156 members have voted

1. 1. Best t9 TD?

• 704 - Russian Biased 2012 style
    • SU-54-122 - Best at looking badass
    • Waffle4 - If it were made a t10 it would still be the best sniper in tier. That's OP defined.
    • JT - I dunt care if its bad, I like to roleplay as a nazi.
    • T30 - armor + boom
    • T95 - let's be real the T95 is slow but overpowers anything and everything it sees
    • Toituse - I like turtles.
    • Foch - The most boxy tank in tier is always the best.

First replay:

http://wotreplays.com/site/1364003#self

500 Garbad Points to the first blue or lower who can answer these:

1.  I often say the way to win when your team lemmings is to support the lemming.  Why didn't I do that here (IE, what is different, why does it matter)?

2.  Evaluate my usage of hull down this fight -- gud, bad, kewelian?  And what points did I expose myself to risk unnecessarily?

3.  How in the fuck did that blue AT pen my turret?

4.  How right was the T37?

5.  What did I do well, and what could I have done better?

Interesting challenge for a potato like me.

Without looking at other postings I'd say:

#1 Hill to the east and 1-line are the 2 general fighting areas. Although there was a tendency to lem too hard on hill in this case

somebody has to block that 1-line. A t30 in this case is the perfect beast for this task. You know you got that perfect hull-down spot.

You know as an excellent player it is pretty much impossible for anybody to get to your side in such a narrow corridor. Your alpha

will dominate them. With only 1 arty in the game you could do your stuff pretty unchallenged.

#2 You hull-downed pretty good I'd say- the only thing that struck me was that you could have combined it with sidescraping a bit more.

#3 You didnt get commander hurt- so I'd say the blue player must have managed to hit the small but possible weakspot on your turret-cheeks.

With laser-guns like the 10.5 in the E50-M this is quite a viable spot to aim for. A blue player probably knows this. Congrats to him for doin it

in an AT-15

#4 He says the obvious but it is still important. Reading the stuff on wotlabs has made me creap into the dark green/light blue area on tier 9/x

and you are one of (if not the most important) contributor/s.

I will never be a purple(I am 49 with ditto bad reflexes and bad keyboard and mouse habits

extremely hard to get rid of after 27k games) but I would have kept on being light yellow/orange forever if I didnt read postings like this one.

Now I am able to enjoy med play and be a contributor in my M although I am not good enough to carry games.

#5 You cannot be critizied for a lot but I noticed

-your very first shot could have been directed with more purpose on the autoloader instead of the extremely difficult and fast-driving 12t

-your first shot on the AT should probably have been aimed at the machinegun-bulb in the hull with that angle.

The most important thing was that you took control of a critical part of the map and kept it. 

Overall.  Although tbh next time I might ban blues and say only greens.  Blus are too gud.

Maybe I got lucky?

KJaeA6l.jpg

I hope they'll fix that exploit, since it's a lot of fun to analyze this stuff. Pls gib more, Garbad \o/

Ok pubbies, I don't want to let this get too stale, so I'll upload the replays to wotreplays (they have a checker for the exploit).

http://wotreplays.com/site/1435494#lakeville-garbad_the_weak-t30

1.  There is a clear and easy way to win this match.  What is it, and why?

2.  Early game, I blap an IS-6.  What do I do to maximize my chance of hitting/penning him?

3.  What did I do well and what could I have done better?

http://wotreplays.com/site/1435501#himmelsdorf-garbad_the_weak-t30

1.  What are the implications of the team composition/map?  How do I decide to counter this?

2.  What do I do to avoid cancer as I fight in the D6?

http://wotreplays.com/site/1435509#airfield-garbad_the_weak-t30

1.  Early game I hesitate, then push up (right before the T57 fires into me).  Why did I do this, and was it a good decision?

2.  Evaluate the play of the J100, based on what you can see (and the rage in chat).

http://wotreplays.com/site/1435519#siegfried_line-garbad_the_weak-t30

1.  My team lost a lot of HP early, and the enemy massed on the F line.  What is the best counter to this?

2.  The RNG trolled me pretty hard.  What could I have done to avoid this?

http://wotreplays.com/site/1435526#sacred_valley-garbad_the_weak-t30

1.  Early game, I deploy to B2, which is the complete opposite of the Lakeville encounter.  Evaluate the strength of that starting position in this match.

2.  I have a 750 damage gun.  I land 9 hits.  What is the probability of all 9 hits rolling under 686, and why does SerB rig the RNG against me?

g8KfI6b.jpg

The one starred wonder rolls on.

Time for long poast!

Replay 1 (Lakeville):

1.  There is a clear and easy way to win this match.  What is it, and why?

It's Lakeville encounter, so get the fuck into town with some middle support and kick their teeth in. As for why you should do this, it's simple: The town has the cap circle, has most of the hardcover on the map (not counting the gigantic mountain) and reasonable locations for various vehicle types. In contrast, the valley is a long and narrow tunnel of the worst terrain in the game with practically no hardcover and leads to a useless area of the map that's bound to have camping TDs waiting for you. The middle road is a good supporting area for town but you cannot win the battle from there either. Finally, looking at team compositions instead of general map tactics, your team has an overwhelming high tier HT force, easily capable of taking control of the cap circle and church area. The enemy team has a lot of high tier TDs and while they can play in town, it is not their optimal location which can be exploited since they're forced to go there. Given that a lot of artillery is present as well, town is bound to be a crowded place, further enforcing your tank type advantage.

2.  Early game, I blap an IS-6.  What do I do to maximize my chance of hitting/penning him?

You aimed for his turret, which is the weakest part of an IS-6: The roof armor is only 30mm thick, IIRC, meaning that your gigantic 155mm gun overmatches is more than 4 times, guaranteeing a pen. The turret cheeks on the front are also very vulnerable to your 276mm penetration, so even if you missed the roof, you stood a decent chance of penning anyway.

3.  What did I do well and what could I have done better?

Things you did well: Shooting at the turret of the IS-6, since it's dogshit and the correct place to do damage. The shot you take at the T30 is a cheeky pubbie-aim one but with a good chance to hit and minimal exposure to retaliation, along with a quick withdrawal to cover. The shot on the SU-122-54 is good, with minimal exposure time and solid cover to retreat to: The ammorack is a nice bonus. You did well against the T-54 and the low roll on the Patton is bad luck.

Things you didn't do well: Shooting the IS-6 to begin with, while ignoring the T30 with LoS to you and who probably knows of your status, given the early battle chat. Also, poking for the Pershing when you know that arty was focusing you, which you are swiftly punished for (yes, he did HEAT you for 704 dmg). Two silly pokes have cost you 1436 HP and you have traded it rather poorly for 1268 damage of your own.

Verdict: I don't think you played particularly well in this battle. You lost almost all of your HP early on to two vehicles you should have been very well aware of. The artillery hit might have been forgiveable but the T30 one was just bad.
If you had 735 exta HP left, you could have laughed that Patton right in the face and feasted on the T95 while easily securing the game. You did enough to win but it could have been better.

Replay 2 (Himmels):

1.  What are the implications of the team composition/map?  How do I decide to counter this?

Your team has the advantage in terms of hill climbers (Lorraine, derpy lights) and the enemy team lacks said climbers, so it makes sense to cover the middle where you're able to go hull down, exploiting your turret and hopefully find some easy targets. Likewise, going mid has the advantage of getting early spots and shots into the enemy base that you unfortunately miss. You will also be able to cover any point on the map relatively quickly from your position, especially the heavy lane if the T95 shows up.

2.  What do I do to avoid cancer as I fight in the D6?

You drive up close to the relatively tall structures and engage tanks from a position that is effectively "hull down" to both traditional shots and shots from above. It would be extremely difficult for any artillery to lob a shell at you there. Your unfortunate T34 friend finds out why hugging buildings is essential to mid-play on Himmels, especially protecting yourself from the west as cancer is attracted to railroads.

You played the battle pretty well, considering your position of choice: You got early spots, you stayed cancer-safe and you moved out when you had to. The only things you could have done better was aiming slightly to the right of the S-51 to increase the chance of hitting (shell would have hit the upper structure) and the first shot on the T29 was bad and not needed. Nobody in the entire universe could have predicted the LT breaking there, so I won't count that miss.

Replay 3 (Airfield):

1.  Early game I hesitate, then push up (right before the T57 fires into me).  Why did I do this, and was it a good decision?

You hesitate because it's a common part of the meta for Airfield that some speedy tank (Bat, T54, Bulldog) drives up to E7 to spot and harass tanks in your location. Pre-aiming and hesitating slightly was not really a bad decision due to lack of cancer but driving up to the rock without checking the middle was a very bad move. It's extremely common for vehicles to sit there, especially autoloaders, since they can almost always get free damage on people passing by. I learned this the hard way myself. I assume you drove up because you got a bit greedy and wanted to put pressure on a team that looked like it was on its heels. Staying exposed in an attempt to pubbie-aim some damage on the T57 was even dumber, though: You could probably have saved some 400 HP there.

2.  Evaluate the play of the J100, based on what you can see (and the rage in chat).

Maybe my replay was broken or something but I didn't see any rage in chat at all, only a T95 mocking the JPE once for shooting HE, so I cannot evaluate that bit (RIP Garbad points). However, it seems like the JPE100 spent most of the battle being completely ineffective: 10 shots, 10 hits and 7 pens for 3800 dmg and 4 kills isn't impressive on a 1050 dmg gun. Maybe the chat bit had something about him accidentally loading HE or whatever that I couldn't see but the fact that he spent his time shooting at a T95 instead of covering you and the Bat wasn't a good move. He did fairly well in the last stand but that shit doesn't count for anything when the objective is winning.

You did well by going to get the damage on the Cent while the T57 was reloading and up until you hit the T28, since you were locking down the enemy progress. After that point, you should have realised that your teammates were losing horribly on your flank and tried to at least keep the enemy T34 away. Your back camping TDs can cover the southern hill quite easily on their own anyway and a cap rush was unlikely. As previously mentioned, you should never have driven out and lost most of your HP to a T57 heavy, which is what basically lost the game for you: If you had another 1100 HP, it wouldn't have been too much of a problem dealing with the low HP enemy leftovers and supporting your TDs in a cleanup.

Replay 4 (Sieg):

1.  My team lost a lot of HP early, and the enemy massed on the F line.  What is the best counter to this?

I'm afraid there's a risk of low Garbad points on this one because I have honestly never experienced this going well for the enemy team, due to the way the EU meta typically works (there are almost always tanks around G6, F6 and F5 to prevent this sort of thing and provide spots for field campers). If they ever succeed in taking F5+6, it's usually because the 8, 9 and 0 lines are fucked already or the entire defense + field got outplayed. Anyway, the best way for you is probably going hull down on the rubble to your left at F8, allowing you to shoot across, and getting tanks to G6, your side of F6 and to F7: Your Tiger P also has a fairly nice spot and I've seen IS7s work wonders from there, although his tank isn't exactly ideal for it in that match-up. Either way, it would be nice with a god counter explanation since I really never see such a hard rush for that position.

2.  The RNG trolled me pretty hard.  What could I have done to avoid this?

No one can prevent RNG itself but you certainly didn't have to use your repair kit that early against a KV-5: That tank isn't much of a threat to you and there was no arty in the match. Perhaps the ammorack could have been avoided by going to the F8 rubble next to you instead of shooting the KV-5 but no one could really have predicted that.

You were a little too aggressive, considering your tank has no hull armor and you didn't take a hull-down position: Had you gone to F9, considering the lack of arty, you could have wrecked the JT from a hull-down position and prevented the rush from that side while being in a reasonable position to help vs the F-line push. You made some good shots vs JT and KV-5 but I was not impressed by you holding your shot vs the T-34-3 instead of blapping it through the car. Even worse is that you aimed way too far right and ended up tracking it. I also think that you should have risked going to the rubble on your left after getting ammoracked because your position was not a very good one and the JT would get you anyway if the ST-I left (which it did).

Replay 5 (Sacred):

1.  Early game, I deploy to B2, which is the complete opposite of the Lakeville encounter.  Evaluate the strength of that starting position in this match.

Garbad, your tank doesn't even touch B2 but I would be very impressed if you could take it on a mountaineering trip like that. Under the assumption that you mean C2 (and 3), it's a pretty strong initial defensive position with plenty of escapes and flanking positions, plus good opportunities for attacking play. Despite the massive overhaul by WG, it didn't really change the fact that even on encounter mode, winning the north is the same as winning the map: It allows you to put tons of pressure on the middle area and thus also opening paths to the cap zone and southern camping locations. Trying to cap on this map has always been semi-suicidal on encounter due to the camp-fest, so the risk of that is relatively low in the early game.

2.  I have a 750 damage gun.  I land 9 hits.  What is the probability of all 9 hits rolling under 686, and why does SerB rig the RNG against me?

The probability of that is reasonably high when 7 of those hits are against tanks with lower HP than that. As for SerB, he rigs because that's how he gets his jollies: Don't tell me that you wouldn't do the same if someone let you introduce a horrible RNG mechanic to the Goons in EVE. As a sidenote, I had 12 E-100 shots in a row across 3 battles a little while ago that all rolled below 730 damage and only 2 of them were killshots: Now THAT is rigging.

You time your reload, aim time and exposure well throughout the battle and pick your targets correctly. You also move quickly when fired upon and take cover in a way that doesn't prevent you from firing back for long. The only slight negative is shooting your teammate's gun for no real reason. Basically, you played this game close to perfection and there isn't really anything bad I can say about it.

I'm currently working on answering the rest of the questions, but in the meantime here's my answers for the first to replays.

#1 Lakeville, Encounter

1. Take control of town, and forget about Valley. This is because it is encounter mode. In this game your team has a clear advantage in heavies, so aggressively winning town shouldn't be too hard. I mean, unless a lot of your team is too passive.

2. Well, your shot hit on the roof of the IS-6, which the T-30 can easily overmatch, but it looks almost like you aimed at the top of the turret front just left of the gun. You did this, I'm guessing, to reduce the chance that RNG could send your shot above the IS-6.

3. Good: you pushed into town, and did some valuable early damage. You force the enemy to push up by applying Pressure. You punished that enemy SU for giving you his side, and he went down fighting. Psychological warfare +10 that enemy cancer couldn't help but type instead of move! Bad: You had one bad auto aim shot on a Pershing that was never going to connect, and it put you in a position where cancer robbed you of a great deal of your remaining health.

#2 Himmelsdorf, Standard

1. Your team consists of less armored tanks for the most part, especially at the top-tier. This is of course a city map, so tanks like the T-95 and IS-8 could easily bully their way down corridors like the 7 line. You take up a position at D5/6. This position gave you an opportunity to get some initial spots on enemy cap, and almost yielded some early damage. Furthermore, this position gives you fairly easy access to crossfire on both the 3 and 7 lines.

2. After firing or being spotted, you duck behind that building while you're reloading.

3. Good: Your initial spotting on the enemy base gave your team valuable Intel on where the IS-8 was headed. Your crossfire on the three line undoubtedly helped that Chi-Ri hold the 3 line. You also made sure that tanks like that T-29 couldn't shift from one side of the map to the other without getting punished. Bad: I didn't see much wrong with your play in this game. You missed a couple shots, but RNG played more of a role in them missing.

Sorry these are coming in piecemeal, but here's another one done.

#3 Airfield, Standard

1. You were trying to get some free damage on any tank trying to get to the ledge at E-7. I think you pushed up because you spotted an opportunity to shoot at the enemy tanks, who were all focused on your Bat on the B-line. I think that waiting, for a few seconds, for the chance to shoot someone in the side as they rush up to the E-7 ledge really isn't that bad of a decision. If in the event someone actually runs up there it ends up being a great decision, and if nobody does then you're still in a good position to defend the E-6 passageway. I think the push-up into the enemy was one of those high risk high reward kind of moves. It potentially gave you an opportunity to put some valuable damage into the enemy, but it also opened you up to many different shooting lanes. Including, that T-57.

2. Well, he did do a lot of damage, and JP HE100 so OP. At least a third of his damage was done after the game was already lost, but he did attempt to assist in defending against the enemies J-line push. Actually, for a yellow player he didn't do half bad at selecting targets and maintaining what appears to be some semblance of map awareness.

3. Good: Even after losing all but 570 hp you managed to inflict over 3000 damage on the enemy. Bad: deciding to push-up early on cost you for no real gain. Furthermore, the loss of your HP so early on restricted you from being more aggressive and aiding in the local push for D/E-7.

Another one:

Is there a mismatch between your aspect ratio and the format you upload in? It looks like World of Flatpanzers. Otherwise, I support spreading Garbadian dominance onto the wider internets.

Here are the last two. Thanks again for taking the time and effort to do this.

#4 Siegfried Line, Standard

1. Hmm, not sure with the best counter for this is, but I suppose that's why I'm answering these things. For one thing, if your team members, who went field, would've spread out deeper into the field. They could have potential shots on the FCM and other tanks in that Far West side of town. Also, your KV-5 huddling in F6 should have maintained his defense of the six line instead of moving back. He's the one who allowed the WZ to get into a position to shoot down the F line at you.

2. Other than that shot that the T-34-3's tracks ate, I don't think that RNG treated you too bad at all. as far as, shots are concerned anyways. You could've possibly aimed the shot on the T-34-3 slightly better, but your engine is out, you're ammo racked, and you're getting shot from every direction. I mean, they see you rollin, they hatin.

3. Based on where your teammates were willing to move I think that you overextended yourself slightly. You still managed to do top damage on your team, but if you wouldn't have pushed up after your initial shot on the KV-5 you wouldn't have been as easy of a target to kick from every direction.

#5 Sacred Valley, Encounter

1. By controlling the northernmost passage, it allows you and your team to envelop the enemy's positions on the D-line. Besides, the cap circle on this encounter map is situated wide-open in the middle of the Valley, It's a kill zone.

2. Actually, only two out of the nine shots that did damage had the possibility of rolling higher than 686. Assuming a uniform distribution , you have around an 11% chance of having a damage roll at or below 686 twice in a row. However, it's probably a normal distribution given WG's love for sigma, but without more info, it's impossible to give it an exact probability.

3. Good: Garbad SMASH! You kept your gun hot, and never stopped moving towards the enemy. You did a good job at aiming ahead of that 1390, and even though it didn't payoff it was still a good move. Bad: I didn't really see anything that I thought could've been done better.

Ok pubbies, I don't want to let this get too stale, so I'll upload the replays to wotreplays (they have a checker for the exploit).

2.  Early game, I blap an IS-6.  What do I do to maximize my chance of hitting/penning him?

1.  What are the implications of the team composition/map?  How do I decide to counter this?

1.  Early game I hesitate, then push up (right before the T57 fires into me).  Why did I do this, and was it a good decision?

2.  Evaluate the play of the J100, based on what you can see (and the rage in chat).

1.  My team lost a lot of HP early, and the enemy massed on the F line.  What is the best counter to this?

1.  Early game, I deploy to B2, which is the complete opposite of the Lakeville encounter.  Evaluate the strength of that starting position in this match.

2.  I have a 750 damage gun.  I land 9 hits.  What is the probability of all 9 hits rolling under 686, and why does SerB rig the RNG against me?

1. City. Your team has a large advantage in bulky tanks like the 4502 and e75.

2. You aim at the turret roof, which is autopen due to overmatch.

3. You traded well on the whole, but it looked like you took some damage you didn't need to, like the ~750ish you took from the t6 cancer HEAT. BMing enemy arty was very well done imo, 10/10

1. They have more scouts, meaning they'll likely try to zerg over center. You go right up mid to try to stop them.

2. You hug the wall more closely than the T34 next to you, meaning cancer has shots on him, but not you. You then run to the far wall once you deduce cancer is located on or near the rail tracks.

3. A lot of your early shots missed. On the other hand, you did smash 3 line pretty well.

1. You wanted to shoot any of the mediums that might be rushing the hill. It wasn't necessarily wrong to think they would try it. I would not have tried to get a shot in the 57 though.

2. He camped in the back like a retard all game, his damage was meaningless.

3. You seemed to be a bit inactive, but then again you really couldn't push up without being shot to pieces.

1.Wear them down in a peekaboom war, hopefully. Though your team died too quickly for that to happen.

2. You might have exposed yourself a little less to the WZ and the others sitting on that road, but other than that nothing that I can see.

3. You took a good spot, but got wrecked due to module damage and melting pubbies.

1. It's a decent peekaboom spot, good for something with massive alpha and a slow reload like the T30. Unfortunately nothing really pushes you there, save the E-50 that gets murdered.

2. Something something working as intended

3. Nothing to say really, beastmode with massive alpha vs weaklings on the enemy team.

You called for sub-blue Pubbies so here I am. First replay review ever, please be kind.

1. Since it is Lakeville encounter and you have heavy tank advantage you must push town hard and bully for the win.

2. You zoomed in and aimed at his weak roof ensuring an overmatch while keeping yourself safe from the return fire which only bounced.

Did well

+schooled pubbies on uselessness of valley, especially in encounter, in chat.

+used 50/120 as meatshield while you were camping

+kept cancer distracted with banter and kept him out of the battle and ultimately killed

Could do better

-After the IS-6 I felt like you had two unfavorable trades giving up early hp which I think forced you into a more defensive posture moving to cap

1. Because the enemy has a T95 and IS8 they can lock-up tank alley. Rather than get locked into that line you cover the mid. No point going hill because you are too slow, and tracks leaves you vulnerable to long sight lines and takes longer to get to. You get screwed by RNG against the cancer you spot early on though...

2. You keep moving and ensure hard cover between you and cancer's likely firing positions.  A great example is the point after you tracked the T29. Many people would have stayed in the window through reload, but you pull out and shift back to the main mid opening.

3. I think you flexed really well, having made the choice to cover mid - you waiting until it was clear and began mop-up - many players would have stayed there much much longer. I also like the patience you showed on the Super-Persh - you considered the low percentage shot at the sliver he showed, but waited a moment and he gifted you with an open side - like you had ESP. I also like the early lights you secured in your scout T30.

I don't see what you could have done better other than be luckier with that first shot at the clicker.

1. I assume you hesitated because you aren't sure pushing that corner is a good idea. It doesn't seem like the push was a good idea given that the enemy T57 and Bat.-Chât hadn't been spotted and had a clear shot on your flank as the T57 showed.

2. He seemed way too passive - since there was not arty he had no excuse not to be closer to the fight and take advantage of his armor. I didn't see any rage other than the comment about HE. All in all he just secured some unimportant damage and kills in a battle that he didn't influence at all.

Did Well

+Gave up on E5 push and moved to E6 to provide mid-map control

+Used Cover & Concealment effectively once at E5 while repecting your sixth-sense

Could Have Done Better

-Though you had map control your gun wasn't dealing damage after the inital shot until sometime about 10:38 when you hit the T28.

-I wonder if having decided not to help at E6 you would have been better served trying to help against the water push once it developed - though TBH I am no heavy player and gave up on the T30 line at the T28 Proto.

Is there a mismatch between your aspect ratio and the format you upload in? It looks like World of Flatpanzers. 

Yes, I have 17 inch 4:3 monitor(EUropoor) and I upload in 16:9. There may be a way to fix this, but I am beginner in video editing, so if anyone knows any pro tips I am all ears.

Otherwise, I support spreading Garbadian dominance onto the wider internets.

Fenks.

Yes, I have 17 inch 4:3 monitor(EUropoor) and I upload in 16:9. There may be a way to fix this, but I am beginner in video editing, so if anyone knows any pro tips I am all ears.

Fenks.

The best way is just stick to your native resolution, really: I don't know if it's possible to do some trickery where if your graphics card can go high enough in resolution (1600x1200, for instance), you can set the game to 16:9 and 1280x720 in windowed mode and only record that section of the screen. I can't say to what extent the computer goes "pixels is pixels" vs apect ratio preservation (basically, your game may simply look wierd anyway). But IMO, I'd rather have a good 4:3 than a strecthed out 16:9.

The best way is just stick to your native resolution, really: I don't know if it's possible to do some trickery where if your graphics card can go high enough in resolution (1600x1200, for instance), you can set the game to 16:9 and 1280x720 in windowed mode and only record that section of the screen. I can't say to what extent the computer goes "pixels is pixels" vs apect ratio preservation (basically, your game may simply look wierd anyway). But IMO, I'd rather have a good 4:3 than a strecthed out 16:9.

I will try native resolution.

But I have one more done in stretched mode.

Since one of the shitlords approved all the answers so anyone could cheat, no points will be awarded for this set.  -_-

Lake Enc:

1.  Zerg town.  With a large advantage in t9 brawling heavies (TDs struggle to go around corners, autoloaders can't hold dirt, and the rest are soft) a city brawl should heavily favor us, especially if we get on cap first and force them to come out and into us to reset.  Since this is encounter, ditch has no value at all -- its just tomato bait to put yourself out of the fight for 5 minutes. 

2.  Overmatch the roof.  Because my gun caliber is more than 3x his roof armor, I can autopen him.  Thus, instead of trying to precision snipe a hatch, I aim at the point most like to hit the roof in general (or blast through his mantlet).

3.  Good:  Correctly identified the right strategy and executed it ok.  Used my pubbie as a meat shield against the T-54 derp, psychological warfare against the skycancer, good damage output.  Bad:  Traded poorly in two early peeks.  Overall it was acceptable but could have been a lot better if I didn't throw ~1500 HP away.

Hummelsderp:

1.  The T95 and IS-8 can simply walk down tank alley, and with IS/T34/etc support our team will struggle to win a peekaboom or frontal fight.  My initial thought is to abandon the typical tank alley peekaboom (despite my strengths there) and let them push to my side, where I can crossfire them with hull down.  At the same time, if they are passive and slow to push, I can provide fire support in middle or the right, so I'm not uselessly sitting as I wait for their attack.

2.  Hug the inside of the walls, and once its clear where the arty is, I specifically hug the inside of the walls on the right (which are in the shadow of his clicks).  I also just generally don't sit there on that corner, which although protected from tanks is an easy click for the sky mr sexiis.

3.  Good:  Opening move could have scored an easy chemo, the threat of my gun cut off a lot of their moment and gave me options to support a lot of places.  Anticipated and countered their team strengths.  Bad:  I was in a moderately risky place doing things that didn't directly do damage, and as a top tier TD in an urban game that's a big gamble.  It worked out ok, but its important to acknowledge the risk of what I did.

Air:

1.  I initially moved up to blap meds going for that upper self while hull down...but no one moved that path, and I saw my IOC 50B, bat, and friends derping down the other side.  It looked like a hard yoloderp of multiple of our key tanks into their defensive position, and I was concerned if they derped in alone we would lose too much team HP, so I moved up to support them with a crossfire.  Unfortunately for me, the T57 was in position to fire at me and savaged me.  In general, on NA its not common to see tanks there (at least nothing other than a small medium or light), so it was not a terrible decision, but it didn't work out well for me this time.

2.  When the game was on the line, his shots weren't landing.  But despite this, it was an ok effort -- he was in position to support, and its difficult to position a big TD on this map to do more than that.  For example had he been up front with us his inability to go around the corner would have just congested the area and probably been even less useful.  So on the whole, he was average -- not a game winner, but not a game loser either.  And that's ok.

3.  Good:  Correctly anticipated my own pubbies' tactics (ie, they would yoloderp around that corner into the defensive position no matter what, hemmoraging HP) and attempted to help them win (provide crossfire).  Correctly pulled out once I lost HP and tried to do something else useful (support our collapsing J-K line with the threat of my gun, if nothing else, and pray our retard derp won).  Bad:  Took too much of a chance supporting the retard derp, got blapped.  Overall:  This game was lost the moment my cancerous blues decided to push around into a large, entrenched enemy.  I saw this, and tried to help, but we simply lost too much HP on bad trades to win, despite my efforts to force the lemming train through.  Tactically, I was right on top of this one...but my efforts just didn't work.

Sieg:

1.  The counter to an F line is to crossfire them at the little U shaped choke as they come around.  Its hard to drive through, crowded, and vulnerable to attack from multiple angles.  If you have to, fall back and set up to meet them there. 

2.  Fuck the RNG.  Its possible that repairing tracks early wasn't a good call (there is a lot of risk just sitting there though) and my shot on the T-34-3 was poorly aimed, but otherwise fuck the RNG.

3.  Good:  At least I got my shots off.  Bad:  My team was way too passive and campy, leaving me overextended and too fat to handle getting attacked from the angles I was.  I assumed my team would have a standard level of competence, and then pubbie happened.  Not very good overall.

Sacred:

1.  Unlike lake enc, sacred enc the cap is extremely easy to defend.  Its also simply too far to push south, up a hill, and assault entrenched campers, so attacking north is the obvious route.  In addition, with so few hard tanks my hull down T30 could be a menace (and remember cancer spawns middle, so they can't just sit in back and click at me -- lights will probably spot them if they try to get to the usual cancer hole).  Fuck cancerous mr sexiis, incidentally. 

2.  Too lazy to calculate the actual probability, but its extremely low.  Praise Serb.

3.  Good:  Correctly read the field and put my tank in a good spot, then aggressively attacked to sweep out their scattered forces with good timing on shots and acceptable risk management.  Bad:  I could have been wrecked going after the panther, but it was still overall acceptable.  Overall, a good if boring game.

I'll review the greenies poast since he is a first timer:

You called for sub-blue Pubbies so here I am. First replay review ever, please be kind.

1. Since it is Lakeville encounter and you have heavy tank advantage you must push town hard and bully for the win.

2. You zoomed in and aimed at his weak roof ensuring an overmatch while keeping yourself safe from the return fire which only bounced.

Did well

+schooled pubbies on uselessness of valley, especially in encounter, in chat.

+used 50/120 as meatshield while you were camping

+kept cancer distracted with banter and kept him out of the battle and ultimately killed

Could do better

-After the IS-6 I felt like you had two unfavorable trades giving up early hp which I think forced you into a more defensive posture moving to cap

1.  100

2.  100

3.  100

1. Because the enemy has a T95 and IS8 they can lock-up tank alley. Rather than get locked into that line you cover the mid. No point going hill because you are too slow, and tracks leaves you vulnerable to long sight lines and takes longer to get to. You get screwed by RNG against the cancer you spot early on though...

2. You keep moving and ensure hard cover between you and cancer's likely firing positions.  A great example is the point after you tracked the T29. Many people would have stayed in the window through reload, but you pull out and shift back to the main mid opening.

3. I think you flexed really well, having made the choice to cover mid - you waiting until it was clear and began mop-up - many players would have stayed there much much longer. I also like the patience you showed on the Super-Persh - you considered the low percentage shot at the sliver he showed, but waited a moment and he gifted you with an open side - like you had ESP. I also like the early lights you secured in your scout T30.

I don't see what you could have done better other than be luckier with that first shot at the clicker.

1.  75

2.  100

3.  100 (I actually knew he would come forward since I saw him pushing the wreck)

1. I assume you hesitated because you aren't sure pushing that corner is a good idea. It doesn't seem like the push was a good idea given that the enemy T57 and Bat.-Chât hadn't been spotted and had a clear shot on your flank as the T57 showed.

2. He seemed way too passive - since there was not arty he had no excuse not to be closer to the fight and take advantage of his armor. I didn't see any rage other than the comment about HE. All in all he just secured some unimportant damage and kills in a battle that he didn't influence at all.

Did Well

+Gave up on E5 push and moved to E6 to provide mid-map control

+Used Cover & Concealment effectively once at E5 while repecting your sixth-sense

Could Have Done Better

-Though you had map control your gun wasn't dealing damage after the inital shot until sometime about 10:38 when you hit the T28.

-I wonder if having decided not to help at E6 you would have been better served trying to help against the water push once it developed - though TBH I am no heavy player and gave up on the T30 line at the T28 Proto.

1.  25

2.  50
3.  50