skaeke

When to Accelerate Crew Training

Accelerate Crew Training  

92 members have voted

1. 1. How many full skill/perks before you turn off Accel Crew?

• FORRRRREEEEEEVVVVVVEEEEEERRRRRRR! I must convert all the XPez!
    • Sixth Sense! gotta get it! I care for nothing else!
    • 5!?
    • Nevah!

So personally I usually leave this checked all the time. I don't convert xp and most of my better crews are working on their 3rd skill. To me it's a given. I want to try out all the skills and perks. I want to make sure my crew has all the oddball abilities that are the best for whatever tank they are driving.

However in Crab's thread about all the xp bonuses this upcoming weekend I saw these comments:

The thought of people wasting a 2x XP every battle special on crew XP makes me a sad kitten :<

Ultimately, crews are the hardest to obtain, not tanks!

In my experience, people with poketank fetishes are the ones who need a bunch of crews. Us sane people with only 30-40 tanks in their garage at any given time rarely need to train new crews, especially given a quarter of those are going to be prems who don't need a dedicated crew. Plus after the first couple skills crews XP is really just a drop in the bucket for the horrendously low return. You could probably grind all the crews you'd ever need in a couple thousand games. With prems getting so much crew XP full time, it shouldnt be hard to turn out crews all the time.

Oh well. I guess my experience is a bit biased due to 30k games, but skilled crews have always been by far the most plentiful thing. Credit and XP has historically been the block for me since registering in beta. Even now I still have the ST-I, 121, and new russian/german lights to grind out. This may be because I rarely ever convert XP. Accel. training all day erry day.

I thought this merited a broader discussion and didn't want to hijack that thread with it. I realize this all boils down to preference but out of curiosity I pose these questions:

• What is the consensus?
  • Is it a waste of XP that folk should spend gold on?
  • Is there number of skills/perks cut off point?  
  • Do you stop once you have whatever must have skills/perks you need for that tank are attained?

Probably no consensus because it depends on your needs.

I have 1.5 million convertible xp, so I don't need any more. Other players don't or won't free xp so they don't need it.

NOTE if you have a x2 crew event, the accel xp is applied BEFORE the multiplier so effectively 4x crew. Highly worth it and stacking with on track x2 even more.

If you have four crew members it increases your xp rate by 25% which is not trivial.

Btw your poll answers don't match the question; never and forever need to be swapped

There are many variables to this. The ones I consider are:

1. Do I have enough gold to convert unused exp?

2. Will I use the tank enough I'm training for to give it extra skills?

- My IS-3 and Pershing are tanks I use all the time for tournaments/strongholds/team battles. Having a 4 skill vs a 3 skill crew is more important in those tanks than say a tier 10 that I only occasionally use in CWs.

3. Is a crew training event going on?

- Crew training events stack after accel crew exp, so you actually are throwing away exp when one of those events is going on if you leave it off. I almost always have accel crew when there is an event.

In the end I usually leave it off unless I am training for 6th sense or for an important tank, but I also have gold to blow and not a ton of convertible exp.

Btw your poll answers don't match the question; never and forever need to be swapped

Arrrrgggghhhhhhhhh. Fixed. Thanks

Probably no consensus because it depends on your needs.

I have 1.5 million convertible xp, so I don't need any more. Other players don't or won't free xp so they don't need it.

NOTE if you have a x2 crew event, the accel xp is applied BEFORE the multiplier so effectively 4x crew. Highly worth it and stacking with on track x2 even more.

If you have four crew members it increases your xp rate by 25% which is not trivial.

Yeah I suspect this will boil down to multiple camps each convinced of the way they do it. I was just curious where the spectrum is. Excellent points about the math behind it. That's the main reason I always keep it on.

There are many variables to this. The ones I consider are:

1. Do I have enough gold to convert unused exp?

2. Will I use the tank enough I'm training for to give it extra skills?

- My IS-3 and Pershing are tanks I use all the time for tournaments/strongholds/team battles. Having a 4 skill vs a 3 skill crew is more important in those tanks than say a tier 10 that I only occasionally use in CWs.

3. Is a crew training event going on?

- Crew training events stack after accel crew exp, so you actually are throwing away exp when one of those events is going on if you leave it off. I almost always have accel crew when there is an event.

In the end I usually leave it off unless I am training for 6th sense or for an important tank, but I also have gold to blow and not a ton of convertible exp.

1. Yeah for myself the only real gold I have on hand is gold I have purchased o.O. Real money for xp? I just can't justify it.

2. That's a rough spot for me, I always move on once I have elited out a tank. I just haven't gotten in to Stronks/Tourneys enough to hold on to them. 

3. Good points!

Transfering crew from VK45.02B to Maus or from E 75 to E 100. Only 5 crew members and need 6. I activate Accelerate Crew Training until the 6th guy catches up with the rest :)

I myself simply do not have the time to play this game as much as many other people, hence I prefer to use that experience for free XP conversions rather than accelerated crew training. In fact, I don't think I've ever enabled that option.

As a guy who doesn't convert his exp, I always leave it on. Because I usually keep my crews, and any Au I get is going straight towards an half-priced garage slot.

I make enough free XP just grinding each tank to not play the next one stock. I also don't want to waste so much gold on converting XP. Unless there is a 3x or 5x weekend and I want a little more free XP, I keep all my crews on accelerated training. You can buy just about anything in the game, except good crews. I also have almost 70 tanks and most are elited keepers, so I would end up with way to much free XP I wouldn't use, so it would be wasted just sitting there.

On my tier 10s the box stays checked. It usually stays checked on my premiums and other tanks until I really need the exp for components on another tank I'm about to grind.... So like one of the other posters said- depends on needs

Note that the increase is 50% in a 2 man crew while its 20% for a crew of 5.

I usually only turn it on if one guy is behind in XP but i'm not really playing elite tanks anyway so far.

I keep "crew accelaration" checked mostly all the time.

Sometimes I turn it off on a premium tank for that last 10k xp I need so I don't have to drive a new tank stock.  But for the rest, it's always on, on all my tanks.

Not that I think it makes much difference on the crew itself, but I just don't wanne spend that kind of money converting the XP all the time ... :)

I have it enabled most of the time.

Only when I'm in need of additional free-xp to skip or to "unstock" a Tank i disable it on some 10s or prem tanks. Then i do the dailies on these until I have the desired amount of convertable xp, unlock the said stuff and enable it again.

As I have the collection fetish, I need skilled crews, they are not plentiful for me with 120+tanks, even at my battle count.

It depends, really. I have accelerated crew training on my E-100 but it varies on my prem tanks due to me either playing them for extra convertion exp or creds. Some of you guys shit out 30+ battles in a day but if I'm not platooning, I usually never play more than 10 because pubs annoy me, I get tired or I have something else to do.

Once I start actually getting more 10s in my garage instead of merely unlocking them (Have had 268 unlocked forever and almost an E5), I will probably go much harder on the crew training. In essence, I am still half-grinding something and with my low battle count, it pays better time-wise to convert a little bit now and then instead of playing another 50 or 100 battles.

I always accelerate crew, if I need some free xp I just play a few games for whatever amount I need, then turn it back on. If I had a lot of convertible xp lying around, I would have a hard time not constantly using it for everything.

There aren't any tanks that I am trying to progress through, so the free XP is worthless to me.  It's not worth spending the gold to convert it in that case, so it may as well go towards the crew.

99%  of time crew training on. I will turn off for a day now and then to convert xp for modules for a new tank so it doesnt run stock.

I try not to buy a tank until I have enough free XP to upgrade it.  I'm also working on crew training.

So...  I turn on crew training for any tank where the crew does not have at least 1.5 skills and I turn it on for premium tanks I'm using for crew training.  Otherwise it's off to gain more XP for upgrades.

Depends on my financial situation, or if I have a tank in mind that I don't want to play stock. If I don't have budget for gold or am not in a particular need to get free exp to unlock modules, training stays on.

I have never converted exp to free exp.

Then again I am VERY conservative using free exp. I have like 270 k or so at the moment. 

Accelerate crew training goes on as soon as I think of it (yeah I have some convertible exp where I forgot to tic that box...)

Note that the increase is 50% in a 2 man crew while its 20% for a crew of 5.

I usually only turn it on if one guy is behind in XP but i'm not really playing elite tanks anyway so far.

Well you are right. But the exp gain is still the same (for accelerated crew training). And if you have only 2 crewmembers, they need to learn much more skills than 5 men crew.

I never converted free exps, but I am considering it now for my future E-50 modules.

Wesoll you are right. But the exp gain is still the same (for accelerated crew training). And if you have only 2 crewmembers, they need to learn much more skills than 5 men crew.

I never converted free exps, but I am considering it now for my future E-50 modules.

I'm considering free xp'ing what I have left for the panther 2 so I don't have to play it. Small world