gingxxx

How to deal with total fail platoons?

Yesterday I saw the crown of fail platoons on Prok.

I drove my IS-3 and it was a tier X battle. We had  the most total fail platoon ever in our team.

Object 704 + BT-2 + T1 Cunningham. All members of a dumdum clan.

The T1 was tk-ed directly by a player of PUPEH. He didn't turn blue.

I aimed at the BT-2 but didn't shoot. The mod prevents shooting on greens.

The rest of the battle was ranting in the chat and we lost 4-15 or something like that. I stopped playing for the evening.

How would you deal with such bastards? (the fail platoon of course)

Kill the T1.

Sure I might turn blue.  Hell I could even be banned (although that hasn't happened ever yet).

If you were to banned for 1 hour, at least you had the fulfillment of killing the "retard" (sorry, but there is no other word to describe that player)

I don't TK them anymore, I did a few times in the past but now I just let them live, they can be semi-useful as scouts...

Sadly it's like that, it's WG the one that allows such things to happen, and to make things even worse, they're not punished for that and there is no sign of WG trying to stop this either.

Back when they had the highest XP missions, FTR posted a video of someone who fail platooned a BT-2 or BT-7 into a tier 10 game and set two E3s on fire for a huge XP game.

Still doesn't make it right.

I find TKing them makes you worse than them. Once lost a battle because the whatever low tier it was, managed to cap before our last survivor could return to base.

Generally I just ignore them until I think they may have the opportunity to contribute to a winning game. Which is almost never, of course.

TK the T1

Drive into cap

Other shittard shoots you, turns blue

TK him too

Good idea!  Had forgot about that instantly blue while in cap thing ...

I find TKing them makes you worse than them.

Don't care if you think I'm worse.  I probably am.  I would just like to state that I don't consider it TEAM killing as it is obvious the retard is not on my team as far as I'm concerned ...

Kill the T1.

This might now seem retarded, but in such an extreme case I often found that the lower tier platoon mates are newbies whereas the higher tier player is often pretty experienced (at least that was my experience when I ran XVM). So do you really want to TK the player that doesn't know what he is doing and trusts his experienced (to be read as in thousands of battles, not to be coinfused with skilled) friend or do you want to TK the real  culprit?

Also on the rare occasions that I have seen the higher tier mate being TKed it was usually quite funny to watch the low tier tank scratching the TKers paint job. This also fucks with the intention of the fail platooner (if it was done on purpose) since he did most likely not expect to be TKed himself, but instead expected the lowbies to incur the teams wrath.

However on that note: Simply don't TK them and don't write in chat about it (oter than possibly explaining why they got that crap MM if it was a fail platoon caused by inexperience i.e. a T4 and a T6, or a T5 and a T5 scout). If you rage at them and they did the fail platoon deliberately to troll you are just giving them what they want. Don't give them that satisfaction!

I just ignore them because as soon as I TK their lowest tier in the fail platoon, there's a HUGE chance they'll start TKing me(platoon mates) and then I basically lowered the chance to win even more.

Best tip is to ignore them for your own good. You won't accomplish anything by TKing.

This might now seem retarded, but in such an extreme case I often found that the lower tier platoon mates are newbies whereas the higher tier player is often pretty experienced (at least that was my experience when I ran XVM). So do you really want to TK the player that doesn't know what he is doing and trusts his experienced (to be read as in thousands of battles, not to be coinfused with skilled) friend or do you want to TK the real  culprit?

Also on the rare occasions that I have seen the higher tier mate being TKed it was usually quite funny to watch the low tier tank scratching the TKers paint job. This also fucks with the intention of the fail platooner (if it was done on purpose) since he did most likely not expect to be TKed himself, but instead expected the lowbies to incur the teams wrath.

However on that note: Simply don't TK them and don't write in chat about it (oter than possibly explaining why they got that crap MM if it was a fail platoon caused by inexperience i.e. a T4 and a T6, or a T5 and a T5 scout). If you rage at them and they did the fail platoon deliberately to troll you are just giving them what they want. Don't give them that satisfaction!

Completely agree.  I don't write in chat, I don't rage, I don't react at all, other than to kill the retard.  I don't care if I get blue or banned for an hour.  I don't care if others start shooting me.  I don't even get close to caring if we win or lose.

I'm sorry, but if you don't know you are bringing your team down when you platoon in your tier 1 with a tier whatver, you are retarded.  Anyone with 2 brain cells that rub together can figure this out, even before you ever play 1 battle.

I used to be a big noob, hell I still do very stupid things WAAAAY to often.  I don't have a problem with people doing stupid stuff.  But this?  No.  Sorry.

Why kill him?  That's simply troll food.

Let him be infinitesimally useful by eating an enemy shell.

Otherwise, it's no different than the ~400 WN8 IS7 platoon.  Do what you can to win, farm like a CHAI gai once the loss is assured, move on to the next match.

I used to TK them. Now i just call them retards and tell them to stop platooning with retard setups and continue to play the game, ignoring them completely. If the low tier one is useful for anything it's that it can take a shot instead of you, so better use that rather than just TKing him yourself, making yourself a potential TK target for the rest of his retard platoon.

So, I was talking to a friend of mine that plays the xbox 360 version and too my surprise they are treated like GODS??!

1. They can platoon up to 5 people.

2. Whatever tier the platoon leader picks people can only pick one tier lower of that vehicle and 1 higher (Depending on the MM of the tank).

3. They also have access to the EU server so they can grind easier in lower tiers because of the player base (also the ping isn't bad at all).

4. They have arty that doesn't have XVM!! My friend says arty rarely shoots medium tanks tier 8+ and mostly focuses on TD's and Heavys he has over 12k battles and has fairly good stats His win rate is ridiculous almost 72 ish with very low everything else compared to his win rate. (5 man platoons carry hard)

The point of this is why do we still have fail platoons when they fixed it on the xbox version why have they made the PC version harder to play and the xbox version so easy when they could easily make these changes to the PC version. Only thing i can think of is they are using the data they collect on the xbox to make proper changes to the PC version........ Lazy *** hats

1 hits never make you go blue, due to the possibility of an accidental kill

That's not a correct assumption. For example I was playing my ELC AMX and a teammate in a jackson shoots me once and turns blue. Never apologized either since he was a decent player. 

I don't really pay attention anymore, it's just not worth my aggravation. Sometimes people are just retarded, sometimes they like to troll. Report the fuckers for something fitting (whatever effect this actually has) and move on. I don't even like the idea of TK-ing them because ultimately it decreases the number of targets the enemy has to shoot at.

I find most of the fail platoons come during the morning. I think it was yesterday or the day before... but I saw a hellcat platooning with a t1. Both were acting so immature. Of course I raged at them and a little bit of profanity here and there, but it just seems to me you can't knock sense into retards.

1. Find name of highest MM spread tank(s) in the platoon.

2. Right click, report, "Unsportsmanlike Conduct"

3. ???

4. Profit.

yeah - this for me.

Suspect that half the time it's not even trolling but forgetting to switch menu option from random to training room before pressing battle (or platoon leader not pressing ready before pressing battle and so not realising that he's still in the previous tank.  Many ways to screw up.

yeah - this for me.

Suspect that half the time it's not even trolling but forgetting to switch menu option from random to training room before pressing battle (or platoon leader not pressing ready before pressing battle and so not realising that he's still in the previous tank.  Many ways to screw up.

Many ways to screw up, yet I never see a fail platoon with decent ratings ...

I usually report the highest tier or all of them for unsporstmanlike conduct and suggest other players in chat to do the same.

Killing them just helps enemy and lowers my income and brings totally nothing (sometimes the remaining fail platooners just kill you). They can still provide some vision or take a shot from enemy that would hit you instead.

TK the T1

Drive into cap

Other shittard shoots you, turns blue

TK him too

this

I would uninstall that mod. That way you can tk total retards.

hold down alt key while shooting... works like a charm.  I call it the "break glass in case of arty" button :P

hold down alt key while shooting... works like a charm.  I call it the "break glass in case of arty" button :P

This, to disable safe shot - had to use it a few times myself :)

My standard procedure in such cases:

1. Warn people that they should platoon same tier (can't be bothered to explain in more detail plus I don't mind tier 5 tank with tier 8 due to platooning with scout)

2. Watch for their reaction (some swear back, some start going randomly about the map shooting around)

3. If reaction suggests troll platoon, then either of

a) ask people in chat to report both for Unsportsmanlike

b) start pushing around the little bugger

c) press Alt+Left Click to one shot

4. Try my best to win the game despite the odds

5. ???

6. Profit

I have 6 ribbons or not doing team damage for 50 matches since that ribbon got introduced, so I'm not the TK type and was never banned for such (got blue for an hour once due to unbelievable RNG)