, but your OP is garbage if you're asking how to get away with TKing and team damage.

Just like how each of us has the "ability" to punch the nearest person next to us IRL doesn't mean we ever should. Same goes for WOT, the developers put in team damage only for the sake of realism, nothing more.

Official forums are more suitable for this tripe, this isn't the place for it.

Have legit issues and questions by all means inquire here, but your OP is garbage if you're asking how to get away with TKing and team damage.

Its more a point of curiosity. It is actually pretty rare for me to team kill someone

I know it wasnt changed too long ago and today specifically Ive had a less teammate friendly time

(2 teamkills, in the last 6 months or so Ive probally had about 4 including those two)

I should probably try and phrase things... better

As a purely accidental factor I am not sure what the actual thresholds are, but multiple shots are generally more apt to get you a time out  vs actually shooting someone once and accidentally killing them (which usually turns you blue).

oh thank you

~just changed it

Possibly implying that this thread should be in Shenanigans, Imo it's 50/50 as it's technically a "core mechanic".

As for your question which I roughly interpret to be "how much team damage can I get away with before I get banhammered?"

I have found that a general rule of thumb is that you can shoot a teammate twice, the 3rd shot gets you an hour to find something more productive to do, (or come here and shitpoast). I have had two such timeouts, in both cases I would argue that the other guy deserved it (who doesn't claim that though?). Platoon mates used to be exempt, but apparently they changed that in whatever patch they tightened the team damage threshold.

My new stance is that team damage is in the vast majority of cases simply not worth it, if it ever was, shitlords happen, in most cases it isn't worth getting banned over.

Put it this way, you can exit to garage do some goosfrabas and jump in another tank and a different game, or be instapunted to garage and wait an hour or more to do the same thing.

Just install SafeShot and stop screwing yourself over.

It even sends out a text message warning the person your tried to click them.

Which is actually kinda funny because sometimes they will decided to TK you and get punished for it.

Lulz.

In VIII+ tier battle you need 3-4 shots to turn blue and then get banned (every shot counts, even detrack). With some recently team damage it's much easier to say 'hello' to WoT but I have no idea how it works exactly. Anyway I love when dumb TK are trying to kill me from full HP and I just don't disturb them.

Not only shots count - there are also ramming dmg and pushing an ally into water.

Everyone accidentally shoots teammates from time to time, even with SafeShot, a single shot isn't gonna do much unless it happens in every odd game. However multiple shots get you banned really quickly, a couple days ago I turned blue just by putting 3 shots into a teammate that thought pushing my 12t out of a bush in front of half the enemy team.

So yeah, just dont.

Everyone accidentally shoots teammates from time to time, even with SafeShot, a single shot isn't gonna do much unless it happens in every odd game. However multiple shots get you banned really quickly, a couple days ago I turned blue just by putting 3 shots into a teammate that thought pushing my 12t out of a bush in front of half the enemy team.

So yeah, just dont.

IIRC 3 consecutive shots of team damage is an automated ban.

you can actually tk people with safeshot on, and generally you get banned less

Considering it's a user mod I fail to see why it would be able to affect WGs autoban system.

@ OP in nearly 8k battles I've never been blue once. If you're having genuine problems with not being able to not damage teammates it is because you're a moron and you should rightfully be blue'd and banned.

@ Safeshot discussion - I never wanted to try this, I just thought something that controls my fire is too invasive and would get in the way. Oh was I wrong. I don't struggle to not shoot teammates, but the not shooting at a wreck is invaluable to keeping your damage up. Lots of times I'd waste a shot in a dead tank and be left hanging with another target. This means you always have that shot ready to be put into a live target.

There is the odd time that safeshot stops a shot on an enemy tank because a part of a green tank is in the reticle (but not where it would get hit and yes I know left alt to override but when its a quick shot the moment is gone already..), rare but annoying, still use it though. Now about tk'ing, I remember reading somewhere that there was a mod that actually showed you how much TK dmg you could safely do, but I don't know the name of it and never really searched for it.

I have turned Blue twice in my near 20K games.  First was an accident and happened in the first 3K games, I attempted to reset a scout capping us that was hiding behind an AFK T1 heavy.  Hit the T1 Heavy and turned blue, killed the scout, won the game and was not blue the next game thankfully.

Second time was plattooning SU-122-44's in a three man group in Himmelsdorf. A tier 4 scout on our team was trying to huddle behind us and kept bumping me and my platton mates in the process.  Was told repeatedly to stop bumping us, then bumped me while I was lining up a railway kill shot. Turned TD to him and tracked him, and warned him to move away after he repaired his tracks.  Got some splash from arty, but got a good hit in on a Chi Ri ... annnnnnnnnd - he bumped into me again from behind, spooning me in his wee German scout.  Turned back on him, warned him to move, he did not and I blapped him - turned blue, and stayed that way for 5 matches, despite not doing any team damge before that match or after it.  Did not get banned, though the idiot started howling in broken english "He shotted me!".  At that point, I was laughing and would have happily accepted my ban if WG had issued one.

As the 70's crime show "Baretta"  main character used to say, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time".