EJVH3

Type 59 Fan Club

Yay!

Victory!
Battle: Erlenberg
Vehicle: Type 59
Experience received: 4.000 (x2 for the first victory each day)
Credits received: 108.907
Battle achievements: 2 Marks of Excellence, Mastery Badge: "1st Class"

Now off to get 3.

It's not what it once was, but a 5 skill crew brings it somewhat close to what it once was. I have ~3,500 battles in mine. Printed a lot of credits in it.

It's not what it once was, but a 5 skill crew brings it somewhat close to what it once was. I have ~3,500 battles in mine. Printed a lot of credits in it.

I never noticed that much difference on it, although I did buy it after the MM was changed from only tier 8 meds and lower to max tier 10.

In fact, I think it is better now, with premium ammo available, 1° more gun depression IIRC and higher alpha.

Acutally, this is why Type is OP, any other tank and this would have been lost.

548f3e7c9c81a5443d010000.jpg

A lot of times I'm finding that I have to be very conservative at the start in the Type, T-34-2, and T-34-3. If you watch that replay I posted last night, you'll see that I am very passive at the start. I see that my team is obviously suiciding in to their tier 9's in the east, and my team is mostly TD's, meaning they're going to camp in foolish places. You can also note the rage of the dumbass comet that gets rekt by the 2 tier 9 meds he #YOLO'd in to right at the start. I'm finding that's the best way for me to do well in meds lately: take a fairly aggressive but ultimately non-committal position early, and don't get sucked in to a pitched engagement until you see how the battle is developing. The only time I ignore this rule is when my team has a very clear overmatch  somewhere and is steamrolling.

Best WN8 padder ever though.

If I wanted I could pad my way to unicum overall playing only Type.

Or, well, if I hadn't potatoed 1300 battles in it, maybe I would already have been...

I would like to be part of a Type-59 wolf pack some night if two others are down for an hour or so of fun? Find me in wotlabs in game chat room and send an invite. Fun fun Fun!

Type 59 is superior comfort.(especially with 6 crew skills) the right blend of armour/mobility/firepowah. 2nd best T8 med(Pershing 1st)

Best damage out of 4k games is 6.2k.

I seemed to get ammoracked an awful lot in my type...

Was playing in on redshire the other day, went to my normal initial spotting location, ended up dueling with a kv3. I sidescraped at a near-autobounce angle and the kv3 just ripped thru my armor detonating my rack .-.

I bought mine on the last weekend it was available.  I was 2 months into my WoT career at that point, and I wish I had parked it until I was ready for tier 8.  My Type WR will never recover from my folly.

I seemed to get ammoracked an awful lot in my type...

Was playing in on redshire the other day, went to my normal initial spotting location, ended up dueling with a kv3. I sidescraped at a near-autobounce angle and the kv3 just ripped thru my armor detonating my rack .-.

I too has noticed that I have been getting amo racked and catching fire a ridiculous amount of time lately, as compared to before I took a 10 month break from the game this time last year. WG's nerfing of the Type-59 and other prem tanks that people paid real money for is one of the biggest scams created by them...amongst so many others. Exactly why I have never bought another prem tank since I got my Type-59 in Dec 2011.

it used to be that if you could hull down in a typical tier 7/8 battle you would bounce anything. I get penned so much in my turret and not to mention how huge they made the view ports on the top of the turret...who can't hit those now.

The Type 59 was definitely the best 'worst' purchase that I made in the game.

While it's not the same tank that it used to be, it's still pretty fun.  It's definitely all in the driver, feel sorry for those 46% Types that I see on the battlefield.