KenadianCSJ

Differences between EU and NA?

Its connected to the amount of goldspam.

You have to realize that on NA, if you're a half decent player, you can make at least 5k/week from skirmishes (if you have a solid team, it should be 10k/week). 1-2 weeks of skirmish combined with clan gold payouts usually pays for a solid month of gold spam.

I honestly don't see why you wouldn't shoot gold on NA server.

I do feel bad that EU servers don't get the luxury of making such easy gold, but don't come on forums with your holier-than-thou attitude being like "oh EU so gud cuz EU don't shoot gold." Please.

Due to the larger player base the MM has it easier to select the teams on EU. One purple and 3 blues on one team and 15 total noobish retards (including me) on the other team is NA specific. The daily WR is more influenced by the MM. On the long run it equals.

Gold spamming is something NA specific. Even in lower tiers.

Due to the larger player base the MM has it easier to select the teams on EU. One purple and 3 blues on one team and 15 total noobish retards (including me) on the other team is NA specific. The daily WR is more influenced by the MM. On the long run it equals.

Gold spamming is something NA specific. Even in lower tiers.

No. The matchmaker does the same on EU.

And it comes in batches / series. Either you are in the shitter most of  the time, until suddenly it switches and you are in roflstomper most of  the time.

Evens out in the long run, but still annoying.

The matchmaker does not care for player stats, only for tank weights.

I'm going to claim matches tend to be less lopsided on EU than they are on NA.

Completely anecdotal evidence:

110+ Churchill III games on EU and I've never seen a blue/purple platoon in T67s or Hellcats. Any kind of padding platoon seems much less common over there.

Might-even-be-somewhat-valid evidence:

Average WN8 on EU is 100-ish points higher than on NA. One of the major reasons why possible WN8 points are lost in a match is when one side gets rolled without doing much damage or is incapable of inflicting losses in return. The rFragcMax cap also reduces WN8 points on the winning team on a complete wipe.

My experience on the NA server wasn't that much different than on the EU server, however I thought NA players were mostly complete retards or WNx farmers, in a sample size of 200 battles, I didn't manage to see much teamwork..

d6tmd.jpg

I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry.

I really wonder what you must do to get chat banned. I call retards retards constantly, tell them that they are so stupid as of yet undiscovered amoebae on Uranus laugh with them, and I've never been chat-banned.

I got chat banned most recently due to insults, basically because I talked back.

There was an arty player who literally called me out because he missed four shots on me, and said I was cheating, I said to stop acting like a retard and aim on somebody else, he went butthurt and I went troll mode and then I was banned the day after.

I'm going to claim matches tend to be less lopsided on EU than they are on NA.

Completely anecdotal evidence:

110+ Churchill III games on EU and I've never seen a blue/purple platoon in T67s or Hellcats. Any kind of padding platoon seems much less common over there.

Might-even-be-somewhat-valid evidence:

Average WN8 on EU is 100-ish points higher than on NA. One of the major reasons why possible WN8 points are lost in a match is when one side gets rolled without doing much damage or is incapable of inflicting losses in return. The rFragcMax cap also reduces WN8 points on the winning team on a complete wipe.

d6tmd.jpg

1) NA matches are much more lopsided on NA!

2) Laugh.

Me last week:

73 battles, 54.8% wins, 3106WN8.

I got chat banned most recently due to insults, basically because I talked back.

There was an arty player who literally called me out because he missed four shots on me, and said I was cheating, I said to stop acting like a retard and aim on somebody else, he went butthurt and I went troll mode and then I was banned the day after.

So, just like I constantly do.

Somebody should just ask Der_Weisse_Mongol about this so we could all get an answer once and for all. Anybody knows the man?

You mean his account on the EU is unlocked again?  8)

Seriously, he keeps getting reported for *unsportsmanlike conduct" because 

4K+ WN8

Shoots prem ammo like its the NA server

Gives no shits about the tears

idk about that, but I watch his replays religiously, he uploads a lot on wotreplays.com and most of them are on EU, so... I guess he's unbanned?

The main difference between Youro's and the Yanks is in America they think 200 years is a "long time" and us lot think 200 miles is "far away". =D

Joking aside....

Three mediums that are all above average and top tier? On EU, these guys would usually team up and rape the shit out of a flank despite maybe having language barriers, they seem to see the importance of teamwork at least, but the NA players they either decided to farm damage on their own and later on rage because they lost.

I think this may be over the language barrier issue! You cant really communicate via chat so maybe us euro's compensate with a higher "awareness" of what the guys around you are doing?  IIDK Just a thought I'm only a fucking scrub I dont know my arse from my elbow....

I really wonder what you must do to get chat banned. I call retards retards constantly, tell them that they are so stupid as of yet undiscovered amoebae on Uranus laugh with them, and I've never been chat-banned.

I also wonder. I've regretted almost everything I've typed into the in game channel :tongue:

Weird, I get the opposite.

On EU I feel more free to take initiative and horde pubbies. On NA, if I move I get targetted the rest of the game, and my pubbies seem unable to tear themselves away from their chosen target. I feel like I need to be more careful and limit myself to making use of opportunities that arise, rather than taking own initiative.

Even more weird is I was agreeing with your earlier post and some of blackzaru and Private_Bert..

You wrote:

-"I also find that while EU basecamps more, once they get moving, they keep moving. NA quickly moves away from base to "their" position, and then don't bulge.

Perhaps linked to this, I find the EU player to be more easily distracted, and NA more tunnel visioned. If you don't pop up ina certain location for a few seconds, the EU pubbie is already searching elsewhere. On NA, if you pop up in the same location 2 minutes later, be sure that pubbie is still aiming there, regardless of other opportunities or having been shot."

For me this is a advantage on NA because it is like a chessboard. You know once the enemies are spotted if this is going to be a easy win or a good fight or simply a bad loss.

Often the enemies will stick to the plan and not wander around and screw  you up.

Both sides seem to start with the mentality of defending their territory, even the "push" seem to be slow and trading shot for shot. Getting to enemy base doesn't mean it's a win, there will be plenty of defenders. I got many good games like this because I am simply alive longer.

The EU servers things can go really bad really fast because you never can count on the tankers to be holding positions or defending base or even attack when time is running out. Losing in 3 minutes to 5 minutes happens on EU while I find it's rare on NA.

In short you can fight the enemies with a good medium tank with little to no unpleasant surprises on NA as opposed to EU where some weirdos will pop up behind you because team mates leave to much of the map open for grabs.

Anyway all imo.

FYI One of the NA streamers tells he is permanently chat banned on NA servers, so yeah could be something we should remember next time we feel like chatting up arty.

You have to realize that on NA, if you're a half decent player, you can make at least 5k/week from skirmishes (if you have a solid team, it should be 10k/week). 1-2 weeks of skirmish combined with clan gold payouts usually pays for a solid month of gold spam.

I honestly don't see why you wouldn't shoot gold on NA server.

I do feel bad that EU servers don't get the luxury of making such easy gold, but don't come on forums with your holier-than-thou attitude being like "oh EU so gud cuz EU don't shoot gold." Please.

God forbid i dabble into something like that, is same result with and without goldspam same or different skillwise, i dont care TBH. Most/all eucums would have no trouble goldspaming, we jsut chose not to. My comment was tied to amount of autoaim between eu and na, goldspam enables more liberal use of autoaim, nothing more nothing less. Is aiming and shooting a display of skill, again, i dont care.

d6tmd.jpg

Laugh or cry how much you want, my winrate dipped because the last 2k games has been almost completely solo and I've been grinding tanks I'm not really that good at, it's not until recently I actually started caring about winning more than doing good.

I'm doing my best to get better at this game, but is it really necessary at all to comment on this? Is it relevant to anything, besides that I suck at winning? 

Yes I have no clue how to use pubs to my advantage, neither do I have the best understanding of how the flow of the game dictates; but at least I'm trying, learning step by step. I've been focusing on my own performance at first hand, because well, I need to start somewhere right? Things go step by step and not all players are just naturally good at this game.

Three mediums that are all above average and top tier? On EU, these guys would usually team up and rape the shit out of a flank despite maybe having language barriers, they seem to see the importance of teamwork at least, but the NA players they either decided to farm damage on their own and later on rage because they lost.

And das why I like EU.

I didn't notice the incredibly harsch insults on NA though, which is far more important to me. If a player gets hit by arty on EU they will rage completely, wishing cancer instantly and sperg the entire game.  (Yes I've been one of the spergers, really working on it though. Being chatbanned three times makes you re-think things). 

Just mute chat and be done with it, please. Good for your brain.

People seem to rage more in general on EU, maybe it's because the language barriers, maybe it's because different cultures. But my experience in gameplay was better on EU, and in actual fun on NA, being able to talk to players really should help teamplay though...

No its because of the Borat culture. EU is way more Borat esque than NA and Russia along with other чуркаlands is more Borat than EU. It kind of works like a continuum I think, with China being a little less Borat again than Mongolia.

I like you high five!

Laugh or cry how much you want, my winrate dipped because the last 2k games has been almost completely solo and I've been grinding tanks I'm not really that good at, it's not until recently I actually started caring about winning more than doing good.

I'm doing my best to get better at this game, but is it really necessary at all to comment on this? Is it relevant to anything, besides that I suck at winning? 

Yes I have no clue how to use pubs to my advantage, neither do I have the best understanding of how the flow of the game dictates; but at least I'm trying, learning step by step. I've been focusing on my own performance at first hand, because well, I need to start somewhere right? Things go step by step and not all players are just naturally good at this game.

I'm not sure what he's pointing out, perhaps that WN8 is inflated on EU compared to win rate or something.

But I wouldn't be surprised by low win rates over the previous couple of weeks though. The meta on EU felt like it went through a phase of over aggressive yolo derp where you had no time to work the teams and the only winning strategy was to lemming harder. It was only this weekend where the player base settled down and the games slowed down enough to start work in an advantage for your team.

I think any comparisons between servers are going to be slightly biased by the time of day / week / specials cycle / aggressiveness trends that happen to be going on at the times that are played.

But I wouldn't be surprised by low win rates over the previous couple of weeks though. The meta on EU felt like it went through a phase of over aggressive yolo derp where you had no time to work the teams and the only winning strategy was to lemming harder. It was only this weekend where the player base settled down and the games slowed down enough to start work in an advantage for your team.

Oh yes, absolutely this. And usually all yolod one side, but lose the flank anyway.

I played from Beta for several years on the on EU server but quit the game completely about 3 years ago. This year I re-rolled on the NA server to be able to play with some of my US friends and the first thing that struck me is how civilized it is on the NA side. On the EU servers you get far more trolling in chat and rude behavior. I know it is quite politically incorrect to say but there are certain nations/player base more than other that not only notoriously play worse but also troll far more in chat. Playing on NA is on average a far more pleasurable thing and it feels that the NA player base is just that more team oriented. 

But, I can only speak for pub games. Never did organised playing on either ;-)

I played from Beta for several years on the on EU server but quit the game completely about 3 years ago. This year I re-rolled on the NA server to be able to play with some of my US friends and the first thing that struck me is how civilized it is on the NA side. On the EU servers you get far more trolling in chat and rude behavior. I know it is quite politically incorrect to say but there are certain nations/player base more than other that not only notoriously play worse but also troll far more in chat. Playing on NA is on average a far more pleasurable thing and it feels that the NA player base is just that more team oriented. 

But, I can only speak for pub games. Never did organised playing on either ;-)

I get the complete opposite experience. Not because Na players are worse, but just because more of them speak English.

Though you're correct that the British tend to be worse players and bigger (bigoted) trolls on EU.

I get the complete opposite experience. Not because Na players are worse, but just because more of them speak English.

Though you're correct that the British tend to be worse players and bigger (bigoted) trolls on EU.

I was funny enough not referring to the Brits. =D I was thinking of a fairly big contingency of Eastern European players (not counting the Russians here, of course) that tend to be extremely vocal in chat but average well below in game play. "Siema", anyone?  :verysmug:

I was funny enough not referring to the Brits. =D I was thinking of a fairly big contingency of Eastern European players (not counting the Russians here, of course) that tend to be extremely vocal in chat but average well below in game play. "Siema", anyone?  :verysmug:

All I ever see is players claiming that and raging against people for it, but I've rarely actually seen a high battle count Polish siema-spamming baddie. They are turn out to be British, German or French.

Huh, got an email about my EU account telling me I've got that 25 daily gold mission for all of December. Might be worth playing it.

All I ever see is players claiming that and raging against people for it, but I've rarely actually seen a high battle count Polish siema-spamming baddie. They are turn out to be British, German or French.

We have one polish forumer who is a 45-46% WR tomato who has a ton of t10 TD's and spams gold 400mm rounds without penning anything. He just grinds the tanks hoping to find something that will make him a good player. He converts a ton of free exp and buys a ton of gold and silver. Though yeah. Most polish scrubs are kids who play up to t8 and most of them stay at t4-6 and then get discouraged. Though I think since a ton of EE people are poor (especially kids) I see a ton of even good players not going for higher triers. I wouldn't be surprised if a smaller % of the EU community played high triers compared to NA for monetary reasons 

Dunno about NA but the recent EU meta is maximum lemmingzerg in the same corridor , 50-75% of the map empty of allied presence ? no fucks given. For instance erlenberg south spawn (assault mode or not ) abandons the right flank pretty much 100% nowadays and often even the middle river buildings.