TheEmptyLord

T-34-85M mission [EU]

So SilentStalker leaked the missions for december and apparently you get a chance to earn the T-34-85M. Specs can be found here and this is the mission.
Pic of the tanks frontal armor:
39010_original.jpg

So you have to grind 50k XP in a T6+ tank with all nations from the 24.12.14 to the 15.1.15. There is however a catch: It is not yet sure whether premium time, premium tanks and doubles count (however it seems likely). While "only" 22 days does seem to be a rather short time frame there are of course Christmas missions running: 5x until the 1st and then 2x for each victory until the 5th so even people who need to get to work/Uni/school seem to have a decent chance at completing this mission.

So which tanks do you think will be needed in order to complete this?
The German Russian and US part seem rather easy, the french and British part also seem to be easily doable however the Chinese and Japanese might turn out to be a chore. While Chinese might still be easily doable if you have advanced enough in the tree to get to the heavy branch the Japs don't have a single really good tank in that line up unless you went past the Chi-Ri.

Also will you do this mission? If the 5x bonus counts this might be one of the easiest missions ever for those that already own the tanks needed. However if 5x does not count this might become a real pain to complete (especially considering how many stronk players come back around Christmas).

There were rumors on FTR that the tank will be available in the gift store next year, however those were just rumors in the comments. Given their recent Type-62 mission and its glaring absence from any gift shop offers there is a decent chance that this is the only chance to obtain the tank in the foreseeable future.
The very nature of this tank makes it tempting however: A T-34-85 with great frontal armor but a rather meh gun. I am really tempted to endure the Christmas players if I can find enough time...

x5 will definitely count toward the mission. It was that way on SP and IS-6 missions last year. The only thing that never counts toward missions is XP gained as result of other missions. For example, extra XP you gain for driving premium tanks won't count toward this mission.

So, this will be quite easy mission, but you get kinda crappy reward.

I managed to survive Chi-To (tier 6) grind for IS-6 last year (100k XP!!!). It shouldn't be a problem to gather lousy 50k XP for this mission.

P.S. Chi-Ri (tier 7) is actually quite decent tank (if you fire full APCR).

x5 will definitely count toward the mission. It was that way on SP and IS-6 missions last year. The only thing that never counts toward missions is XP gained as result of other missions. For example, extra XP you gain for driving premium tanks won't count toward this mission.

So, this will be quite easy mission, but you get kinda crappy reward.

I managed to survive Chi-To (tier 6) grind for IS-6 last year (100k XP!!!). It shouldn't be a problem to gather lousy 50k XP for this mission.

P.S. Chi-Ri (tier 7) is actually quite decent tank (if you fire full APCR).

a decent tier 6 mission? Is this overkill? So much grinding...

a decent tier 6 mission? Is this overkill? So much grinding...

It's not hard grind if you already have vehicles from every nation (like I do). Starting 2-3 nations from scratch just for this mission would be hard grinding :)

For me, it's nice incentive to start playing STA-1, as I'll finish most other nations during x5 event (yes, I have too many tanks in my garage).

Everything bar the Japanese and Chinese tree should be pretty easy. I have the awful T6 tanks of each to grind, although at least I have the Type-T34 to grind the Chinese on.

Grrr ... got everything but the japs, have to start with the Ke-Ho (tier 4).

Could be a good incentive to finally start grinding them.  Don't think they are bad tanks, I just hate having to go through the grinding of a new crew ... :(   Not to mention the low tiers battles ... ugh ...

This one in particular doesn't apply to me as it's not my server, but still, fuck everything about 50k XP in Japanese tanks. Only one worth playing is the STB, which suffers from being tier 10 and consequently getting less XP for shooting any given vehicle.

China is easy, I've got WZ-132, 121, IS-2, 110, WZ-111 1-4, 113, and if premiums count, Type 64, Type 62, Type 59, and 112.

I have 4 soviet, 3 german, 2 french, 2 chinese, 3 brit, 4 (and probably 5 by then)'murrican and 1 japanese crewed tank above tier VI, I think I can do that, though I'll have to play that type 61 a lot.

I only have 1 french and 1 japanese tank, should still be quite easy with free premium time + x5 event.

Honestly it would'nt be worth it to powergrind, the reward doesn't seem that great apart from being a russian medium crewtrainer.

Even if the reward was a better tank i wouldn't do it. Several reasons. First i don't play all the nations, let alone i don't have t6+ from each nation. Second i simply couldn't force myself to that amount of battles. And third since the mission is around holidays, there is no way i'd play tenks most of the time.

hmmm, for someone like me this mission seems to be doable. I ground out all the lines to T6 so I have no shortage of tanks to get 5x in... I should be able to get this almost done with the initial 5x bonus while playing about 2 hours a day...  (6 day with 5k XP each already amount to 30k per nation with one decent daily double. Given that I can get more doubles if needed on one day I should be able to finish the mission pretty quickly for the main nations. That is of course assuming that 2 hours are enough to win ~ 10 games). Then it is just a case of getting the small nations finished during the 2x for each victory.
And to be honest: As long as this tank isn't a complete turd it is finally a fun Russian medium trainer that can maybe reach a decent speed.
if this was a premium for a line I already have one I wouldn't bother, but for a RUSSIAN premium medium tank? Gib pl0x.

this mission is stupid simple, IF you have tanks of all nations above tier 6

50k exp is nothing, thats 25x a x2 exp, we also have x3 and x5 specials AND you can use all tier above tier 6

with x5 exp event, 7x a win = nation completed (1200-1500 exp for a decent win is normal) so 6-7k exp, times 7 is 42-49k exp,

I only have the make sure to play some STB with x5, and thats it, this involves zero grinding...

I'm lacking frenchies and japs - but while i might be intrested in getting some frenchies i sure as fuck won't go for the japs...

Actually i've got chi nu unlocked and almost elite D: This might actually be feasible - but the tank looks like shit, i don't think i want it.

British one will actually be the hardest for me :v.  Guess I can just spam cromwell and kill myself.

British one will actually be the hardest for me :v. Guess I can just spam cromwell and kill myself.

Yay. I feel you man.

50.000 x 7 = 350.000 XP total needed

22 days for the mission

350.000 / 22 = 15909 XP

So, 16k XP a day average.  Even without looking at the x5 and x2 for every win days, this is still very doable.

Providing you don't grind 1 tank and 1 nation at a time, this will be very quick.

When I start playing I always start with grinding my doubles.  Let's say I win 6 out of 10 battles, so I will have around, 6 x 2500 + 4 x 600 = 17800 XP

And if you don't wait for a battle to finish, you can do around 9 battles in an hour.

So, even for me, who plays pretty much around an hour a day, this mission is very doable.