SamCyanide

Install Overwolf, play tanks for an hour - get 1k gold

It really is not a bad program, the reason it's slowing down your pc is because it is still in beta and they haven't figured out all the chinks out. Good TS stuff, like message overlay when someone posts message, and shows who it's taking to distinguish from the 25_30 ppl in the room

they haven't figured out all the chinks out

Yes, those chinks are a sneaky bunch. I don't trust them.

I wouldn't go so far as to call it shit.

It at least has a really simple and easy TS overlay, which is nice.

Compared to old TS overlay, overwolf is a pile of crap.

Thats why im using the old overlay.

Oh boy wargaming and FTR, now you've done it. I'm fucking pissed. FTR chooses some shitters stolen tutorial over mime which I sent in 16hrs prior, and the mods on the official forum have removed my thread. Fuck those guys, both of them. Absolutely retarded. http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/398801-install-overwolf-leave-open-for-an-hour-get-1k-gold/

Oh boy wargaming and FTR, now you've done it. I'm fucking pissed. FTR chooses some shitters stolen tutorial over mime which I sent in 16hrs prior, and the mods on the official forum have removed my thread. Fuck those guys, both of them. Absolutely retarded. http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/398801-install-overwolf-leave-open-for-an-hour-get-1k-gold/

Wuz an EU guy, I guess he doesn't trust us NA fags :/

seems its not working for sea (sigh) so i have one unredeemed code here. pm me if you want it, ill send it to you

edit:gone

Holy fuck it does use your IP address... I kept getting a "one user too many" error and overwolf wasn't giving me a second code, then I set some random Chinese proxy and it gave me a second code. The second code doesn't work a second time on my account though, which was expected.

Edit: The bonus code did work on a different account though...

Hey everyone!

Name's Raif and I'm the Overwolf Community Manager. I've seen some issues you've had reported here and would like to lend you all a hand.

First, if you're getting the message that "One user too many... The World of Tanks giveaway code has already been unlocked by a previous user", please send your Overwolf ID name to Team@Overwolf.com as well as if you're located on a network or there are multiple computers/users who are playing WoT and already claimed a code.

Second, for all the SEA users, we're very very sorry. There was a misunderstanding between us and Wargaming regarding the codes and it turns out that the codes they gave us are US/EU only. We'll be updating the promotion with this information immediately and are very very sorry about it.

Third, if you have a timer that has huge amounts of time (more than it's supposed to) please send your logs to Support@Overwolf.com as that is a bug and we want to fix it.

Also, if you are having trouble downloading/installing Overwolf due to not being able to reach the servers, please try this link here - it bypasses the site and downloads the installer straight away: http://download.overwolf.com/OverwolfInstaller.exe

If you are encountering any issues such as crashing, timer resetting or Overwolf not showing up in World of Tanks, please don't hesitate to contact us at Team@Overwolf.com and we'll gladly help each and every one of you privately.

Keep on gaming!

Edited by OWRaif

Hey everyone!

<snip>

I give you upboat for creating an account here just to post in a topic that labels your product as "shitty" in the title in an effort to help people and make it better...

Hey everyone!

Name's Raif and I'm the Overwolf Community Manager. I've seen some issues you've had reported here and would like to lend you all a hand.

First, if you're getting the message that "One user too many... The World of Tanks giveaway code has already been unlocked by a previous user", please send your Overwolf ID name to Team@Overwolf.com as well as if you're located on a network or there are multiple computers/users who are playing WoT and already claimed a code.

Second, for all the SEA users, we're very very sorry. There was a misunderstanding between us and Wargaming regarding the codes and it turns out that the codes they gave us are US/EU only. We'll be updating the promotion with this information immediately and are very very sorry about it.

Third, if you have a timer that has huge amounts of time (more than it's supposed to) please send your logs to Support@Overwolf.com as that is a bug and we want to fix it.

Also, if you are having trouble downloading/installing Overwolf due to not being able to reach the servers, please try this link here - it bypasses the site and downloads the installer straight away: http://download.overwolf.com/OverwolfInstaller.exe

If you are encountering any issues such as crashing, timer resetting or Overwolf not showing up in World of Tanks, please don't hesitate to contact us at Team@Overwolf.com and we'll gladly help each and every one of you privately.

Keep on gaming!

Wow, Maybe this program isn't so bad after all if the manager comes along to help... Sorry about the strong wording - I just had a bad experience and personal bias reflected my opinion from a year or so ago. 

Anyways, I posted (albeit a much tamer version of) this on the official forum and it got removed... and a popular news site used a stolen tutorial - so I guess it is still being spread. Thanks for the codes mate.

Wow, Maybe this program isn't so bad after all if the manager comes along to help... Sorry about the strong wording - I just had a bad experience and personal bias reflected my opinion from a year or so ago. 

Anyways, I posted (albeit a much tamer version of) this on the official forum and it got removed... and a popular news site used a stolen tutorial - so I guess it is still being spread. Thanks for the codes mate.

Psst* you can edit topic titles by clicking edit on your first post and using the full editor >>

I live to help =)

Seriously though, if our program doesn't work, whats the point of me working 11 hours a day? We live to make this program better and better with each beta release (Overwolf is still in beta keep that in mind) and listen to everything that people say about us. 

I live to help =)

Seriously though, if our program doesn't work, whats the point of me working 11 hours a day? We live to make this program better and better with each beta release (Overwolf is still in beta keep that in mind) and listen to everything that people say about us. 

The primary reason why I don't use Overwolf regularly is because after running for approximately 4 hours it starts consuming inordinate amount of system resources and eventually crashes.  Generally this occurs while I'm in some sort of "important" match at a very inopportune time.  Also, it's bloody annoying sometimes.  I don't want popups.  I don't want to know it's there.  I don't want it to remind me that it's running.  I just want shit that works with the absolute minimal amount of intrusion possible.  Now that there's a WoT mod that connects TS with the in-game chat notifications I never use it at all.

I do use it for video capture for the purposes of recording videos for youtube when I'm too lazy to set up OBS though.

Is the IP tied to the router? I was able to get the bonus for my NA account (thanks Sam and Overwolf) but would also like to try it with my EU account. If tied to the router I'll just try do it at a different location.

Guys, my brother wants to get a code too, but what proxy/program to use for that as its only once per IP? Fenks :3

An overwolf community manger posted in this thread earlier. He said you can get multiple codes for family etc through support.

Compared to old TS overlay, overwolf is a pile of crap.

Thats why im using the old overlay.

Dear gods, yes.  Where do you find the old overlay?  I ditched the concept completely when TS3 swapped to Overwolf Alpha.

Hey everyone!

Keep on gaming!

Holy crap...

I give you upboat for creating an account here just to post in a topic that labels your product as "shitty" in the title in an effort to help people and make it better...

This.  This indeed.  While I also agree that Overwolf, as it is now, is a redundant and resource hogging program, it could have merit, and this kinda effort is impressive regardless.

I live to help =)

I'm sure, as you work in the technology and gaming community, that you're aware that this kind of transparent support/developer access/response is a rarity.  Well done to you and good luck on getting Overwolf to a point where it overcomes its rough start.