Sign in to follow this  
Deusmortis

First look at the tier 10 Brit SPG

Seems to be a faster, but otherwise inferior T-92.

Gun:

Capture1B_zps3cc2e789.jpg

Least accurate gun in the game, with less damage than the T92. 

Raw Stats:

Capture2B_zpsbafacdd2.jpg

Crew:

Capture3b_zps43cf8178.jpg

CGC drops the radioman for an extra gunner.  Marginally more useful abilities.

Ammo:

Capture_zpsd3964f6e.jpg

Less accurate than the 92, with less damage, and less splash too.  Also, the CGC does not have the T92's AP option. 

No first hand experience yet.  I've tried to buy the thing 5 times now, but the server is having cramps. 

Most notable is the fact that the CGC seems to be fully encloses.  This allows for the use of vents, and possibly makes it less vulnerable to counter fire.  Also... hull armor is a respectable 152mm. 

Having the ability to use vents makes a pretty massive difference to big arty pieces. You're looking at what, a 5 second decrease in reload time as well as probably 1 second faster aim time. Wouldn't be surprised if it is better than it looks on paper if it can in fact utilise vents.

Its too good if you ask me.

Huge horizontal gun ark and surprisingly good mobility.

Well it'd nice to actually see a British end-tier that isn't utter tripe.

I see what people are saying, now that I've had a chance to play.  Firing arc reminiscent of the GW Panther.  Good maneuverability and decent speed, may be able to get to some nice fire zones. 

http://youtu.be/QmzTAJ_hA4s

Checking to see if my new photobucket settings make these any easier to see:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t270/Deusmortis/shot_009_zps8aba8e9c.jpg~original

...  Settings work, but cannot host that extension on the site.  Will have to bug NW.   Will have to settle for the clicky for now. 

152mm of frontal armor seems like it will allow it to survive more encounters with scouts and might get a lucky bounce or two from a few mediums as well. 

Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask (new here), does anyone know what the shell travel time is like on the GB X?

Pre 8.7 I loved the SU-8 as it had stupidly high arc so could pick off tanks which thought they were comfortably inside arty-shadow. Could still make the same shot post 8.7 but it required Nostradamus to predict where the target would be 6 seconds later.