That vid definitely got a boat from me.

Arty avoidance is a bit map and arty specific but there are some general blindspots that works from most of the popular arty locations. Frankly, I've found that being an HT player, it's easier to frustrate clickers by hanging out veeery close to the kill box but never quite entering it or only poking with a few pixels. Even in my big fat E-100, the clickening is a fairly rare event if I'm not forced to drive around in the open. It does limit my tactical options a little bit on certain maps but I'd rather have a shitty WN8 win than feeding a clicker. Also, I would suggest that using your ears is a primary way of avoiding clickers. If you hear the signature explosion of arty hitting the ground or a friendly, you now have 20-30 seconds where you can get shots in or change location. 

However, I know one deep dark secret to avoiding artillery permanently, although it is only available to EU players:

Platoon with Gash, he gets nuked in 80% of our battles: I can drive my E-100 in the open next to his T-62A and

he is the one getting triple nuked while I get to go spot and pick up bonus exp and damage. I'm not even joking, it's fucking spooky how much arty targets him for no reason whatsoever.

However, I know one deep dark secret to avoiding artillery permanently, although it is only available to EU players:

Platoon with Gash, he gets nuked in 80% of our battles: I can drive my E-100 in the open next to his T-62A and

he is the one getting triple nuked while I get to go spot and pick up bonus exp and damage. I'm not even joking, it's fucking spooky how much arty targets him for no reason whatsoever.

on NA, it's "platoon with an object 263 or 113".  I've been focused over sheriff accounts that I've platooned with while playing these tanks.  they all want their master tanker badges.

Another thing that was brought up in the GD thread (yea I posted this there for fun). Anyway the point was, when you know the arty is waiting for you to break cover, it helps to back up as far as you can so you build up some speed by the time you break cover. I have used this before and its a really valid tactic, for example I have to get from behind this hill into the buildings a few hundred meters away, so I take a run-up and break cover at ~40kph. 

Another thing that was brought up in the GD thread (yea I posted this there for fun). Anyway the point was, when you know the arty is waiting for you to break cover, it helps to back up as far as you can so you build up some speed by the time you break cover. I have used this before and its a really valid tactic, for example I have to get from behind this hill into the buildings a few hundred meters away, so I take a run-up and break cover at ~40kph. 

http://youtu.be/yb1KU9q9syk

You can't hide even with speed

Usually I fake going out of cover and pull back to bait the shot.

That works, although when its a GC or 92 they still splash you for 500hp

I'm not sure about the 261, the 261's low gun traverse seems to make it a real pain when you need to re-align

Re-aims pretty quickly

just thought I'd add some further thoughts

My thoughts on the current tier 10 artillery pieces:

Conqueror Gun Carriage: This thing is just so motherfucking broken... After I had my first game in this shitlordwagon I immediately understood why I always get completely fucked over by these things. The accuracy, aim time, ridiculous arc, huge splash, enormous damage all make it stupidly powerful. Definitely the strongest arty in the game. However, it tends to do better in slower games, for example when a brawl down a lane stagnates.  Agreed.  proper positioning uses the 1000m max range to negate a lot of cover, getting arc that other arties can only get with corner-to-corner shots.  however, it pays with the reload and accuracy, which are still the worst in the game, and that 1.1 number still leaves plenty of room for RNG to screw you.  worst arty for fast moving games, as you may only fire 2 or 3 shots before the match is decided. There's a reason you bring it to CW to break hard turtles on maps like Karelia and Fjords.

Obj 261: This is another very powerful artillery piece, the exceptional accuracy and low arc make it great for shooting AP, smacking your targets with 360-pen-quad-digit-alpha-rounds is very easy. I found that all I had to do was shoot AP for the first half of the battle when everything was high HP, then load up HE and just clean-up everything with >700 HP. The low arc definately limits it on a lot of the new maps, but usually a little bit of re positioning allows you to keep shooting. While this arty is not as good overall as the CGC, it definitely performs very well, particularly on open maps and fast paced battles.  Agreed here too.  261 is probably the best for affecting the battle outcome early with its short reload.  in fast games, I may have fired 6 rounds already by the point the 3rd shot for my CGC is loaded, which allows far more early influence.  I still need to find spots on Karkov.  those buildings block my CGC, let alone this.  on the reddit post with the artillery arcs, the 1st comment that "the 261's arc has been mislabeled as the x-axis" isn't that much of an exaggeration.

BC 155 58: An arty with an autoloader... The reload on this thing is just so fucking painful. Other than that, I think this is a pretty strong arty although it struggles against the heavier targets like E100/Maus, its very good at dealing with mediums because of the autoloader and lesser armour. I didn't play much, but I found that I was able to dish out an abnormal amount of crew and module damage, which I put down to the repeated hits on targets.  My least favorite T10 arty.  the 72 sec clip reload can really screw you, when targets open up and you are still 1/2 way through your reload, and the damage to superheavies is basically useless.  I had a game in my maus on prokerovka, with GrannyW in her bat arty on the other side.  I went middle, she shot two full clips at me for maybe 800 dmg total, and 1/2 the rounds did no damage.  When I play mine, I find 1/2 the rounds miss completely, one will splash for ~100 dmg + track, and maybe 1 in the clip will land for decent damage.  pitiful for that 72 sec reload (with food)

T92: This is a bad arty... It took me 5 games before I actually caused a single HP of damage. The terrible accuracy, aim time and bloom just make this a very ineffective arty. Obviously it still gets the stupid RNG rolls that just fuck someone over, but these are not common.  T92 is still good on the wide open maps in the game:  prokerovka, sand river, and malinovka.  its round crosses the map much faster than the CGC's, allowing you to hit thingks like the hill on prokerovka from the west side without the round being completely up to RNG.  Load AP on himmilsdorf for maximum LOLs (and reliance on RNG)

GW E-100: Meh arty is meh. Everything is very average on this clicker, average accuracy, average splash, average damage, etc.  it would be great if the mobility wasn't so horrible.  being unable to reposition within a decent amount of time means you have to pick an initial spot, and you can't run from anything that plans on killing you.  gun is better than the 53/55 in every way.  better reload, better damage, better splash, better AP,  but the platform kills it with low traverse arc and low mobility.

This is really cringeworthy, never play arty, and then I sit to click for a min...

hsvePwSI.png

Hit 10/10 would click again

Ok, I bought a cancer cannon on the test server and tried it out. I enjoyed myself in a really sick, twisted horrible way. Until I lost, then it wasn't so fun. I just drove to the back corner of the map and clicked whatever I saw get lit. Didn't bother moving or anything because honey badgers don't care about baddies who play arty clicking back. If you enjoy watching cancer penetrate innocent tanks than dis replay is for you. If I was a damage farming wn8 lover I would def buy one since winning is overrated, just gotta do dat damage.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1303192#pearl_river-one_nifty_honey_badger-object_261

lesson to be learned from this video.  don't be an idiot, move after being spotted.  also, based on my calculations / experience, it takes about 8k damage in T10 arty minimum to carry a team of semi-potatoes.  5k-6k dmg is not enough.  This video probably also shows my targeting priorities well too, which usually involves (a) getting rounds downrange and (b) hitting important/squishy targets.

after battle screenshot:

n39pZhn.jpg

PS:  if somebody wants to edit it with funny effects, go ahead.  I suck at editing. replay

Pity give me lessons on arty avoidance pls. Was in a toon with Precum and liftlift, I was still the one getting clicked at, I'm just very confused at this point. My rage levels often get way over the top when I get clicked...

Well, it's happening. FreeXP'd the FV207 and the CGC grind has begun.

I'm sperging at pubbies about camping being prevented and skybola and such.

Within like 4 matches of doing this, Loz already had pubbies complaining about me to him.

Arty avoidance movements: What I found was that very sudden stops are probably the most effective at avoiding the clickers, because the low shell speed (particularly on the GC) mean that once he fires you have a few seconds to make an unpredictable movement. Also, make weird course adjustments, instead of going as the crow flies. Nothing will save you from RNG though.

The emphasis should be on being unpredictable. Sudden stops can get you into trouble if the arty player knows what they're doing. Because it takes a 2-3 seconds of acceleration to get back up to speed, stopping opens an opportunity for arty to hit you dead on. I've watch players doing crazy dances with their tanks to avoid arty and I simply just waited for them to stop and change direction, works 9/10 times. To avoid being a victim of this I generally snake as I backup randomly changing the radius of my arc until I'm confident that I'm no longer spotted before stopping and moving forward again. 

Another handy tip, if arty has a hard on for you, shift positions on the map enough to make them traverse their hull, they'll either have to give up trying to put a bead on you, or they'll have to traverse and waste at least 10-15 sec to re-aim. 

Finally, the thing that annoys an arty player the most is inconsistent spotting, especially when the spotted is alternating between 2 flanks asynchronously. This constantly force them to think about whether to spend the time to shift flanks and re-aim. You generally can't control this in a random game, but what you can do is make sure you aren't constantly spotted; back up enough to "disappear" and pop back in to sight in a different place, from a different direction, be unpredictable

Arty is a class of vehicle that is more effective as the battle is prolonged, keep the battle short by advancing is the best way to fight them and keep them out of the equation. 

Well, it's happening. FreeXP'd the FV207 and the CGC grind has begun.

I'm sperging at pubbies about camping being prevented and skybola and such.

Within like 4 matches of doing this, Loz already had pubbies complaining about me to him.

That's exactly what I did with my CGC before I sold it. One shot fuckers everywhere, pubbies say, "NS", and I go on a rant about how it was rng and luck and cancer is the easiest thing ever and they should go play in traffic for thinking it takes skill. Many were less than happy. Sold it so i could stand looking at myself in the mirror again.

I've gotten to a point where I'll go the middle of proh. to snipe the hill in any tanks with 5 arties on the other side. In all honesty just because I play so much arty, and to stay safe in that spot I just do exactly what I hate. Very random movements, never repeating the same back up pattern, random jerks forward etc. CGC/T92's are probably the easiest arties to piss off on open maps that are big. The shell travel just makes it impossible to hit somebody that is erratic.

Pubbies honestly are the worst they are so random.

Unica though are so god damn predictable it's not funny. (At least from my experience)

Reminds me when we played -FU- on Northwest I hit a 62a 800 meters away going full speed with the cgc (1000 hp to dead). Morale of the story is please don't drive in a straight line. Especially in CW.