Android25

Fame Point and Clan Fame Point Math

Well, its done. Fame point value was about 2k above the expected. Not too bad, but I'm still a little unimpressed with the inaccuracy and movement of the expected value throughout the campaign. I guess I was closer in estimation that some of the other sources I've seen, but it was still low, which is worse than a high estimate.

I'll mull over the numbers tomorrow and try to come up with some variables that keep the expected value as close as possible to the true final value throughout the whole campaign. That way I'll have a more accurate estimate equation if they screw us over with Fame Points again next year, or during any mini-campaigns that may pop up.

I'm truly sorry if my math managed to screw you out of a tank... that thought has been keeping me up for the past few nights.

Congrats to those of you who got the tank.

From a cursory glance at the data, it seemed to me the trajectory of the curve mattered, particularly for Stage 3, and most people I discussed this with during the last few days seemed to assume around 85k based on the way the values were being adjusted on a day-to-day basis.

Any idea when the multipliers for personal fame for the stage are applied? SIMP have 2 more guys that should be getting the tank, so the cutoff will actually move.

Any idea when the multipliers for personal fame for the stage are applied? SIMP have 2 more guys that should be getting the tank, so the cutoff will actually move.

There are no multipliers for stage 3...

as it says 4. Players who are in Clans that manage to rank in the Top 3 positions for the 1st and 2nd stages will receive the following bonuses:...

...Still would like to know how we chose a tank and when we get to?

Exactly.. i also think no personal Multipliers for 3rd stage:

4. Players who are in Clans that manage to rank in the Top 3 positions for the 1st and 2nd stages will receive the following bonuses:

There are no multipliers for stage 3...

...Still would like to know how we chose a tank and when we get to?

maybe this helps.. but i dont know yet... i would say they will notify us by email.

http://worldoftanks.com/clanwars/eventmap/choose_tank/

there it says we can choose the tank starting the 18th at 14:00... but it doesnt say how.. maybe that website will change if you won a tank, and you might be able to click one...

If you dont choose one by the end of the ammount of time they give you to choose it. they will automatically give you the OBJ-907

"Reward tanks will be distributed after update 9.5 goes live on the NA server."

Great :/

.. yeah ikr....

i was expecting to play the tank in a couple of days... but i think it will take more than that...

Well, its done. Fame point value was about 2k above the expected. Not too bad, but I'm still a little unimpressed with the inaccuracy and movement of the expected value throughout the campaign. I guess I was closer in estimation that some of the other sources I've seen, but it was still low, which is worse than a high estimate.

I'll mull over the numbers tomorrow and try to come up with some variables that keep the expected value as close as possible to the true final value throughout the whole campaign. That way I'll have a more accurate estimate equation if they screw us over with Fame Points again next year, or during any mini-campaigns that may pop up.

I'm truly sorry if my math managed to screw you out of a tank... that thought has been keeping me up for the past few nights.

no way man. 

you said safe was 85K. well 3000th place has 85900 points. 

it was always an estimate, but thats a pretty damn good one. you deserve major props

Many bricks were shat in the last few hours. Much anticipation. Much F5. 

Looking down the list buncha clanmates got bumped after the very last update (I got bumped 28 positions at like 1am EST). Feel terrible for them. We ran these people for the last 2 days exclusively to get them up and it wasn't enough. Well it was before the last encounters were in.. So close. Yet so far.

This is my first full campaign and frankly, the mechanics need to be changed because as it stands now its pretty horrible. Not sure I want to do another one with the same rules and mechanics.

no way man.

it was always an estimate, but thats a pretty damn good one. you deserve major props

I second this. I always knew this was an estimate and that I would want to get significantly higher to be safe. Anyone who purposely stopped right when they hit your cutoff would be pretty silly and that would be their fault not yours. I am very glad you did this, and to be honest, you could have been much further off and I still would have thought it was better than having not done it. Cheers!

I second this. I always knew this was an estimate and that I would want to get significantly higher to be safe. Anyone who purposely stopped right when they hit your cutoff would be pretty silly and that would be their fault not yours. I am very glad you did this, and to be honest, you could have been much further off and I still would have thought it was better than having not done it. Cheers!

This 100%. 

Thank you Android and I hope you finally get some sleep now. :3

Last campaign cutoff was ~10% higher than the predictions, 2-3% off is significantly better than that.

no way man. 

This 100%. 

Thank you Android and I hope you finally get some sleep now. :3

Last campaign cutoff was ~10% higher than the predictions, 2-3% off is significantly better than that.

4 out of 5 OX(E)Y members concur, and I'll add my voice to it.

While I understand your regret at putting the target a little too low, most were going a little high as insurance anyhow...  which pro'ly skewed it higher regardless.  A Catch 22 kinda thing.

Regardless, you were damn close, and your revising and tracking was invaluable to MANY players here in the campaign.  Thank you, and may Toom give you a bonus.