Sign in to follow this  
AuraDesruu

Any Experienced Chinese Tankers?

Since the T-34-85M mission is coming up. I wanted to make it easier for myself by trying to grind the Chinese heavy line this week and get the 113 researched by the end of November. So then I can grind the medium line for the mission and have an easier time since the modules were already unlocked because they share modules between the heavy and medium.

However, I'm struggling with the Chinese line and don't really understand the play style of there tanks. I'm on the Type T-34 and try to play it like a Russian med but fail to.

Advice on Chinese heavies and mediums?

So you're going down the med line to the wz-120? 

Going to grind the chinese heavy line first since the modules carry over to the medium line.

Going to grind the Chinese medium line when the T-34-85M mission pops up in december.

Yea I know, just going down the light line will get you the second 100mm on the wz-120 if your no willing to free xp the turret & tracks to mount the 122mm right away... and the light tanks are more fun, but don't really know how they stack up againt's the new lights?.. The T-34-1 is great, but the T-34-2 is meh, but will teach you how to play the rest of the line with the 122mm.

Yea I know, just going down the light line will get you the second 100mm on the wz-120 if your no willing to free xp the turret & tracks to mount the 122mm right away... and the light tanks are more fun, but don't really know how they stack up againt's the new lights?.. The T-34-1 is great, but the T-34-2 is meh, but will teach you how to play the rest of the line with the 122mm.

Dont like light tanks

Edit: I also believe that if you unlock the 113

You get the top gun unlocked on the WZ-120

122mm 60-122T

Oh...

uh...

spam T-34-1 all day erry day? Think mini T-44 one tier lower.

I've seen enough of Garbad's replays in the T-34-1 and played enough of the T-44 to know that the two are hardly alike, especially in gun stats Tier for Tier and relative protection levels. That's assuming that you don't use the T-44's 122mm (if you do, wtf is wrong with you?).

Whereas the T-44/100 has decent gun depression and surprisingly good gun handling that I remember being akin to a slightly worse 140 in exchange for meh alpha and poor penetration, the T-34-1 has awful bloom and gun depression for alpha that wouldn't be all too shabby on a Tier 7 heavy and high penetration.

T-44 is like a more scouty Pershing with less turret armor (still usable) and less view range but faster and with better camo; the T-34-1 looks like a WZ-120 scaled down to Tier 7.

I would go straight for the 121.

The heavys are OK, but they are still bad when stock and 113 is... underwhelming. It's not worth the grind, at least not until you get every other tier 10 heavy tank in the game.  :beard:

Type T-34 is just a Russian clone and not a typical Chinese tank. It has nothing in common with higher tier Chinese tanks. Same for Type 58. I'm not exactly sure what problem you have using these tanks as they're just generic t5/t6 mediums, and don't have any special playstyle. Have you played Soviet ones? Or Germans meds of those tiers (without derp guns)? It's the same thing.

As for heavies, cover your lfp.

Advice on Chinese heavies and mediums?

Chinese line in general:

Unlock the IS-2 before you unlock the T-34-1 or WZ-131, this will automatically unlock the 100mm gun without having to research it on the tier 7 medium or light. I think this applies to some engines as well, just have a thorough look at stock configurations before you start unlocking stuff from the Type 58.

Mediums:

Skip the T-34-2 by going up the light line. Or just stop at the T-34-1.

Both the Type 34 and 58 are bad compared to the other medium tanks in their respective tier. The 58 might even be the worst tier 6 medium in the game right now.

As you'll have to grind out a lot of XP on the Type 58, simply get comfortable with the idea of using a lot of premium ammo to little effect and never think you can out DPM anything just because you have neither pen nor accuracy. You can't in most cases.

Heavy tanks:

General:

Decent to good speed for heavies, people who are good in medium/heavy hybrids tend to do good in these.

IS 2:

I played the IS-2 when it still had 300mm pen HEAT and the old HEAT mechanics still applied. So my experience will have been vastly different from yours. I'd guess these days the main difference between both ISs is that the Soviet one will produce more troll bounces because of its stepped front armour while the Chinese one will be slightly more consistent in bouncing <140 pen guns because you can angle it a bit more.

110:

Hide your lower frontal armor plate, keep your pike pointed towards the enemy, and proceed to bounce everything that's not a tier 10 spamming premium ammo. Basically nobody knows about your frontal weak spots besides the LFP and will only hit them by accident, at best. Side and rear armor is rather bad.

Even the LFP is better armored then several tier 8 heavies are at the strongest point of their frontal armor.

Face hugging tanks that can't shoot down on the turret produces good results.

Likes to burn, not because the engine goes up in flames but because the rear 2/3rds of the tank are made up of fuel storage that goes up if a tier 6 sneezes at them. Don't get any ideas about running this tank without a fire extinguisher.

Gun is okay, basically one of the classic tier 9 medium guns with worse soft stats and aim time.

You can bully tier 7s and below easily as long as you keep your front pointed at them as they either can't hope to penetrate even your frontal weak spots, or their gunnery soft stats are so bad they have little hope to hit anything they could penetrate as long as you keep moving.

WZ-111 1-4:

An IS-8 that actually works. Its frontal hull armor is a definite downgrade from the 110, the turret is better although the cupolas are still pretty big, and you gain a small strip of spaced side armour that can troll shitters who spam HEAT and can't aim.

If you can go hull down the enemy is in for a lot of trouble. Gun depression is still decent.

Mobility is very good for a heavy and you pack a lot of puch for a tier 9 of that class.

Force peek-a-boom engagements against heavies and mediums whenever you can, and try to flank or go hull down against TDs. It usually pays off to support medium tanks who know what they're doing in the early stages of the game. Well, as long as they're actually trying to secure good early positions. This tank won't make you too happy if you're trying to snipe through most of the match.

Edit: Orthography

Edited by _Goliard