Meirzin

M46 Patton Fan Club

Hey all! I've just recently got the M46 and I don't have the engine or tracks unlocked yet (used suspension equipment) but I just can't seem to make it work. I've had a little success trying to use the view range to my advantage but without speed or armor it's hard to get used to. The T20 had speed, the Pershing had usable armor, but what does this really have going for it that a shitter like me can leverage? Before this I've gone up the german line to the E50M and the russian line to the T-54, both tanks have more armor and more speed so I guess it'll just take some getting used to. But any advice would be welcome! Thanks!

1 hour ago, billythecrazyhorse said:

Hey all! I've just recently got the M46 and I don't have the engine or tracks unlocked yet (used suspension equipment) but I just can't seem to make it work. I've had a little success trying to use the view range to my advantage but without speed or armor it's hard to get used to. The T20 had speed, the Pershing had usable armor, but what does this really have going for it that a shitter like me can leverage? Before this I've gone up the german line to the E50M and the russian line to the T-54, both tanks have more armor and more speed so I guess it'll just take some getting used to. But any advice would be welcome! Thanks!

I believe you have answered the question yourself. 
Leave the M46 in the garage and grind out free xp with your other tanks.
Driving stock on tiers 9 and X is not only a bad idea, you have become a burden for your team and essentially removed
a slot on your side. Your teammates expects Patton play from you, a highly flexible med, and not some mobile TD
camping in the back.

16 hours ago, ProxyCentauri said:

I believe you have answered the question yourself. 
Leave the M46 in the garage and grind out free xp with your other tanks.
Driving stock on tiers 9 and X is not only a bad idea, you have become a burden for your team and essentially removed
a slot on your side. Your teammates expects Patton play from you, a highly flexible med, and not some mobile TD
camping in the back.

Okay, thanks! Will it get that much better with the top engine?

I like to use vents on the M46.

Top engine makes it feel more agile and comfortable to drive. You also want the top turret for the decrease in reload time and turret bloom, once you do that you can abuse snapshots and DPM against other tanks.

8 hours ago, billythecrazyhorse said:

Okay, thanks! Will it get that much better with the top engine?

'Better' is somewhat unprecise, I'd prefer 'more flexible'.

I take it you have read the wiki recommendations for it. If not, do that. The Patton is a very big med tank,
so part of its protection is its dexterity and agility, the ability to relocate fast and use positions
than most other tanks cannot use due to the great gun depression
I'd say the mobility makes this tank, more so than a tank like E50 where the gun is the tank.
So if due to economy you have to drive it stock,  I would max up speed first, then tracks,
then the top turret so that you got the VR, and then the top gun.

In several med lines I have made the mistake of rushing to tier X too soon. Make sure
you stay a little in the T20 or Pershing, which will drive very similar to the Patton
 and also build up some crew skill. Patton may not be the most skill-dependant crew among
the meds but 2X 100% will come in handy, like max repair for solo driving in randoms etc

49 battles / 78% / 3700 average damage. God this tank is insane. Gun is jizz. Not very fast but pretty nimble. DPM is just stupid, IMO the accuracy and lack of armour doesn't balance it out at all. Not that I'm complaining, it isn't a snajper anyway.

I used free EXP, but if I was to grind it I'd say (this is how I free EXPed it anyway):

Tracks (can't mount a rammer without it) > Turret (apparently makes a huge difference in overall handling) > Gun (up to you if you want to get turret first. The 90mm isn't bad but is pretty laughable when you're bottom tier) > 3rd engine (2nd is fine, just don't make my mistake and play first 18 games without realizing you had the freaking stock one...).

I'd go gun before turret. 1900 DPM and 240 alpha is just miserable even when you're top tier. I recall that I had a terrible time playing the tank with the T15E2M2 and everything else fully upgraded back in 2014 when I was grinding the 105mm.

22 hours ago, M4A3E8sherman said:

I'd go gun before turret. 1900 DPM and 240 alpha is just miserable even when you're top tier. I recall that I had a terrible time playing the tank with the T15E2M2 and everything else fully upgraded back in 2014 when I was grinding the 105mm.

Yes, gun is top priority.

Love this tank. Bought it recently. Just got it fully upgraded.

Had free xp for gun and tracks. Now its fully upgraded.

Even a noob like me can make it work. Need some APCR of course.

Just had this session

shot_008.jpg

I think I FINALLY clicked with this tank. Not that I've been running badly for the last 1k games, but i finally know how to play it properly!

1.) Go to a ridge
2.) Play like an absolute bitch and take no hits
3.)YOLO when the match is almost over since you conserved your HP
4.)???
5.) Profit

I sold it to get the m48..

I kept the shitty (not even first skill except sixth sense) crew and I wanted it back..

I bought it back today..

10 ap, 5 HE and 39 APCR, standard consumables (small rep, small med, AFE)

played 10 games, 3k dpg

FeelsGoodAgain.jpg

Seriously, this thing is the BEST NATO medium in this game (tier for tier)..

I wonder how it will be when I get 3 skills (including BiA)..

31 minutes ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Seriously, this thing is the BEST NATO medium in this game (tier for tier)

And WG said if they make Italian tech tree, M47 might be tier 10(well that or autoloading Leo1). I kinda want tier 10 M47.

6 minutes ago, no_name_cro said:

And WG said if they make Italian tech tree, M47 might be tier 10(well that or autoloading Leo1). I kinda want tier 10 M47.

Italian tech tree? Lol, I heard rumours about that, and looking at my country tank development in ww2 I honestly thought it wouldn't make it over tier 5 (since we used a lot of American tanks like the chaffee and the Pershing for a long time)..

Let's see an autoloading Leo 1 ripping apart tvps then :serb:

Edit: stug 3g looks like a really good Italian TD, I wonder where did ze germans get the design from :doge:

13 minutes ago, WhatTheSkara said:

Italian tech tree? Lol, I heard rumours about that, and looking at my country tank development in ww2 I honestly thought it wouldn't make it over tier 5 (since we used a lot of American tanks like the chaffee and the Pershing for a long time)..

Let's see an autoloading Leo 1 ripping apart tvps then :serb:

Edit: stug 3g looks like a really good Italian TD, I wonder where did ze germans get the design from :doge:

Rumors are all there is, but it'd be amazing to see M47 as tier 10, seeing how we all love comforts of tier 9 one. :)

5 hours ago, no_name_cro said:

Rumors are all there is, but it'd be amazing to see M47 as tier 10, seeing how we all love comforts of tier 9 one. :)

If it's an M47, It would probably look like an M47E.

Basically M47 armed with 105 L7 and M60 engine, or a more agile M46 with a stronger UFP and an L7

Ebit: Found a photo

SiYUHVB.png

6 hours ago, ZXrage said:

If it's an M47, It would probably look like an M47E.

Basically M47 armed with 105 L7 and M60 engine, or a more agile M46 with a stronger UFP and an L7

Ebit: Found a photo

Hide contents

SiYUHVB.png

10/10 would buy.