Meirzin

M46 Patton Fan Club

18 hours ago, monjardin said:

I imagine that the AMX 30 outclasses it now. The M46 used to have a big DPM advantage. Now the AMX 30 has more speed, more DPM, much more standard penetration, a HEAT round for dealing with super heavies and better final accuracy. The M46 just has better gun handling and 20m more view range to compensate I guess...

Nah, Patton is still better than 30 prot, better hull traverse, better turret, better bloom, better depression, better viewrange and 265 pen is enough to deal with most stuff.

It's got superior comfort.

So, the M46 Patton in 2020.

I like it, it's an excellent all-rounder medium. It's not the fastest, doesn't have the best turret armour (although the buff it received in that regard certainly helped a lot), doesn't have the best penetration, but it has excellent DPM and view range, is very comfortable in terms of the gun (although final accuracy lets you down a bit at long range), gun depression and just enough mobility to do what you want to do.

It just doesn't have major weaknesses which makes for an easy-to-play style that is just great fun. Definitely a keeper.

Stock grind is a bit on the painful side however, so be mindful of that as you pretty much need everything to be fully competitive.

100 games, 71% win rate (extremely high for me, by far my highest win-rate for any tank that I have 100 games or more in), with 1,844 DPG and 751 assist, which is par with all of my mediums except the Obj 430. Stock grind in my opinion hurt my DPG (even though I was winning, a lot of >1,500 damage games in the stock grind) and I suspect it would go up if I kept on playing.

On 2/15/2020 at 7:21 AM, Balthazars said:

So, the M46 Patton in 2020.

I like it, it's an excellent all-rounder medium. It's not the fastest, doesn't have the best turret armour (although the buff it received in that regard certainly helped a lot), doesn't have the best penetration, but it has excellent DPM and view range, is very comfortable in terms of the gun (although final accuracy lets you down a bit at long range), gun depression and just enough mobility to do what you want to do.

It just doesn't have major weaknesses which makes for an easy-to-play style that is just great fun. Definitely a keeper.

Stock grind is a bit on the painful side however, so be mindful of that as you pretty much need everything to be fully competitive.

100 games, 71% win rate (extremely high for me, by far my highest win-rate for any tank that I have 100 games or more in), with 1,844 DPG and 751 assist, which is par with all of my mediums except the Obj 430. Stock grind in my opinion hurt my DPG (even though I was winning, a lot of >1,500 damage games in the stock grind) and I suspect it would go up if I kept on playing.

I just played 50 games after a long break and I can't agree more with you. Still a decent tank.