EJVH3

Type 59 Fan Club

Hello fellow Type enthusiasts. I think I've found my spiritual home.

anyone on EU want to make old style wolfpak ? 

Ooh, yeah. Add me in-game, I'm mostly playing arty on my 12fps laptop this week, but I'd be up for some Type mayhem when I get back home.

If I had the opportunity to get my hands on one, should I? Is it good these days?

Yes, it's excellent. It's the only RU style medium prem tank. The 34-3 is derpy and a lot of people don't like it (I do, but I can see why some don't). The Type is just an medium, and it's excellent.

Yes, it's excellent. It's the only RU style medium prem tank. The 34-3 is derpy and a lot of people don't like it (I do, but I can see why some don't). The Type is just an medium, and it's excellent.

Also, it's armor actually holds up. The UFP is pretty well angled at 100mm and the turret bounces like my mother.

Not to say that the armor is actually good, though if you know the reload times of most tanks you can count their reloads down and angle just before they are about to hit you, which is usually enough to bounce any tier 8 tank.

The gun handling and aimtime are awful (turret bloom is worse than post-buff T-34-3?). Aside from that, it's pretty good. Great for bullying light tanks and the sidehug is surprisingly effective against most heavies.

59 is the best t8 premium in my mind

regret not grabbing it during the few months that it went on sale

but the funny thing it, if u go to Chinese server and hit that random battle button in your tier 6-7-8 tank, you will see something magical like this 

XXXX(name of map)

type 59      I      type 59

YOU          I      type 59

god damn it they sell like everything in that server, including 904 and VK7201........

and the price of their 59 is like 20 bucks (converted to US) ~ish  each....

I feel sad for all tier 7 heavy tank players in China

I honestly don't understand its ammo capacity. T-34-3 and WZ120 hold 40 each, and thats of 122mm ammo. T-54 gets 50 100mm rounds. How come the Type only gets 34 100mm rounds? Hell, even the 34-2 gets 40 122mm rounds IIRC, and its a hell of a lot smaller than the 59.

Yea, the low ammo capacity is a big problem. Like you have to try to count every shot you fire and at the end you carried hard as fuck and theres no ammo left. ffs. The same goes with the T54 lightweight, but ye, WG :3

I've run into a certain problem with the 59 and thought I'd ask around here.

T9 matches, your flank is failing vs a heavily armed and armored force. An example from today - Arctic Region south spawn, I go north with only a handful of tanks (and an E-50 without the top gun). We quickly get overwhelmed.

Now, the Type's gun handling, even with all the equipment and perks, is very bad. I find trying to brawl like I'm in a T-54 just doesn't work.

What do you do? 

Fall way back? 

This is my major problem with the 59, T9 matches where your secondary flank runs into T9 guns and high hp targets.

T9 matches, your flank is failing vs a heavily armed and armored force. An example from today - Arctic Region south spawn, I go north with only a handful of tanks (and an E-50 without the top gun). We quickly get overwhelmed.

Now, the Type's gun handling, even with all the equipment and perks, is very bad. I find trying to brawl like I'm in a T-54 just doesn't work.

What do you do? 

Fall way back? 

This is my major problem with the 59, T9 matches where your secondary flank runs into T9 guns and high hp targets.

I'm usually very aggressive with my Type, generally I can side hug any T9 tank to death. The key its to find great hull down spots and abuse your -7 gun depression

What do you do? 

Fall way back? 

Thats not type spesific really, just common with all tanks: Dont try to hold up flank where you are greatly underpowered, even best players cant do it. Instead fall back to next (hull down) position, shoot enemies few times, then again fall back before they get too close. Try to bleed enemies following you slowly down or lead them to friendlies who can help you.

What comes to that spesific position, there is really good hull down positions north edge of map A1-B1 but again, good positions do not help if opponents have too big advantage so try to not corner yourself to position you cannot get away if enemies push.

Rediscovering my love for this baby.. shame I'm too tight for prem..

Hrr... pic won't post. How do I add an attachment?

It's a great tank, I am just terrible at operating it.

I got this tank last night and fell in love with it immediately. It is an excellent all rounder, much like the E50. Shits WN8, credits, and fun like nothing else. 

I got this tank last night and fell in love with it immediately. It is an excellent all rounder, much like the E50. Shits WN8, credits, and fun like nothing else.

HOW DID YOU GET IT I NEED IT

Kind of an opposite E50... low hull armor, more turret armor, and inaccurate somewhat derpy gun.

It's not that bad though, it's workable and still really the only gimmick-free premium tier 8 medium tank that is a medium tank.

Kind of an opposite E50... low hull armor, more turret armor, and inaccurate somewhat derpy gun.

It's not that bad though, it's workable and still really the only gimmick-free premium tier 8 medium tank that is a medium tank.

Not really, they're pretty much the same role. The Type has extremely effective armor for <175 pen guns, and has a strong turret for when you are facing more pen. The only major difference is that the Type has a horrible gun, but that is easily mitigated by closing the distance.

Doubting the armor? Here are some stats based on my performance.

Type 59 (32 games):

Armor-use efficiency - 1.02

Average damage blocked - 937

E-50 (500 games):

Armor-use efficiency - 0.62

Average damage blocked - 812

Call that small sample size if you want, but anyone who says the Type has bad armor just doesn't know how to use it.