MrChameleon

E-50 Ultimate Easy Mode?

So I have played 160 battles in this tank, and to say the least, I am completely baffled. This tank has mobility, speed and an incredible gun. I can consistently get 3500, 4500 and 5000 wn8 games, with just 3k-4k damage and a few kills. Am I just really good at this tank or is it just OP? On the other tier 9's I have played, getting this amount of damage and number of kills is kind of a requirement, whereas on the E-50 I get rewarded for doing it. I don't think that players are bad at this tank because I see great players playing these all the time, but somehow I keep getting amazing results in it. Also I have been unable to get a Mastery Badge with this tank. What are some of your guys experiences with this tank?

Also, side note, if anyone is interested in getting this tank and the E-50M, it is a really fun tank to play. 

E50 is life, E50 is perfection. The E-series just rock anyway :P

I can't believe people don't talk about them more. Is E-50M the same way?

E-50 is really overpowered, yes. Not really under the impression the E-50M is, the firepower is almost identical and the armor is worse for-tier. The (much improved) agility and better acceleration don't really justify being T10.

Just got the E-50 myself and have been laughing my ass off how overpowered this boxtank is. Gun handling? Sure! Alpha? Yep! DPM? Mhm! Mobility? Here's enough. Armour? You bet! It shits on all the 400 alpha heavies, E-50 is what the M103 and Conq wishes they were.

I can't believe people don't talk about them more. Is E-50M the same way?

Not really, you can't bully tier 8 the same way E50 eats tier 7s allive, and honnestly didn't really feel a big difference when engaging tier 10 targets.

I've only had a few games in mine so far, apart from a few 'monster' games they have been pretty meh, I blame myself and not the tank, I need to figure out its play style more, it seems not the same style as your typical Russian hover tank medium.

I've only had a few games in mine so far, apart from a few 'monster' games they have been pretty meh, I blame myself and not the tank, I need to figure out its play style more, it seems not the same style as your typical Russian hover tank medium.

Yeah, its tier for tier, way, way better as any russian hover medium :XD (this thing outclasses other tier 9 tanks by a much wider margin are any russian medium outclasses same tier tanks)

Its together with E75 and T54 hands down the best tier 9, St-1 and VK-P might be cool and nice and so, but E50/75 are simply better (and so is T54)

But I don't wanna play the Panther II!!!!!

I'm so sick of 240dam Tier 8 snipers.

E50 drivers, how much gold do you sling on average? 220 AP pen seems fairly decent for a medium at that tier, but I'm kinda-sorta-really getitng used to the L7's AP pen on the Leo PTA.

E50 drivers, how much gold do you sling on average? 220 AP pen seems fairly decent for a medium at that tier, but I'm kinda-sorta-really getitng used to the L7's AP pen on the Leo PTA.

I have never found any need to shoot gold in my E-50. It's gun is accurate enough to hit weak spots and the pen is decent.

I think aroud 5 per match. Often use them for the enhanced shell velocity when sniping.

e50 beastly tank i love and still got me,that thing just shits on everything

e50m im still undecided,i like the tank but so far i find it it loses to the t10 russia hovercrafts.  i blame the driver more then the tank tho :P

I have never found any need to shoot gold in my E-50. It's gun is accurate enough to hit weak spots and the pen is decent.

I had other experiences with that gun... when frontally engaging E-75s i needed some APCR to avoid bounces.

Either way, my experience with the E-50 was not a happy one. Yes it shits WN8 like no tommorow but i just. could. not. stand. that. turret. armor. Traverse also killed the experience for me, something the E-50M fixed (but still with that shiiiiiiiiiit turret armor)

I do believe i grinded up the wrong line... i was looking for hulldown tanks and instead got one with one of the weakest turrets.

E-50 hull traverse is very serviceable, but the turret is very slow if you're used to russian meds. It means reacting to a sudden appearance elsewhere is a pain in the ass, and also means you cant just flip your turret between targets on opposite sides of you. If you find this crippling, though, you definitely need to work on how many targets you put in sight at once. Having more than one is probably a mistake. Keeping aware of your surroundings can keep being flanked from another direction less of an issue. Definitely not a yolo friendly tank, OP or not.

If anyone wants to know how to play the E-50 and how powerful it is when played right, this is a really good replay to watch.

545d2f1b9c81a50784010000.jpg

7.5k dmg, 8 kills. I made the mistake of getting Ziddy killed at the end, having not noticed the IS-8 behind us (I needed to yolo into the T-34-3, or at least get out of his way so he could run.), but otherwise both Ziddy and I played this game really well. Knowing how to keep your opponents where you want them and how to dictate the flow of battle is really key. In all meds, really, but especially the E-50 which doesn't have turbocharged speed.

JXirG9n.png

Someone's upset I took their win away!

E-50 is really overpowered, yes. Not really under the impression the E-50M is, the firepower is almost identical and the armor is worse for-tier. The (much improved) agility and better acceleration don't really justify being T10.

Just got the E-50 myself and have been laughing my ass off how overpowered this boxtank is. Gun handling? Sure! Alpha? Yep! DPM? Mhm! Mobility? Here's enough. Armour? You bet! It shits on all the 400 alpha heavies, E-50 is what the M103 and Conq wishes they were.

My Conq wishes he had a turret with as much armor as the E-50's.

Yay. 105mm outclasses it really hard. L/100 just has three more pen in trade for worse gun handling, worse DPM, much worse alpha. You'd think the thing would be more accurate, but nope, 105 is just as accurate. Kinda complete trash and only around so wehraboos can play around with it.

Kinda complete trash and only around so wehraboos can play around with it.

BRB, outfitting Tiger with short 88 to complete my Nazi fantasy. Dropping gold on name change to ErwinRommel_DesertFox_420Swag