Sign in to follow this  
Anfield

Anfield Ranks the Tier 10 Tanks

Question

Okay so obviously Garbad posted his new power ranking list, all due respect to him but I took a look but was surprised where he ranked certain tanks and because I disagreed on a large number I decided to make my own list.

So this my list and my opinion:

E100 – 9 
T-62A – 9

Object 140 - 9

AMX 50B – 8.5

Waffle  – 8

STB – 8

Fv215b - 7.5

E-50M – 7.5

T57 – 7.5

Bat Chat - 7.5

Object 430 - 7.5

183 - 7

Vk7201 – 7

T110E5 – 6.5 

FV4202 – 6.5

263 - 5.5

121 – 5.5

IS-7 - 5

Leopard – 4.5

EClrVyj.gif

T110E4 - 4

268 – 4 

Foch – 4

113 – 3

IS-4 – 3

J100 – 3 

M60 – 2.5
M48 – 2

Maus – 1

Rather than list every tank and describe why I got to it's rank feel free to ask me and I will explain why.

otqnZbq.gif

Bleh, this one isn't much better IMHO. Seeing things like the 62A repeatedly get near perfect scores, the Maus repeatedly get a 1, horribly undervaluing some heavies (IS-4 and IS-7 are some of the best winning tanks at T10, yet you rank them at 3 and 5 respectively, below things like the 4202, which I think is completely dumb), etc. I'm glad you didn't do a 10/10 on the shitmobile that is the Waffen, replacing it with the badass E-100, but some of this other stuff just makes no sense to me.

i endlessly solo in the maus. its carry potential is always under valued. it is actually an effective tank, just shitty for damage farming. is7 and is4, gotta say, i dont see where youre coming from on them. the is7 is a monster, and once you get the feel for the is4, its extremely capable in most any situation.

I think my problem with the IS7 is I hate unreliable guns with long reloads/low dpm, and I appreciate it can take a hit if in the right spot but I feel far more comfortable with the E100's gun than the IS7's, otherwise it would be higher.

It's actually interesting to see such a large variety in opinion with the top player base. Again this is my opinion list rather than a definite list.

i endlessly solo in the maus. its carry potential is always under valued. it is actually an effective tank, just shitty for damage farming. is7 and is4, gotta say, i dont see where youre coming from on them. the is7 is a monster, and once you get the feel for the is4, its extremely capable in most any situation.

The Maus is terrible for carrying on a huge number of maps, and on maps it's supposed to be good the E100 far outshines it.

Again I mentioned the IS7's gun (although it's turn speed kills me) as a big issue I have with it.

As for the IS4, it's slow, has nice side armor but no real front armor, it's turret can be overmatched, it's gun is horrific (aimtime/dpm). 

The thing about (actual, not psuedo like the 113 etc) heavies is that they are some of the best tanks in the game just by default. Heavies win games. The "real" heavies in this game are the IS-4, IS-7, E-100, Maus, and arguably E3. These tanks have a huge advantage over support tanks like the Leo (or even 62A) simply because the fact they have incredible staying power and can influence a match without actually firing a shell. This is also the problem with tanks like the T57 and E5, which try their best not to be actual heavies, but a turreted TD and med respectively. These are just flat out inferior to an actual heavy.

T10 heavies are overpowered, that's just how I see things. Pure support and flex platforms are underpowered. If you have no staying power, you're at a severe disadvantage because damage is going to be your primary means of influence, not map control or presence. This is what makes something like the E-100 such a badass tank - it's the best of the best. You're not only getting the kudos of being a heavy, but you're also (usually) the best heavy in the game.

This is also why I think it's silly the Maus repeatedly gets put in the bottom of the list. It doesn't matter that it's the worst of the brick heavies. It's still a brick heavy. Most of the tanks in this game can't even hold a candle to it, calling it the worst t10 in the game is just weird.

Also, I think it was Nixon who dug up data that the 62A is actually pretty mediocre, despite what people around here seem to think.

Reason for 215b better rating then E5? Just curious. I own them both (and suck equally with both), and while gun handling and HP is better on 215b, don't you think the better armor and front turret makes up for it?

Reason for 215b better rating then E5? Just curious. I own them both (and suck equally with both), and while gun handling and HP is better on 215b, don't you think the better armor and front turret makes up for it?

The 215b is only more effective than the E5 is the right hands (how it used to be with the 50b and t57 to some degree), because the 215b is a worse gun platform it's harder to utilize but in the right hands it's far more effective than the E5.

The thing about (actual, not psuedo like the 113 etc) heavies is that they are some of the best tanks in the game just by default. Heavies win games. The "real" heavies in this game are the IS-4, IS-7, E-100, Maus, and arguably E3. These tanks have a huge advantage over support tanks like the Leo (or even 62A) simply because the fact they have incredible staying power and can influence a match without actually firing a shell. This is also the problem with tanks like the T57 and E5, which try their best not to be actual heavies, but a turreted TD and med respectively. These are just flat out inferior to an actual heavy.

T10 heavies are overpowered, that's just how I see things. Pure support and flex platforms are underpowered. If you have no staying power, you're at a severe disadvantage because damage is going to be your primary means of influence, not map control or presence. This is what makes something like the E-100 such a badass tank - it's the best of the best. You're not only getting the kudos of being a heavy, but you're also (usually) the best heavy in the game.

This is also why I think it's silly the Maus repeatedly gets put in the bottom of the list. It doesn't matter that it's the worst of the brick heavies. It's still a brick heavy. Most of the tanks in this game can't even hold a candle to it, calling it the worst t10 in the game is just weird.

Also, I think it was Nixon who dug up data that the 62A is actually pretty mediocre, despite what people around here seem to think.

This is precisely why the IS-7's gun handling would just wreck how well it does but when you're up close and holding a lane or brawling, any accuracy 0.4 and below is for all purposes, the same accuracy. With that kind of game play being kept in mind, the it and the IS-4 to a lesser extent switch to having very few weaknesses outside of arty. 

You listed the Foch twice, once as 5 and once as 4. I think you should revise this; the Foch is a 1.

You're right It's meant to be a 4, I copied garbad's list and just swapped them around so there was bound to be a mistake.

I used to average 4.4k dpg in the Foch 155 but after they raped it with a nerf I just retired it, I feel 1 would be really harsh still.