StephenHawking

WoW: Warlords of Draenor Hype Station (with gifs!)

WorldofWarCraft.gif

Listen, children, and you will hear!

The sound of Outland whisper in your ear.

From days of old when stories were untold

comes a new expansion with content so bold!

Since PandaLand's time of glory has passed

a new region will come to kick your ass.

So now all your gear, which you worked so hard to acquire,

is fucked, and useless, and should be burned on a pyre.

Because Garrosh is a douche and makes a portal or something,

and goes back in time to put Kil'jaeden's plan in full swing!

Who the fuck knows, Blizzard doesn't tell you jack shit,

they're too busy scrambling, trying to make people not quit.

They're losing too many subs, and they're pretty mad about it,

so they try to be mysterious, and only release a cinematic.

tumblr_n25puybuyG1r50c6ro1_500.gif

Garrosh is an asshole, so he goes back in time to yell at his dad Grom to be moar evil, yes?

Unfortunately, I'm busy with IRL things lately, so I won't be able to play it often when it does come out. My school picked a terrible time to put opening night for the Drama Department's play: The Crucible. Oh well.

Anybody else out there planning on dedicating way too much time to this new expansion? Any other sooper dooper hardcore quikskoperz fanz of teh World of Warcreft?

tumblr_n5qj4eVcn01r4u45ho1_500.gif

Top Kek?

tauren_male250x.gif

At least now I won't have to keep dealing with LFR dummies in my SoO runs. I'll have new raids to deal with them in!(Hopefully)

Let's be honest though, the only real thing that matters in the new expansion is the fishing cap raise.

Basic plot for WoD:

Remember Kairoz (the bronze dragon) from Timeless Isle? And how he gets you to gather Epoch Stones to use the Vision of Time? Basically, he gets corrupted (presumably by the Infinite Dragonflight) and frees Garrosh so they can travel back in time to stop Gul'dan and prevent Grom along with the rest of the orcs from drinking Mannoroth's blood. Garrosh also takes Blackfuse's designs with him, creating a new 'Iron Horde' which relies on the orcs' own strength and technology rather than becoming enslaved to Kil'jaeden. After building up their forces, they attack Azeroth through the Dark Portal which is where we're at now.

I'm pretty excited for WoD although the class rebalancing has left a sour taste in my mouth. My SV hunter got nerfed to shit this patch so I'm stuck playing MM until we see how dps charts look at lvl 100 after Draenor perks are factored in. World PvP is going to be pretty huge this expac and dungeons/raids are looking pretty damn awesome for PvE. Still waiting for my Belf remodel though... #masterrace

The return of Gruul as a fight! Can't wait to see the amount of people blow up in LFR all stacking on top of one another during petrify/shatter.

I'm pretty excited for WoD although the class rebalancing has left a sour taste in my mouth. My SV hunter got nerfed to shit this patch so I'm stuck playing MM until we see how dps charts look at lvl 100 after Draenor perks are factored in. World PvP is going to be pretty huge this expac and dungeons/raids are looking pretty damn awesome for PvE. Still waiting for my Belf remodel though... #masterrace

I agree I'm not sure how I feel about the hunter ability pruning. I don't mind having to play MM but it really feels like I'd be a huge burden to a group if I went SV due to no multistrike. From what I've seen of sims MM will still be top on patchwerk style fights but I doubt it'll be possible to keep a good uptime on the new mastery with the upcoming raids.

Basic plot for WoD:

Remember Kairoz (the bronze dragon) from Timeless Isle? And how he gets you to gather Epoch Stones to use the Vision of Time? Basically, he gets corrupted (presumably by the Infinite Dragonflight) and frees Garrosh so they can travel back in time to stop Gul'dan and prevent Grom along with the rest of the orcs from drinking Mannoroth's blood. Garrosh also takes Blackfuse's designs with him, creating a new 'Iron Horde' which relies on the orcs' own strength and technology rather than becoming enslaved to Kil'jaeden. After building up their forces, they attack Azeroth through the Dark Portal which is where we're at now.

My resto druid is still crying from its beating from the nerf bat.

Never got much into PvP, always been more of a PvEer myself, so now I can kill all sorts of funnily-dressed orcs, eh?

And maybe we'll find out what in the hell happened to Alleria and Turalyon

i quit when they got rid of sl/sl lock and stunherald warr/lifebloom druid/slsl lock was OP in 3s

guess when this was

Don't have to guess. I remember. 

I still remember my rank 13 vanilla PvP grind. And people complain about grinds in WoT...

i quit when they got rid of sl/sl lock and stunherald warr/lifebloom druid/slsl lock was OP in 3s

guess when this was

Sounds like around Arena Season 2 or 3. Which would have been...2009? ish?

Damn, people still play this?

I trialled it a few months back and was immediately told to kill 10 magic snakes. Immediatley uninstalled.

Damn, people still play this?

I trialled it a few months back and was immediately told to kill 10 magic snakes. Immediatley uninstalled.

The game is kinda shit prior to level 15 when you unlock dungeons and/or class specializations.

The game is kinda shit prior to level 15 when you unlock dungeons and/or class specializations.

I thought so. Considering the age of the game and dwindling playerbase you'd have thought they would try and reduce the sheer balls of the start. That's where you lose people. It lost me.

Back to AoC I go.

I've never skipped an expansion since BC. Every world first heroic race ever - been there done that. Can't remember a single release raid that didn't end up getting beaten to a pulp with my bloodcrazed assistance. They even give us Mythic raiding (which I expect to be "just" heroic renamed cuz baddies didn't like LFR and Flex noob trampstamps signs on their gear.

This will be a first and I don't like it. I wanna play a game for 4 weeks straight, 16 hours a day again. Growing up sucks. Thank god there is DA3, Darkest Dugeon, Blood Bowl 2, Mordheim and Witcher 3 to keep me busy.

maybe I'll cave in since I should manage to get a week of vacation int wo weeks, shit I need a guild, panic, zomfg which char should I play I have sooo many damnit

I had that 2 years ingame time? thought it was more... erm less (I don't have a problem... I don't have a problem...I don't have a problem)

free lvl 90 boost oh my gosh I can finally have a Shaman? FML they got me again....

Who needs abstinence, when he can have addiction. Time to go and check out some vids 

pandas and pet battles clearly let me know that I was no longer the target audience of this mmo. 

world top 10s in vanilla raids BWL and beyond

rank 12 vanilla PvP

bunch of other WotLK and Cata, mostly PvP related

Can't really see how they're of much interest to me now, I've found better on-demand pvp and mmo play

>Get home at 9:00

>Log into WoW on my dead server

>Server is full: you are 1355 in que

>fml

Seriously, some of the servers were even crashing because of the massive influx of players wanting to kick ass alongside Thrall.

RAnk 12 PVP, cleared everything but Naxx in classic.  Broke 2k in season 1 arena,  but was nerfed into obsolescence.  Cleared everything BC except KJ, when I sold my account for (!) $700.  Triple spec raiding as a Paladin before dual specs existed...

Beta for Wrath made me leave, as Paladin became too easy.  Guild begged me to return (and financed it!) so did some late Wrath raiding.  Heroic LK 10 man, but not 25.  Never finished building my SM.  Played Cata beta, and was inspired to quit once again.  This time, I was not enticed to return.  Pandas did nothing to spark my interest.  Nor has the expansion of many orc.  

The launch was really bad, but this is why Blizz is the best in the business. Everybody (looking at you WG) could take lessons from Blizzard on how to interact with your customers.

Garrisons are pretty fun, though I don't think Blizz understands what the second M stands for in MMO. This iteration of WoW has made it a lot more casual friendly, which will be good for the bottom line, though not for the fans of the original game.

Currently sitting at 100 twiddling my thumbs while the rest of my friends get to 100. Got the Corehound mount and the headpiece from Molten Core redo. Doing the daily mount quests. Grinding my teeth at the changes to profession levelling while at the same time appreciating the fact it takes time/patience to make good gear now crafting wise.

Also, fuck Blizz for removing the ability to cast lightning bolt on the move from Ele shamans.

Oh god oh god oh god it's got me, IT'S GOT ME AND IT BURNS!

I am so close to subscribing. I'm having so much fun with my Undead Warlock. Fun, questy MMOness I've always been weak for, great visuals (relative - the undead woods are a lovely area) and Sylvanas is a fitty.

I think my main problem was I rolled a Blood Elf. Blood. I was expecting Dark Elf style Arks. Not the happy-clappy funbeams and rainbows of the BE starting area. Immediately getting to talk to people who can't deal with the fact they've now a zombie. Not exactly a child-friendly theme.