EJVH3

Type 59 Fan Club

Type 59 front armor: 100mm (about 200 effective)

Turret armor: 200mm

E50 front armor: 150mm (about 300 effective)

Turret armor: 185mm

I'm using the actual armor values. Like I said, a backwards E50. I'm not talking about how you use your armor, just what the armor is. I never said the Type 59 had bad hull armor, it's just less hull armor and more turret armor than the E50.

Plus, stuff like armor use and whatnot is more weighted towards turret armor, because hull down positions are a good idea regardless to reduce your target area.

Buying this all the way back when I was still a blue shitlord was the best decision I ever made in this game. After 2k+ battles the tank honestly is pretty boring but the amount of pubbie tears shed is converging to infinity

JeosGEk.jpg

Type 59 front armor: 100mm (about 200 effective)

Turret armor: 200mm

E50 front armor: 150mm (about 300 effective)

Turret armor: 185mm

Object 140 frontal: 100mm

Object 140 turret: 240mm

Very similar armor on a tank two tiers lower. I'm not seeing your point.

My point is the E50 and type 59 are "opposites" in terms of armor thickness of the hull and turret, and gun handling.

Yep, but you miss the sweetness that is preferential MM.

Honestly, the tank in itself isn't all that good. In fact, it is a bit sluggish and has bad gun handling. What makes it great is that it is a bouncy med that escapes the disparity of tier X games. Basically, the Type is a very average compared to other tier VIII meds but usurps a spot amongst the 3 best due to its preferential MM (personally I value only the Pershing and Obj 416 higher).

i won mine in some tournament right b4 wglna finals (march?), and have played 138 games at 80% winrate and 2150 dpg (which works out to 4375 WN8).

It's only good cuz of pref, otherwise it's one of the most garbage tanks i've had the displeasure of driving. Tank doesn't go remotely fast, gun is IS-6 level bloom, DPM is laughable, and it has module damage worse than the leo 1. Put this tank side-by-side with the Pershing, and it's the biggest joke ever.

But even still, it has pref and it's actually one of the more fun tanks in the pref8 group, since most of the pref8s are boring tanks like the IS-6.

Finally got the opportunity to drive a Type for a few matches. The gun handling and bloom (which hurts the pen) is garbage. Mobility is average (feels like my T-34-3, my 2nd most played tank). That hull armor and gun depression though. Holy bullshit. That makes the tank. It was a very apples to apples comparison to my -3 since the crew in the Type had many of the same skills trained (both crews nearly at 4th skill completed).

You can't.

You can't tell me what I can and can't do! I'll post my user name and password and the first person that logs in get the best account in WoT. Simple as that.

Can't do that though. Might want to play again some day again in the future. When they buff the Type-59 back to it's past glory.

I want it so bad. How to get

hax

They do give them away sometimes for events. Always makes me happy to see some 300 wn8 player win one after I waste hours watching a live stream hoping for a shot at one.

Would some nice people share me a bunch of Type 59 replays please?

I just acquired this tanks recently, and it has been a total disaster for me. Although my crew is new, averaging 1.4k damager per game with 45% win rate is just bad :\ My hit rate is ok @76% but my rate of penetrating shots to all shots fired is just terrible (though not spamming, I do load a reasonable amount of APCR whenever I consider the penetration of the AP is not enough for my target). For so many games it's been around 50% or even lower, and I think I need to rework on my positioning and such to be more effective at engaging my targets.

Would some nice people share me a bunch of Type 59 replays please?

I just acquired this tanks recently, and it has been a total disaster for me. Although my crew is new, averaging 1.4k damager per game with 45% win rate is just bad :\ My hit rate is ok @76% but my rate of penetrating shots to all shots fired is just terrible (though not spamming, I do load a reasonable amount of APCR whenever I consider the penetration of the AP is not enough for my target). For so many games it's been around 50% or even lower, and I think I need to rework on my positioning and such to be more effective at engaging my targets.

Tip : imo, This is not a tank where you can afford to test penetration on an enemy tank by shooting a shell first, the tank's ammo capacity is unfortunately just too low to permit that. And therefore if possible, load APCR / AP accordingly prior to engaging the target. Though, this will become more blatant as you keep playing battles in the tank. So, no worries.

The following is one of my recent best games in the tank. Sadly ran out of shells due to trigger happy moments.

The replay highlights pretty much the advantages (gun dep, armor) and weaknesses (low ammo capacity, below average gun handling) as well as other characteristics such as accuracy. I did make a few mistakes as well such as snipe at a T-54, give free shots, etc. So, hope it helps with the dos and the don'ts   :thumbup:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1956866#south_coast-lolwut8317-type_59

EDIT : Added more replays

http://wotreplays.com/site/1884803#siegfried_line-lolwut8317-type_59

http://wotreplays.com/site/1935344#malinovka-lolwut8317-type_59

I have managed to amass 4k battles on my type 59 recently huzzah!.

Sitting on 6th crew skill. 3 MoE. Majority solo.

4k battles 

shot_047_zpsxrhsfioh.jpg

Just for reference this was my 2k battles 

shot_047_zpsdc2e6687.jpg

Patch 9.10

review HD armour alterations to Hype 59 here;

https://thearmoredpatrol.wordpress.com/2015/08/07/type-59-armor-changes/

Is this an overall buff or nerf to the legend that is the Hype 59? Discuss ....

this buff is sex :doge:  hatches had already been ez pen, however the turret is now smaller, front is tougher, 2muchsex2handle. it also looks gorgeous :doge: