Gandaran

T-34-3 Thread of Improvement/mentoring.

Due to the recent popularity of this tank, I am going to start a platooning/mentoring/replay review, etc thread here.

Requirements: Be willing to put up with me, I am not entirely confident in my abilities as a teacher, some people learn a lot, others not so much. 

NA Server for platooning. I could probably go over replays for SEA but i don't know much about the style on that server (campy/aggressive/vision-oriented etc) So best i could give you would be mechanical advice on positioning and such.

Other then that there are really no requirements (well have a 34-3 considering that's what you want to learn I guess).

This is all free of course. 

Anyway to the tank:

ECz5vfd.jpg

Mobility:

The tank handles pretty smoothly, Ok acceleration, a decent top speed of 50 and a good traverse rate (hull traverse: 46, turret traverse: 46) gives you enough mobility to move around to where you need to be.

Protection:

The hull is nothing special, and it being low to the ground is a detriment since most tanks will be shooting down at you negating your frontal slope. The camouflage is good, allowing you to play vision games and use bushes in engagements. The Turret is where this thing shines, a very strong turret that will bounce enemy shells more often then not.

Firepower:

This is where the tank stands out, it mounts the 122mm D-25T cannon with 390 alpha, along with the common 175mm AP penetration. However unlike its Russian counterparts it trades the 217 APCR shell for an outstanding 250mm HEAT option. The 175mm AP pen is still very workable as most of your shots will be against enemy mediums/ sides of heavies, with HEAT being reliable enough against tank you will face frontally.  The High alpha allows you to lower your exposure time while still doing a large amount of damage.

The Low rate of fire actually comes in handy, as you are able to fire, move behind cover, and are unlit by the time you are ready to take your next shot.

The Downsides to the gun are its bad gun depression (-3 is very hard to work with for the majority), long aim time, and high (but better now) bloom. However even with these detriments the gun is semi reliable at snapshotting.

Tips:

1: if you don’t have time to aim, snapshot anyways, the tank has a very large ammo capacity (40 shells) and if you miss you miss, if you hit you will take a chunk of their health away (and you can laugh because you hit them).

2: Gun depression can be simulated by abusing terrain (Ill post replays when I have time to play), otherwise try not fight over hills as it takes to long to get your gun on target and you have to expose the entire tank.

3: Your ammo rack is in the direct center of your tank (on both sides) so try not to give enemies your broadside; your fuel tank is in the front right (from your PoV).

4:  Don’t be afraid to fire on the move.

5: HE is good for taking out artillery/ very low HP targets without aiming for weak points.

Recommended skills:

First: Gunnery skills, Safe stowage, Sixth

Second skills: camouflage  or BIA

Third skill: Whichever you did not chose for skill 2

All in order to maximize the tanks fire power.

Equipment is more preference oriented, Personally I run Vstab/GLD/Rammer.

And to top it all off, this tank is FUN!! it is satisfying to do well in it and carry a team.

If you want a replay reviewed you can just PM me or put it here and ill get to it ASAP. Same for platooning/mentoring!

http://wotreplays.com/site/1331030#stalingrad-snowdude21325-t-34-3

Love this tank, its so awesome. Best credit grinder I have. 

Good game, the only real advice i could give you on that one is that instead of engaging the pershing over the hill, to fight more around the base so you arent completely exposed to the panther2/t20 during that time. (later you had the correct positioning when you shot the t20), the base of the hill covers most of your hull while taking gun depression out of the equation. 

Haven't really played stalingrad yet so i don't know the optimal positioning :(

Good game, the only real advice i could give you on that one is that instead of engaging the pershing over the hill, to fight more around the base so you arent completely exposed to the panther2/t20 during that time. (later you had the correct positioning when you shot the t20), the base of the hill covers most of your hull while taking gun depression out of the equation. 

Here's some good play in the southwest, where you can both take advantage of your turret and vision.

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1304323#stalingrad-cunicularius-t-34-3

http://wotreplays.eu/site/1304509#stalingrad-cunicularius-t-34-3 <Here's a second good game on Stalingrad, I do not recall exactly what happened, but if I am not mistaken, it was a similar game.

EDIT

Oh and btw, fggt... you still need an av.

How about T-34-3 as av?

I just got mine and went with this setup (crew is from my WZ-120)

EdDEDLC.jpg

What do you guys think of taking vents over rammer? Lose out on some DPM, but that's not this tanks strongpoint really anyways, and really helps mitigate it's bloom/aimtime/terrain resistance/VR(because no optics)

So far It really just feels like a tier 8 WZ-120. Which means it has moments of domination, and other moments of massive frustration when you can't depress to hit something right infront of you, or the gun just wants to troll the shit out of you.

Ya, that and missing that orginal shot on the comet, im such a scrub

Ya, that and missing that orginal shot on the comet, im such a scrub

For that just aim closer to the corner they will poke out on. If you aim farther away and they stop you can end up hitting their front vs their side. (i don't know if i am explaining that nicely. sorry) 

What do you guys think of taking vents over rammer? Lose out on some DPM, but that's not this tanks strongpoint really anyways, and really helps mitigate it's bloom/aimtime/terrain resistance/VR(because no optics)

Personal preference for me is that a rammer on anything with >10s reload is a requirement, and i couldn't justify vents over GLD/VStab to help the gun. 

-snip-

EDIT

Oh and btw, fggt... you still need an av.

How about T-34-3 as av?

Do you want me to review those cuni? :P

Personal preference for me is that a rammer on anything with >10s reload is a requirement, and i couldn't justify vents over GLD/VStab to help the gun. 

I think my main reason being VR, it takes me up to ~420 VR, from 380 with food and such. That's completely acceptable for a tier8 med and it also helps other stats (primarily gun handling). Normally I'm completely with you on the rammer, but I feel like the gun handling is so off that that's the main limiting factor on this tank, not the reload. Small sample size, will have to play it more to get a better feel.

I'm bad@tanks in general and in a few maps specifically.

Ensk is one of them. =/

http://wotreplays.com/site/1332407?secret=90f6fdda1984920730af64460180eab3

Full potato. 

http://wotreplays.com/site/1332407?secret=90f6fdda1984920730af64460180eab3

This is a win, but I feel that I could done better. E.G aiming at the ST-1's engine deck for delicious overmatch.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1332418#pearl_river-jigokunobanken-t-34-3

I think my main reason being VR, it takes me up to ~420 VR, from 380 with food and such. That's completely acceptable for a tier8 med and it also helps other stats (primarily gun handling). Normally I'm completely with you on the rammer, but I feel like the gun handling is so off that that's the main limiting factor on this tank, not the reload. Small sample size, will have to play it more to get a better feel.

My previous 60 battles I can't agree with you on this.

Getting in the habit of not moving your turret so much when aiming and stopping for several seconds gives me 85_90 % accuracy most of the time. GLD, VStab and rammed are still optimal imo.

Make sure you get BIA early and whatever you want to run food to try hard to third is up to you. With some goldspam and no food you'll make 50k (3k dmg), food and no gold spam produces same results. Gold spam and food you well probably be in the negative, depending on how much gold spam and how much dmg.

Also can you review my replay? This isn't really a question of performance (I just want you top see the end)  &gt;:(

http://wotreplays.com/site/1333533#lakeville-victrixen-t-34-3

Also this replay will emphasize how little gun depression you have (towards the end) but the truth is it becomes very tolerable after playing 200+ games in it.

More Replays To Review, since you like doing it so much :)

http://wotreplays.com/site/1333666#swamp-victrixen-t-34-3

http://wotreplays.com/site/1333787#northwest-victrixen-t-34-3

On the subject of replays, how should have I played this match better? I did a ton of damage, but I feel like some of it was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

http://www.vbaddict.net/battlereport/wartzay-na-eaf0b146a98ca6ca72f77ae3a2a6791c/himmelsdorf-china-t-34-3-80189759546798759

Edit: might as well get opinions on crew and loadout.

I have

SS                  / BIA / Jack of all trades / Camo(45%)

Snap Shot      / BIA / Camo                  / Repairs (45%)

Smooth Ride  / BIA / Off Road Driving / Repairs (45%)

Safe Stowage / BIA / Camo                 / Repairs (45%)

Vert Stab, Rammer, EGLD / Auto fire ext, small repair kit, small med kit.