Blind fire  

115 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you blind fire?

• Almost never, I don't think it's worth it.
    • Sometimes, only on tanks with a lot of ammo.
    • Only with my FV 183.

I'll blind fire pretty frequently in my mediums - on enemies who were recently unspotted and sometimes on very common bushes (ie rail-bushes on  Live Oaks south).

If I feel confident that I'll hit the recently unspotted enemy, I'll take the shot in pretty much any tank, but only my mediums (and fast firing TDs and heavies I guess, but those are generally only found in lower tiers) for guessing enemy locations

Its always nice when you blindfire 6 times during a match and your damage counter is 3300 at the end, but you get a little surprise after battle when you realise you hit 4/6 fo your blind shots and penned, and you end up doing 4200 dmg.

Always blindfire when you can afford it. I mean, how many times have you run out of ammo in game and still had to carry? maybe .1% of your games, if even that?

Also you don`t explain what it means. Do I blindfire meaning shoot random bushes? Nope Do I shoot in a area often where I saw an enemy go dark and I know that same enemy is staying still otherwise they would have lit again? Yep

Also when I spot someone who goes dark I`d say im 50/50 on hitting them and even if its only 30% that is great. In my last 500 games I have gotten a kill every 10 games using this method and about 250 DMG per game more at T8 avg. So about 400 DMG in T10 games. With very accurate guns that I love like 140/62a or E5 I really am OP at blind fire.

Ever since I saw a illegal mod called chameleon and saw just how much this arty murdered guys who stay still I decided to use the 30x zoom and take a mental snapshot of where newbs where. I usually dont fire at Purples or Greens who are unlit as they move etc but reds and yellows I fire at often.

I always take blindshots if I don't need the shot at that moment, and if I know that I have good chance to potentially hit

actually you miss no shots because you don't fire.

100%hr no shots ever confirmed.

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Do I blindfire meaning shoot random bushes? Nope.

Not random bushes, but common passive scouting spots or uni um damage farming areas... Hell yeah. Often a ricochet or near miss is enough to make someone squirly, they move, break their camo...

Shit is so cash.

yea, im gonna toss my hat in the "Constantly firing like a epileptic at shit that may or may not be there" ring. All the time.

All.

The.

Time.

Blind fire is the #1 thing that has gotten me accused of hacking. Best memory: I keep on getting spotted while poking out, blindfire a bush where a T28 proto hasn't been lit for over 5 minutes is hiding. Killed him, 6th sense confirmed hacking.

The poll doesn't have enough choices.  IE: I blindfire quite a lot, but not in the 183.

^^ this...

Do you count "Blind fire" when a target "disapears" that I do even more...

Blind shots FTW! 

Blind fire is the #1 thing that has gotten me accused of hacking. Best memory: I keep on getting spotted while poking out, blindfire a bush where a T28 proto hasn't been lit for over 5 minutes is hiding. Killed him, 6th sense confirmed hacking.

#blind_noscope_bestscope

Always blindfire all the time. I rarely play anything with over a 10 second reload these days, which makes it even better.

Nothing beats the satisfaction of getting a kill on an unlit pubscum, or loading battle results and find an 800 extra damage from blindfires.

My most recent Leo failcarry ended me on 4.5k damage, but my blindfires netted me 1.7k extra.

As others have noted you can often tell if your still hitting a recently unlit tank as your shot 'vanishes' rather than exploding on the ground/on an obstacle. Keep firing!

If you do not see shot hit something keep firing they are still there. If in a tank with bottemless ammo like a Panther you can walk shells right through a whole bush line to flush the rats out.

I blindfire shit all the fucking time.....

I cannot tell you how many times I have ended a game with 2-3k damage on the xvm counter, but 4k actual. Blindfire is extremely effective if you are good at it. Places like the mountain pass spotting bush/rock, or firing a shot straight across himmelsdorf from your spawn into theirs, funny as hell when you get an arty.