Sign in to follow this  
JohnGacy

How to make shit teams less shit

Just try to carry as hard as you can. There's no hope to pubbies.

The only time advising pubbies can be useful is when you're dead, offer helpful advice.

Most of the time any time you try to help will result in a flurry of insults directed at you. You're the noob, not these guys:

1.gif

They usually never listen to good advice, but sometimes reverse-psychology works. Encounter on Lakeville for example, telling your tomato team something like "let's all camp in the siema-valley!" actually seems to greatly reduce the amount of morons going there.

Most tomatoes apparently are very much like little children, they do not like to do what others tell them no matter if it makes sense to do so or not.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1330507#airfield-johngacy-vk_4502_p_ausf_b

I keep encountering extremely incompetent teams.   How do you convince them to go to the right positions?

Talk so much shit to them that they chase you to teamkill you and then just run into the enemy guns leaving them right where they need to be.

Works 100% of the time 32% of the time.

They usually never listen to good advice, but sometimes reverse-psychology works. Encounter on Lakeville for example, telling your tomato team something like "let's all camp in the siema-valley!" actually seems to greatly reduce the amount of morons going there.

Most tomatoes apparently are very much like little children, they do not like to do what others tell them no matter if it makes sense to do so or not.

I have a suspicion that they are.

I've seen a lot of blurples pub-whispering to great effect recently. I find that a few gentle cues leading your pubbies in the right direction work well. Instead of "OMFG, you guys are pussies" I'll say "there are 3 of them and 6 of you, get in there and kill them!" Also POSITIVE reinforcement works wonders; a simple "GJ Pubbie-X" up front will get them thirsty for more compliments and they will be more open to your direction throughout the game.

If I'm particularly worried during countdown specific hints and tips can also get a team to roll to proper I initial deployment areas; "Hey, you heavies can really wreck face on the 1-2 line" or "Our mediums should be able to roll right through the middle" can help get everything at least started off right.

Talk to them and ask. I clearly do not have great stats, but I am improving. I know most unicum's are toon'd up often, but drop a player a bone time to time and help them? I know a few have done me that favor and toon with me time to time and give me tips etc. I don't want to put those people on the spot but, the clans they are from are Vilin, -G-, and CHAI. I do rage at some tards, hell I have even been that tard more than I care to admit, but sometimes just asking goes a long way.