Meirzin

M46 Patton Fan Club

since it was buffed in 9.13 and most replies are before that, i think... what's the optimal research path now? gun -> turret -> engine -> tracks or something else?

12 minutes ago, kestenovski said:

since it was buffed in 9.13 and most replies are before that, i think... what's the optimal research path now? gun -> turret -> engine -> tracks or something else?

Free XP.

i only have 43k free xp. i don't play tournaments and i'm not willing to buy gold en masse to convert so i have to slowly accumulate free xp :(

i do have those personal reserve boosters so i can get xp a bit faster

14 hours ago, kestenovski said:

I think that is the way I went with it, but looks solid.

On 3/5/2016 at 0:08 AM, onlytoughonline said:

3k might be hard for me cuz bad, but I just got the top turret on it today and WOW what a difference. Aside from armor, I can't really find much wrong with this thing.

Yep, still love it.  Just went over the 100 game mark in it. Stats are as follows: 53% WR, 2204 DPG, 2684 WN8.  This thing just sits well with my noobish playstyle I guess.

bit of an update on my time with this tank, i had to play 60-ish games with the bad gun, people laughed at me when i shot them for 230 damage in tier 9 and 10. but now i have all unlocked modules and it's a breeze to play. 

currently sitting at 98 games, 56% win rate, 1650 damage per game (skewed by majority of games with bad gun) and just turned to blue stats in it with 1620 wn8. pretty happy with it so far as i'm on the way to my desired stats at 5k battles (blue-ish wn8 (1600) and 55% wins!)

Yeah, the 105mm makes a night and day difference, especially since the M46 doesn't get a decent 250ish alpha gun to grind with like the Type 61 and Cent 7/1 do. I first got the M46 in 2014 before WG buffed it repeatedly, but even then, I went from thinking "wtf is this shit god this is painful" when using the 90mm to "wow this is actually really fun" upon researching the T5E1M2. I think my winrate jumped up from 45% to 53% in just one or two hundred games.

The Patton wasn't a tank I was expecting to enjoy-I thought I'd like the Pershing more-but tier 9 meds are just so much stronger in general than tier 8s and 390 alpha combined with a quick reload is far more enjoyable to work with. It also ended up spoiling me on soft stats and shooting on the move, so now I can't look at high dispersion multipliers on a med without thinking bleh, or wanting to shout at the screen when I see someone playing a tank with incredibly low bloom who stops to aim at a target 50 meters away.

How is Patton compared to E50?

Guess I need a good amount of gold shells to make the shells count..

just like the E50.

My premium just ran out so I'm forced to be really cheap and fire as little gold as possible, and I barely notice a difference in the Patton. To the contrary, I feel that I'm playing better because I'm forced to think and not be lazy and just press 2 twice. (Also helps that I just came back from a break).

For me the difference is that you'll pen a couple more shots with full goldspam that you wouldn't have if you were firing AP. That kind of shit matters when you're chasing marks, but not in regular pubstomping.

Git gud skreb Kappa

Just aced mine in less than 50 battles with a 7150 damage game on Steppes, I fell in love with this tank, definitely a keeper..

I just wish the gun wasn't that derpy, maybe it's because I don't have bia or gunnery skills (I recycled the crew from a tier 6 medium and I only have sixth sense at 100%)

My current loadout:

5 HE for waffles and then 50% split between AP and APCR (#GoldNoob) for those tier 10 games with E5s and stronk russian hovermeds)

Equipment: rammer, vstab, vents

almost 2k dpg, with some really good 4k games compensated by terribad 800 dmg games where i get early #Rekt by tvps or arty (it seems that british arties particularly love me and my HP pool)..

I actually think i'm doing something wrong, i play it as a CDC on steroid, but sometimes the gun really lets me down or i get yoloed like a true unicum (even though you can see how bot i am under this reply)

any tips on how to maximize its strenght and raise my dpg?

Spoiler

0qWfmVo.jpg

AVlfqEH.jpg

IqCgPxK.jpg

My ace tanker screenshots

Edited by WhatTheSkara
Added ace screenshots

On 29.3.2016 at 1:50 PM, SIRJ4MES said:

How is Patton compared to E50?

Guess I need a good amount of gold shells to make the shells count..

just like the E50.

It has far worse armor than the E50 but it is far more agile and mobile. The gun is even better on the move and reloads much faster but its accuracy is horribad. Penetration is sufficient for many cases but sometimes it doesn't cut it, I run 25/25/4 and shoot mostly AP but obviously APCR is better if you are willing to lose credits.

On 3/31/2016 at 4:19 AM, WhatTheSkara said:

any tips on how to maximize its strenght and raise my dpg?

Minimize exposure, peek from different angles and penetrate a lot. That's in the nutshell.

Patton gets tedious after a while, not gonna lie. The shit accuracy, the lack of any armor, ugh. Don't get me wrong, it's comfy as fuck, but the fact that you have to be afraid of light tanks and you can barely bully anything is a pretty big turnoff for me. Also, turret design is stupid in terms of this game in that you have a huge forehead and huge cheeks that get penned by just about anything, and they're often exposed far earlier than the gun when peeking. The low pen is just a minor nuisance. 

At least with the E50 you can bully something.

Probably gonna sell this (maybe, not sure) and buy another tier 9 medium during the Anniversary sales.

4 hours ago, cpraf104 said:

Patton gets tedious after a while, not gonna lie. The shit accuracy, the lack of any armor, ugh. Don't get me wrong, it's comfy as fuck, but the fact that you have to be afraid of light tanks and you can barely bully anything is a pretty big turnoff for me. Also, turret design is stupid in terms of this game in that you have a huge forehead and huge cheeks that get penned by just about anything, and they're often exposed far earlier than the gun when peeking. The low pen is just a minor nuisance. 

At least with the E50 you can bully something.

Probably gonna sell this (maybe, not sure) and buy another tier 9 medium during the Anniversary sales.

I , too, hate that I have to run away from most tanks because the armor is so shit. The enemy knows it too 'cause I got focused by a 53/55 and two-shotted me. Fucking sucks.

also

S A T I S F A C T O R Y

Spoiler

kmlOJmE.jpg

I wasn't that used to playing tanks with a lot of armor anyway (most meds have shit armor really) so I didn't mind it much.

The turret's frontal profile is also actually pretty small, even if it is soft.

7 hours ago, M4A3E8sherman said:

I wasn't that used to playing tanks with a lot of armor anyway (most meds have shit armor really) so I didn't mind it much.

The turret's frontal profile is also actually pretty small, even if it is soft.

Amen to that.

Also had a mini carry today. E-75 called me camper 'cause I moved to the southwest corner to spot/snipe tanks charging cap. Hue.

Spoiler

hLSCOwc.jpg91IFqYN.jpg

I bought this tank a while back when it was on track... after a few battles I used free xp on the gun... still didn't like it... today I spent a bit of xp on the turret... suddenly it feels transformed.... still rolling on mid engine and stock tracks (upgraded suspension equipment)

so 18 battles in I managed my first ace game... I was honestly shocked at how "easy" it felt... 4500 dmg, 900 assist and 6 kills in a tier9 battle... had a few other good games in it also... not sure if it really was the turret or I was just in the mood for it to "click" with me... really looking forward to playing more of this tank and getting it finished upgraded... lots of power in that last engine and i'm sure some nice soft stat bonus in the tracks...

49 minutes ago, LostCosmonaut said:

How viable is this to grind stock (with all modules from M26)? I'm trying to save my free xp for other uses, and was wondering whether this would be at all playable.

I just free exped turret and tracks, but I think I had some free exp laying around for a part of engine unlock too. TBH I feel like turret upgrades so much stats that it should be top priority. But then again, most of people consider 105mm to be must have on Patton ASAP.

On 4/23/2016 at 5:54 PM, LostCosmonaut said:

How viable is this to grind stock (with all modules from M26)? I'm trying to save my free xp for other uses, and was wondering whether this would be at all playable.

I'm sure it's doable but running a 90mm when everyone else is shooting you with a 105 sucks... plus you'll need to be slinging lots of APCR with that 90mm... 68k xp is a long time  to tough it out... I haven't compared the soft stats of the turret upgraded but you'll see above I felt a huge change when going from the stock to upgraded turret.

for tracks just use upgraded suspension module... once you can reliably deal dmg you can earn xp easily enough.

I'm enjoying the tank still but also working though the type 61 and the amx 30.. I worked though the cent 7/1 not long back.... it's prob the easiest of them to play, I do really enjoy the gun pen on the type 61... i go back and forth between the two deciding which I enjoy more... 

I used free XP for the gun before the very first match.  It's the key module.

9 hours ago, FlorbFnarb said:

I used free XP for the gun before the very first match.  It's the key module.

I didn't. That was a mistake on my part. 22 games in I decided that enough was enough and caved in.

I want this tank.  Especially after looking at X3N4s last replays/twitch. See thread.  

But have to use a lot of gold to free xp it. Never researched /grinded it fully with Pershing before I sold it. Smartass.  And have to free xp the 105 mm gun at least. 

I am not doing stock grind here.

Is it worth it?  I got both T-54 and E50.

As the thread suggest alot appreciate the tank, so I don't think many will be against getting it.

If I were you, I would rebuy the Pershing and finish that grind to save free xp. The Pershing is a very nice tank!