Meirzin

Hide your stats and your name?

- Storm states that it’s possible to theoretically implement “statistics hiding” by the method of hiding player nickname in battle (the player would only be displayed as “Player X”, with his full name displayed only after the battle). This option will be discussed by developers.

This is silly.

Advantages:

- Allows XVM (and Clan) Camo on main account. People who are tired to get focus fired will use it. I suspect at least one third of players in game will be "hidden".

- Allows for a more "quiet" experience. People don't bug you as much.

Disadvantages:

- Basically, almost only high skill players will use the option. Anyone else won't care. Thus, we will be able to assume hidden players are the "good" ones in a team, which will at least partially negate both advantages listed above.

- Negates the advantages of XVM. I use XVM for two things: learning and adapting my play.

- Learning: When good players do things I find odd, or say stuff in the chat, I'll pay attention and try to learn from it. Anyone else I don't care. With the "hidden" feature, that is not really possible anymore, because I won't know who I'm dealing with exactly.

- Adapting: When I see a flank with only "bad" players, I pay more attention to it. If my support on a flank is 5 "bad" players versus 2 "good" ones, I might decide not to push, or vice versa. This aspect won't be changed as much (because hidden = good), but still not as accurate as it could be.

- Makes the inter-player interractions difficult. Platton invites after game? Friend / Ignore? Reporting? In chat, when someone says he needs help at XYZ... wait, which one was it again?

Then what does this idea do to xvm users? If developers are talking about hiding fucking player names they should just ban the use of xvm. I guarantee you will see a server increase in player skill if xvm is removed. And btw it seems kind of unfair if xvm is still in use after player names are disabled. What about non-xvm users? I don't use xvm but one of the ways I judge my enemies are based on their names and clan tags.

Would be interesting if those of you with only 1 account hide your name and then realize "wait arty is targetting me all the same".

Then you realize arty is targetting you not because you're green/blue/purple, but because you're bringing your E100 to mid in prok.

*can't wait*

Disadvantages:

- Basically, almost only high skill players will use the option. Anyone else won't care. Thus, we will be able to assume hidden players are the "good" ones in a team, which will at least partially negate both advantages listed above.

This would be neutral to the current situation then, not negative?

I would insta hide my stats even though arty isn't focussing me that often (mostly in mid/lower tiers as there is usually someone better than me in higher tier games).
Why would I hide my stats? I don't use XVM stats and I don't want people to be able to use XVM stats against me. I am also convinced that you shouldn't have a stats mod in the game itself. Garage is fine, but during game play? Nope. Then again pubbies have sometimes started to listen to me after I turned green...

The question here, however, is would it hide clan tags as well? I'm guessing not. If it doesn't top clans are still screwed, the only difference is low tier clicker trash may not recognize the tags. Top tier players all know who -G-, OTTER, BULBA, VILIN, RELIC, etc are, and will focus them anyway. So this would be a pretty good buff for....MaxL

Would be interesting if those of you with only 1 account hide your name and then realize "wait arty is targetting me all the same".

Then you realize arty is targetting you not because you're green/blue/purple, but because you're bringing your E100 to mid in prok.

*can't wait*

That is my thought. I don't play arty and most of the people I platoon with don't play arty but the times I have played with arty players none of them have ever mentioned using XVM as a way to target players.

I am not a big fan of hiding player names. If you don't want people knowing who you are or what your stats are then don't play. To me this sounds like the people who claim that red light cameras are a violation of privacy. You are in a public place, there is no privacy and if you don't want to be on camera then don't go out in public.

Alot of people blame xvm for getting shot by arty but their are a lot of factors I have come to accept that are the reasons I get shot by arty.

•  Arty is most likely to shoot the first one lit RIP me for camping

•  People that don't use xvm still look at clan tags and if you're in a top 10 clan most the pubbies know of these clans

•  It doesn't help when every match xvm users say o7o7 SmyleeRage is a "God""Stat Padder" It's like the arty player was just sipping coffee until he saw that sentence and is like found my target this match

•  I have come to accept while pushing certain areas on a map its always common for arty to be looking their and from the list above why not shoot me

•  Sometimes I'm fucking stupid I sit out in the open 2 mins and get pissed off when I get hit by arty

•  When red players say in All Chat "Holy shit our platoon 1 is so fucking good they will carry us for sure" This seems to always happen when there's three arty on the other team.....

•  Some arty are actually smart enough to look how the battle is going and who is "carrying" the team when you have 6/8 kills don't expect arty not to hit you know matter how good of a player you are because at that point you're a threat 

The point being even if this feature becomes a reality you still will get hit by arty. 

For those of you that "Rage" at arty ingame please stop it you're adding fuel to the fire they play those things to make good players Mad/Rage!! If we all banded together and just put smylee Faces up every time they killed us. I guarantee in a month "half" the arty population would stop playing because it wouldn't be "fun" anymore if the good players didn't Rage at them something to keep in mind the next time you get artied.

I don't need to hide anything. I'm not good enough.

Good players try to get to key positions. If arty is not too stupid he knows this positions too and pre-aims.

Quote<<Sometimes I'm fucking stupid I sit out in the open 2 mins and get pissed off when I get hit by arty>>Unquote (SmyleeRage)

So true!

For those of you that "Rage" at arty ingame please stop it you're adding fuel to the fire they play those things to make good players Mad/Rage!! If we all banded together and just put smylee Faces up every time they killed us. I guarantee in a month "half" the arty population would stop playing because it wouldn't be "fun" anymore if the good players didn't Rage at them something to keep in mind the next time you get artied.

*sighs...*

*Alt-F4*