kariverson

9.5 Individual Missions rewards.

Free XP is in short supply, spreading out means more pain grinding all the lines. As it stands even focusing I will have to be playing some poorly equipped stuff which isn't great to begin with. Focusing also means getting used to the specific tanks quicker and thus playing them better. Also, since this will require some gambling I would much rather be playing tank A with optimal chances of success than sharing those battles with tanks with lower odds. This mission still runs a huge frustration risk which I would prefer to minimize by using the best tools.

Using individual missions, you will be able to get 4 vehicles in this order: StuG IV, T28 Concept, T55A, Object 260 (it’s not possible to skip straight to Object 260).

As announced earlier, missions are split into 5 branches for each class, 15 missions each. You have to complete 4 out of 5 for each tank (eg. 60 missions for each tank), one branch of your choosing you can skip. Apart from fulfilling the objectives, you also get some reward for each mission (credits and such).

Examples of missions:

First mission for MT branch:

Obj260: win and deal damage, be the first in XP

Tenth mission for MT branch:

Obj260: shoot 15 rounds that deal damage

Final mission for MT branch:

Obj260: destroy three enemy TD’s that are at least one tier higher than you

Ok I Am a bit confused now. For every tank we can unlock we have to complete 4 out of 5 branches.

Couldn´t it be that we can get the tank with 60 out of 75 missions no matter which branch, so we can skip the Final Missions? For ever complete mission we get one token and after we have 60 tokens the tank gets unlocked. This would be actually pretty cool, because the last missions are still very tough and with this system you woud be able to bypass them. Drawback would be, that you have to play every branch ingame, but this shoudnt be such a problem.

I thought it was a you get one token per branch completed, and you must do 4 out of 5

I can see myself now trying to do the heavy mission.

Take my IS-7 into an extremely aggressive spot on a map like Himmelsdorf or Kharkov and go hull down and just sit there soaking the damage.  Or the fantasy scenario to do this mission for me would be the last tank alive on my team in my IS-7 against a lone enemy tomato on the opposing team where I can face hug him all day or even push him up against a wall and laugh as he bounces shot after shot after shot off my turret and upper plate.  A tank with no real powerful prem rounds would be ideal to do it to, like maybe a 46 Patton or Cent 7/1.

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/11/26/individual-missions-official-info/

TBH I'm still not 100% sure how the progress will go. If it will be time-staged, or doing 1st level will unlock 2nd level, or something else.

Russian “official” video: 

I can see myself now trying to do the heavy mission.

Take my IS-7 into an extremely aggressive spot on a map like Himmelsdorf or Kharkov and go hull down and just sit there soaking the damage.  Or the fantasy scenario to do this mission for me would be the last tank alive on my team in my IS-7 against a lone enemy tomato on the opposing team where I can face hug him all day or even push him up against a wall and laugh as he bounces shot after shot after shot off my turret and upper plate.  A tank with no real powerful prem rounds would be ideal to do it to, like maybe a 46 Patton or Cent 7/1.

Kinda wish I had an is7 now for that. e100 might not be perfect for that though it will require some XVM noob hunting.

I just almost made the 6k spotting dmg game. I did 5777 and I only had 1 platoonmate in tier 8 arty. Imagine 2 platoonmates in tier 10s.

http://wotreplays.com/site/1375088#hidden_village-kariverson-type_62

Hidden Village everyone bashes so much... Great map IMO.

Eliteness based on luck, rather than eliteness based on demonstrating commitment and ability. Yes, WG, this is clearly the best way to retain your playerbase.

You have to consider their position. They know that the majority of their playerbase in retar.. em "not very gifted". So they had to come up with a way to make those missions challenging even for good player without making them outright impossible for the retar.. em I mean "not very gifted".

You have to consider their position. They know that the majority of their playerbase in retar.. em "not very gifted". So they had to come up with a way to make those missions challenging even for good player without making them outright impossible for the retar.. em I mean "not very gifted".

I haven't laughed quite so hard since I realized how badly cannons in WoWP were nerfed...

6K spotting isn't impossible for failtards? Unless you have a full team of tier 8+ who are all waiting to shoot across Malinovka field at start AND you have Call for Vengeance running... yeah.

14K soaked/given in a heavy or 8K in a TD... basically impossible for fails.

The other two missions... I can agree with with possible even for mewling infants and blustering morons.

14K soaked/given in a heavy or 8K in a TD... basically impossible for fails.

Didn't you watch QuickyBaby's video with a red hot in a t95 doing 12 kills and 10.5k dmg? It is possible with enough luck.

The thing is though that one might get lucky and do the TD mission, but they have to have a blue moon for 4! or 5! times! So that's what probably statistically impossible.

Didn't you watch QuickyBaby's video with a red hot in a t95 doing 12 kills and 10.5k dmg? It is possible with enough luck.

The thing is though that one might get lucky and do the TD mission, but they have to have a blue moon for 4! or 5! times! So that's what probably statistically impossible.

Yup there is a ton of vids of baddies doing great by letting their team fail and then fighting solo against enemy team that is as red as theirs. 

Spotting is the hardest but DMG on a sniping map and kills? Lol super easy. As for dmg soaked. I had around 8 or 10k after blocking 2 trier tds in my is-4. Didn't know how they bounced 400pen gold rounds but all the better for me.

Yup there is a ton of vids of baddies doing great by letting their team fail and then fighting solo against enemy team that is as red as theirs. 

Spotting is the hardest but DMG on a sniping map and kills? Lol super easy. As for dmg soaked. I had around 8 or 10k after blocking 2 trier tds in my is-4. Didn't know how they bounced 400pen gold rounds but all the better for me.

Am now seriously considering getting xvm-stat so that I know when I can hold back a bit to try to go for the missions.

Even after the damage numbers were dropped, I've never come close to accomplishing these in my tanking career.

The only real hard one seems to be the heavy one, the ones that require skill are the medium (arty if you td mode in FV304 for spotting dmg). And the one that requires luck are the TD ones. Or a Jpe 100 OR 183 with AP as bad as it sounds

The only real hard one seems to be the heavy one, the ones that require skill are the medium (arty if you td mode in FV304 for spotting dmg). And the one that requires luck are the TD ones. Or a Jpe 100 OR 183 with AP as bad as it sounds

I don't get why everyone claims it requires spotting for fv304 to be top trier. Are we forgeting it's a trier 6? As in most people there play baaaaad so it's easy to get top exp there. 

Good, i should have all tanks prepared comes 15th January. Its all doable in the right tanks.. Its just a bother to get those needed. Im personally going German TDs, Germany heavies, Russian or German meds, British Arty, USA lights.

Looking forward to these as just grinding through these missions will bring rewards and also one might focus less on maintaining high wn8 etc, which is never a bad thing. With the community being as it is these days, sometimes the joy of game is sidetracked by joy of stats and looking cool. 

(In before these missions are totaly pain and i hate them)

I don't get why everyone claims it requires spotting for fv304 to be top trier. Are we forgeting it's a trier 6? As in most people there play baaaaad so it's easy to get top exp there.

Not just because they are bad. On T6 many people don't have sixth sense. They don't start wiggling around like a monkey after they got spotted. You have time to aim.

Not just because they are bad. On T6 many people don't have sixth sense. They don't start wiggling around like a monkey after they got spotted. You have time to aim.

That is true. I often don't have it on my t6 tanks too and tbh it hurts less on t6 than above

The LeFH18 would likely be another arty great for this. The gun shoots rather fast so you can pump out damage when RNG is feeling forgiving. I'll probably run a 704/268 for the TD mission and a 45.02 B or Maus for the heavy. I have enough meds to not worry about the mission for them.