Why is access to this data required? Shouldn't everything required for the signature be available from WG's WoT  API?

-snip-

It says it requests all of the information, but it doesn't actually use any of it. It might be because it takes some of your data(avg exp, tanks played, PR, or w/e) as part of a big bundle with everything else and there is no other way to access it? But I remember Tioga saying that it doesn't actually make use of any of that extra stuff.

After having some info cleared up, both the advisement and investigation have been suspended, I was fed bad, outdated information at the start of this and was just pinged with corrected information. I apologize for any problem or misunderstanding this has caused.

Here's the deal:

Yes, the website is using a legit authentication method advertised by Wargaming, however the nature of the website doesn't warrant that kind of access. That authentication method is not supposed to be used for simple verification, but to give an access token which gives the service access to all of that information, which is why suspicions were brought up in the first place.

I'm giving the benefit of doubt here and reopening this. If simple authentication is what you need, Tioga, I recommend using pure OpenID like I do for authentication here in the forum. If you need help, I'll be happy to provide examples of the code I use.

Cheers

Shouldn't everything required for the signature be available from WG's WoT  API?

There are all sort of settings for Tioga's sigs. In order to just have one signature image for each user, it needs a login token so that random people can't come along and change someone's sig or flood the server with 50 different sigs for the same person. I'm not sure about how much of that information can be taken off the list though, but it probably doesn't matter. The only thing I'm sort of concerned about is the "restricted clan information" item. What does that refer to?

Tioga.moe now uses the authentication system I've wanted to use but couldn't figure out because it had no documentation. Big thanks to never for providing assistance. The site nolonger has to get lots of information just for authentication (real great api there wargaming)

<snip>

The only thing I'm sort of concerned about is the "restricted clan information" item. What does that refer to?

Chip count, gold in treasury and capital province. That's all I see with a quick look at the API documentation ( https://na.wargaming.net/developers/api_reference/wot/clan/info/).

WoTScout.com uses the WG OpenID login just like WoTLabs and now tioga.moe. I had thought about using the access token to build a database of tanks in users' garages (tanks stats are public while presence in one's garage is private) to try to predict tank compositions, but that seemed like overkill. Also, it could make people less likely to use the service. So, WoTScout.com only pulls publicly available information.

It's best not to scare the (sometimes warranted) tinfoil hatters and end up with situations like this!

Wow just got my sig from tioga... I luv it...

Might I ask where he actually gets the statistics for them? I notice they're not the same as wotlabs...