Pocktio

The New & Improved Box Rapist - AT15A Premium British TD

Welcome, brothers and sisters; to my pseudo-review & early impressions of the spiffing AT15A. 

You can equip all British tanks with sky camoflage. This will render enemies helpless as they thrash around screaming about how they sky itself is shooting them

Surely a glorious invention showcasing the greatness of British intellect. 

Behold it's majesty:

i4A8yzE.png

Try to ignore the ghetto as fuck crew, for this marks the beginning of my entry into British TDs and as such I had no crew waiting around. The sad fact is that the AT15A was worthless pre 9.4, now perhaps WG may have overbuffed a teensy bit. 

Overview

Tier 7 with PREF MM 

HP - 1050HP

Mass - 65 tons of British Sex

Engine - 650hp

Traverse - 24 deg/sec

Armour - 228/152/101

Armament - QQF 17-pdr AT Gun Mk. VII 

Damage - 150/190

Reload with rammer/110% Crew - 3.7 secs

Aim time - 1.9s

Acc - 0.32

Pen - 171/239 

View - 350m

So we can see this thing is a veritable slug of the Empire. 

It does however feature a high RoF gun with the accuracy and aimtime so good the Queen herself approved it's battlefield use by smashing a bottle of Lambrini on the side of the first model produced. True story.

The armour is this vehicle is interesting. There are several weakspots installed so as to facilitate the easy passing of tea and crumpets to the crew. It was decided a weaker hull was better than a demoralised crew. 

Here we can see the ports

CqrI2N6.png

So what one needs to ensure you only poke around from the right hand side which hides ones cupola. To avoid hits to the MG port one simply wiggles ones booty. If they miss they will hit 228mm of slopey sexy armour and ricochet while your crew continues to enjoy their crumpets uninterrupted. 

The gun is fairly simple to use, yet utterly brutal. Swift reloads mean regular pain and opens up the beautiful world of perma-tracking. You can deliver 300 alpha every 7 secs with the right setups. Not too shabby. The gun will also be laser accurate, aims quicker than a bunch of ragged Orphans to gin and has a whopping 239 penetration with gold. More than enough to thrash any no-good rapscallion with the temerity to interpose himself betwixt you and your objectives.

There are two distinct playstyles one can choose with these vehicle: assault gun and assaultier gun. Though well suited to long range combat due to the aimtime, accuracy and sufficient penetration; the AT15A is a sturdy little vehicular ball of slaughter. While it may be prudent to engage tier 8 vehicles at a longer range to make it harder for them to put rounds through the tea & pudding ports, it is best to sow fear and despair into the hearts of pubbies at close range. Wiggle, bounce & fire. Repeat. Reap tears. Repeat. 

One must use & abuse the depression and epic gun arc of this vehicle. Though it is a hugebeast, as huge as your mother. It does have excellent gun soft stats. It's quite easy to put oneself in very strong positions using the gun arc & depression, so as to deny the enemy easy shots on ones tea & crumpet ports. 

It is recommended to pair up with another AT15A and a fast moving tier 6 for maximum results. 

See below for the results of this deadly combination:

026UdnT.png

dk6GR4C.png

It truly is a woe-machine of terrifying proportion. 

Recommended Setups: Crew & Equipment

As this is my first foray into the frighteningly exciting world of British TDs, I run a ghetto setup. 

My crew are

Recon

Repairs

Repairs

Repairs

Repairs

Repairs

Repairs

Repairs

Repairs

Repairs

Repairs

Repairs

and

Repairs

Playing this indomitable vehicle as one should requires you to be on the ball with those spanners gents. Tracks must be tippety-top and spickedy-span post-haste so one can resume blasting those dastardly bastards to bits some more. 

Once not ghetto and in a good public school, ones crew will ideally look like this

Sixth Sense/Recon

Repairs/ Designated target

Clutch Braking / Repairs

Situational Awareness / Repairs

Repairs / Camo

Safe Stowage / Repairs

Followed by Camo or BiA, under one's own discretion. 

Equipment-wise I am running the obviously essentially rammer to ferociously ram ones shells harder into their breech. As the gun handling is already so excellent I would dismiss the GLD as poppycock and so run a spall liner instead. One cannot evade arty in this. One must learn to minimise splash a great deal, so those clicking cuntnuggets can't finish you off by serially missing ones AT. One runs binocs simply as one is so slow. At close ranges one does not need it, but the 25% is most noticeably useful when one must hold a position. 440m view range is most useful in a tier 7 match. 

One could well swap out the spall for optics for extra view range. Again this is down to ones own discretion.

Summary

One would heartily recommend this fine vehicle. 

If one cannot deal with slow speed one would not recommend, however it truly is a potent machine. The only thing more potent is a pair working in tandem to DPM anything they face to teensy little regret-filled bits. One must also note that while one can and will utterly annihilate flanks the friendly team will always do its best to lose the other. One must accept this as the speed allows for no flexing back to cap. This is why bringing a Cromwell is a damn good idea. 

It is also not a tank for beginners. It rewards good positioning, fire discipline and the ability to read map and team compositions on the fly. 

Fun Factor : 10/10

Power Factor : 8/10 (Against tier 7s & 8s) 

Flexibility : 4/10 

I love it. So good. 

Holla at a motherfucker if you disagree with my setup or have any suggestions/other things to add. 

There are several weakspots installed so as to facilitate the easy passing of tea and crumpets to the crew. It was decided a weaker hull was better than a demoralised crew. 

You got me here! :D

+1 for the review, even though I'll never get one myself

Misinformation is great. There was a machinegun port?

oTJofmV.png

Since when was that not a weakspot? Machine gun ports are always weakspots. 

I always shoot AT15s & Torts in their MG ports and pen. 

Well chaps & chapettes it turns out that side has no weakspots. The tank just got even better.

It was also nice of you to be as assholish as possible in your reply after I took the time to write this out and asked for feedback if you disagree with anything. Thanks.

It was also nice of you to be as assholish as possible in your reply after I took the time to write this out and asked for feedback if you disagree with anything.

I would like to apologize. You are right and I am wrong. Thank you for taking the time to correct me.

You guys raped me pretty hard through the anus on malinovka today. Enjoy the win? Right.

Its actually pretty good/fun right now... and makes decent money

with prem acc, if you do around 1500dmg you make 50k profit, thanks to the dirt cheap ammo.

Hmmm, tempting to have as a crew trainer. It looks even assaultier than the JT88 having no giant LFP weakspot. As I currently have zero good UK crews, it may end up training a few crews. As a frontliner, no SS shouldn't be too big of a problem. And that gun dep, just wow.

OMG, the AT 15A is built of lulz. Thanks for the recommendation! This tank is a good enough credit grinder that I don't even care if I'm grinding skills for a line I've no intention of playing!

Joke is that it was already a pretty ok cred farmer before the buff. 

Only difference is chance of trolling tier 6 changed: 66% → 110%

>Tracks must be tippety-top and spickedy-span post-haste so one can resume blasting those dastardly bastards to bits some more.

10/10 would read again

bought this today first game 4 kills 3000 damage and a loss still made 62000 credits

I just bought this monster. Haven't played it yet, should be fun!

Edit: First match was great fun, lost, but still fun. Question is, should I be using gold with this tank.

im of similar level to you and hardly ever use gold, it can pen most things you will meet without it

You should be using gold if you need more than 170 pen... that's a weird question to ask. Its not like the AT-15A has ammo problems or needs to worry about reloading if it needs to use a different round, you just load whatever you need for the situation.

I see a lot of people calling out me and others for slinging some premium ammo in a premium tank. I suppose  when I get up against something that's hard to pen I should just shrug and get farmed while hoping for high pen rolls on the silver shell, then queue up the next tank.

But I like winning, and even if my profit is smaller, it still gives more crew xp to keep fighting, and there might be more targets I can pen with silver later.

I mean sure...the Type 59 can flank and the T34/Löwe have high pen, but many other premiums can easily be cornered into a situation where the silver pen just isn't good enough more often.

So is this fine beast worth getting? Assuming that we like the Jagdtiger 8,8cm sometimes only to be sorely disappointed by the feeble LFP, the genuinely disappointing superstructure that filthy unsportsmanlike T9 chaps like to greet with gold and the boxyness of the box, would we be in a situation that might lead us to enjoy her Majestys rolling stronghold of Britishness?
Also would the Gentlemen advise us to wait for a reduction of the beasts steep price or is it worthy enough to merit spending the full amount of golden currency?
Tally ho chaps!