canadiantrex

T25/2 thread of no armor and comfort handling.

This tank looks like shit on paper. No armor, slightly subpar mobility. Slow turret traverse. No VStab option. Low hitpoints.

But damn if this thing isn't amazingly comfortable. The aim time is SUPERB. The stock gun is the T20 gun. With better reload and faster aimtime.

100% win rate in it so far with just the stock gun.

Is the top gun more of the same or does it get shitty soft stats?

After shot dispersion value of the top gun is slightly better (3.2 vs 3.5) - dispersion from rotation/movement is the same since it doesn't depend on the gun.  Other stats look mostly the same except you get +10-15 penetration.

The T52/2 really is a decent tank.  The only reason pubbies complain about it is because it comes after the retarded Hellcat.  But for all its flaws it had a great gun, excellent gun depression, and enough mobility to get things done.

And yes, it is very nearly the best Tier 7 medium...

I enjoyed the 25/2 quite a bit. The only reason it gets hate is because of what the Hellcat was. I do wish that the turreted US TD line had continued the mobile model that the t5-7 tds had followed.

It is flat out superior to the Hellcat. It is probably my favorite tier 7. It has decent mobility, great gun handling - so much so that I shot more gold in the hellcat than the 25/2 - it's not an amazing hard carry tank, but it's super consistent.

It'd be interesting to make yet another American TD line, but more out of the characteristics of the T67/Hellcat, mobile machines with slow moving turrets and while keeping some turret armor, forgo hull armor. 

Turret traverse ruins too much of the comfort for me.  It's pretty good, but when I'm playing it I feel like I might as well be in something that can move a little faster and have more hp while sacrificing a little punch.

It's perfect! If it was more mobile it would be OP.

... while sacrificing a little punch.

Not me m8. When playing tier 7s in a tier 9 match I need all the punch I can get. This thing has a gun worthy of a tier 8 medium and I loved it to bits.

It is flat out superior to the Hellcat. It is probably my favorite tier 7. It has decent mobility, great gun handling - so much so that I shot more gold in the hellcat than the 25/2 - it's not an amazing hard carry tank, but it's super consistent.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Those sexy fire controls are just fantastic. Consistent is exactly how I would describe it. 

I canned this vehicle for a while because playing this made the Comet unbearable. Now that I suffered through the Comet I will retake the grind of this vehicle.

I bought it expecting to hate it, because of the bad rep it gets, but I actually like it.

Haven't played it yet, but on paper it looked so subpar to the T25 AT that I was just uninterested. Good to know that its a decent vehicle. 

Still on the Hellcat, my son has the 25/2 and does not like so that biased my opinion. Might not be so bad afterall to unlock and continue grinding line.

I canned this vehicle for a while because playing this made the Comet unbearable. Now that I suffered through the Comet I will retake the grind of this vehicle.

I bought it expecting to hate it, because of the bad rep it gets, but I actually like it.

Comet is an amazing med, i luv it.

It's also faster, has more camo, and the armor can actually bounce things like short 88s and 57s. The mantlet is a black hole too - the T25/2's is kinda trolly around the edges but is otherwise very thin, while almost the entirety of the T25 AT's mantlet is invulnerable to anything but T9 TD guns. The 105 is a really big upgrade though, 240 -> 320 damage, 170 -> 198 pen, 1950 -> 2200 DPM. Final acc isn't quite as reliable as the T25, and the APCR isnt quite as massive, but I'd still say the T25 AT is better.

It comes down to player preference, but for most players the T25 AT's superior firepower, armor, and mobility is just going to win out.

My experience was that it was unarmored, blind, the gun handling was trash, and the mobility was no better than the T25/2. I could actually make use of the T25/2's armor.

My experience was that it was unarmored, blind, the gun handling was trash, and the mobility was no better than the T25/2. I could actually make use of the T25/2's armor.

The T25 AT also has really good gun depression, It can ridge fight rather effectively. And at the kind of angles the frontal armor is at when doing this it bounces fairly easily. Though I can see the argument for the 25/2. Turrets are nice when you're getting out flanked, not question there. 

The T25 AT also has really good gun depression, It can ridge fight rather effectively. And at the kind of angles the frontal armor is at when doing this it bounces fairly easily. Though I can see the argument for the 25/2. Turrets are nice when you're getting out flanked, not question there. 

My thing with the AT is that you basically have to expose your entire hull to hit something, the 25/2 gets away with just showing a turret.

The gun handling is pretty good, about average for a T7 TD but then it also has a 1.7 aimtime like the 25/2 has so it's comfortable. It's blind, but with the proper setup it's not really crippling, especially given the maps these days. The mobility is definitely not the same as the T25/2, it's identical everywhere except HP/ton, where the AT has 18 instead of the 25/2's 16. The only time the 25/2s armor is really comparable is when its hulldown - and even then it's still not all that great, since the turret itself is horribly thin (everything overmatches it) and half the mantlet is only ~110.

Going by server stats, the T25 AT does beat the T25/2 by quite a lot. I think thats pretty telling, as is how much I enjoyed the thing. I agree that the 25/2 isn't bad, however. That 90 is just really nice. It's just hard to find a reason to play it over the T20.

edit: actually both TDs have the same exact gun handling, not sure how you could call one extremely comfortable and the other trash >_<

I never played the T-25/2 until I needed to grind out the experience for the last Ontrack mission.

My overall feeling about the tank is that it's adequate in nearly every way. It's fairly mobile, has good gun handling, a bouncy gun mantlet, and good enough view range. I'd agree with everybody who compares it to the Pershing. I ended up playing it much more like a medium than a TD. However, you have to be really careful not to get yourself overextended when playing that role. It just doesn't have the mobility to get itself out of a sticky situation, and really doesn't have the firepower/health pool/armor to deal with facing down multiple enemies at once.

I really have to say I enjoyed playing the tank, but I'd rather play something else. My personal opinion is that the T-25AT is better, and I would much rather play a T-20 then play either of the T-25s. At the end of the day, I think that everybody should try driving the T-25/2. It's a flexible tank that can do okay in many different roles. However having said that, it's definitely not the end-all be-all of Tier 7.