Sign in to follow this  
Luna

Luna's KV-5 Solo Challenge

Hi Labs! After previously selling this tank due to me buying an IS-6, I recently got this restored by WG after getting bored of that derpy 122mm.

After playing a couple dozen battles in it, I realize that this is a tank that can truly do AMAZING yolo's and just rely on brute armor and dpm to carry flanks. 

I also need credits for buying the 50B soon, and dear lord does this print money.

So: Challenge thread time!

I'm going for 2600 dpg & 70% for the duration of this (minimum 100 battles, maybe more if I get really into it), and *hopefully* get 3 MoE's by the end of it.

My current stats:

qKC6MTV.jpg?1

Loadout:

pMmTOgp.jpg?1

ZgObGs6.jpg?1

All of my replays will be uploaded via Mediafire, plus screenshots of each session's stats.

If there are any games that people would like me to add a commentary on just let me know and I will include it.

If there are any questions about my playstyle of the tank I will also answer.

Let the games begin!

Set 1: (8 games)

3k215Qj.png

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/gp95qihbxm0tr/Match_Set_1

Thoughts: Good map rotation allowed me to get a ton of great games in. This tank can just bully lower tier targets to no end, allowing you to just yolo and bounce half of the shots. I think I got about 5 steel walls out of these matches.

Set 2: (5 games)

HEbOss9.png

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/p0p7puageecs1/Match_Set_2

Thoughts: got top tier only a couple times, so it was a much larger struggle.

Honestly a KV-5 comes in one of those overpriced bundles. 

It was in the gift shop over the summer and included a kv-220 and 30 days of premium for $55. I didn't think that was overpriced at all? Am I just confused but it seemed like a pretty good deal at the time.

I am not sure about the tank. I do really well in it some battles and other battles it is terribad.

How important is APCR to KV-5 stats, and how unprofitable is it? KV-5 is my main moneymaker, so as a result I've yet to fire a single premium shell out of it.

Pretty important. You're a brawler who fights things like protos, IS-6s, IS-3s, and Types fairly often. In T9 games its often a necessity. Its reasonably profitable, even firing straight APCR, although not quite as much as a straight APCR IS-6. You really don't need to fire straight APCR, especially against lower tiers or in close brawls (the KV-5 is so tall that it can often just overmatch everyone's roof or the height takes away so much angle that the low pen works fine), but there's no reason not to run it. Refusing to win games because it costs you credit is really lame.

Pretty important. You're a brawler who fights things like protos, IS-6s, IS-3s, and Types fairly often. In T9 games its often a necessity. Its reasonably profitable, even firing straight APCR, although not quite as much as a straight APCR IS-6. You really don't need to fire straight APCR, especially against lower tiers or in close brawls (the KV-5 is so tall that it can often just overmatch everyone's roof or the height takes away so much angle that the low pen works fine), but there's no reason not to run it. Refusing to win games because it costs you credit is really lame.

Yeah, there are several situations where APCR would have been effective have I bothered to load it.  Mostly IS-6's, where at this point if I see one I try to go somewhere else if I can, because barring ramming them/getting lucky with a cupola shot/them being stupid enough to give me their rear, it's almost literally impossible for a KV-5 to damage an IS-6 with AP.  IS-3's, they're low enough that the turret overmatch is effective and easy.  Protos are a pain in the rear, but they have paper sides unlike an IS-6 so if they angle too much they're toast.

So what I'm hearing is if I go 40/20 AP/APCR instead of full AP I could still make a decent profit?

Awesome.  Looks like it's time to inflict my wrath upon those IS-6's that would presume themselves superior to me.  Or, as I like to say in pubs,

"Pardon me, 100 tons of russian bias coming through."

How important is APCR to KV-5 stats, and how unprofitable is it? KV-5 is my main moneymaker, so as a result I've yet to fire a single premium shell out of it.

Updated OP with my first day's stats. The 160k game had a mission added for it, so subtract 60k from the total profit. That is with premium account and usage of APCR as needed, which really isn't that often. Pubbies are actually quite terrible at abusing armor.

If everyone is spamming gold out of premium tanks then how do you get the credits to buy your normal tanks? I have 2 tier 10s unlocked and 3 tier 9s unlocked but no credits to buy them. If I spam gold out of my premiums maybe my wr and wn8 go up but how do I avoid playing hundreds and hundreds of premium tier 8 tanks when I really want to be playing my 9s and someday my 10s?

Am I just trying to have too much? Playing tier 8s to win but to also make a lot of credits so I can buy the tanks I worked hard on grinding out?

If everyone is spamming gold out of premium tanks then how do you get the credits to buy your normal tanks? I have 2 tier 10s unlocked and 3 tier 9s unlocked but no credits to buy them. If I spam gold out of my premiums maybe my wr and wn8 go up but how do I avoid playing hundreds and hundreds of premium tier 8 tanks when I really want to be playing my 9s and someday my 10s?

Am I just trying to have too much? Playing tier 8s to win but to also make a lot of credits so I can buy the tanks I worked hard on grinding out?

In the premium tanks where people spam premium ammo, they usually are only making "normal" credits or a bit better (rather than premium tank level credits).  However, they still make credits and can always choose to spam less premium if they want to increase their credit balance more quickly.