csbassplayer

Ethics of giving up pub team mates?

I wanted to get some purple opinions on the ethics of giving up surviving team mates when a game is decided and there is someone hiding.  For instance, in a game of Ensk I just played, there was a friendly Centurion in the A0 corner as the only survivor, trying to farm some arty kills and didn't really do much of anything that game.  A few team mates gave away his position in chat.  Obviously if the game is in question, this is a dumb idea, but in this case, we were losing 14-4 and they were capping us out.  So what do you all think about such things?  (MODS if this is better suited for elsewhere, please move it).  I seem to get plenty of games where we are certainly going to lose, but some terrible red will hide in a corner to survive, even if they haven't done any damage or lost any health.

IMO you should never give up teammates positions, even if they are shitlords.  If it bugs you that much just go back to the garage and wait for the defeat to pop up.  Why risk a ban over some terribad when they can safely be ignored and you'll have your tank back in a minute or less?

I only give teammate position in two occasions:

Game is lost for sure and the given teammate is a team killer (on purpose);

Or game is lost for sure and given teammate is bot / AFK.

While I don't agree with the "idea", I understand that some players would rather hide to save the repair bill than try to get some damage out.

Never do it. For one simple reason: It is one vs 5 or 6 and you are in a tank that can still carry if you get lucky/the opponent blunders. Now someone reports exactly where you are and you get rekt because of it. If everybody did this there would be no chance to get a Kolobanovs.
Also consider what happens if reporting the last team mate became the norm: How about reporting the locations of the last two team mates? When would you stop? Maybe report your teams positions just because you Derped out early?

Or think about it like that: What if you were required to report the location of your last ally? Would you want to play WoT in such an environment? Would that be good?

Never. I get pissed and report every time I see someone else do it, regardless of the team they're on.

Same thing with suicides and with failtoons.  Unsportsmanlike Conduct for all!

I said 'GG E100 is still in valley' after we lost town 3/4 of our team and they'd pushed through the cap circle to shoot him in the butt.

He submitted the game, 3 day chatbang for revealing enemy positions. Stupid rule, but one of the most easily provable. Therefore easily bannable.

I only do it if the last guy is AFK and/or I am annoyed at another defeat and/or I am grinding that particular tank so I want to back asap.

Some times for fun I do the opposite as a troll. If there is only one guy left I will "complain" that he is camping in another area than he actually is. It never seems to work but it is the best I can do to get some of my annoyance of a defeat out of the way without breaking any rules or insulting someone. :P