HawkT1

best t3 seal clubing tank?

Disclaimer: ---Yes I am aware of the ridiculousness and shame of posting a "strategy" question in a tier 3 clubbing thread for a pref mm tier 3---

Do people just derp around in the T-127 or do you post up with binos somewhere for vision abuse?  I randomly got it in a giveaway last weekend. 

I generally just brawl in mine.  In tier 3 games, I drive it like a heavy and bully the crap out of people. 

No question, t-127. Great frontal armor, credit bonus so you can sprem, and pref mm. If you pull a tier 4 match, play second line and don't get hit by big guns like the Lee. Otherwise, wreck face. It makes a decent little crew trainer as well, for getting to 100%-1st skill. I always keep a crew grinding in mine. Same for my t-15, and Locust.

The Locust is a little monster, but no pref mm. Again, all sprem, all the time.  

no Pz. S35 love? :sad: shame, thats a good tank...

Is it just me or is it impossible to actually get into tier 3 matches since 9.7?  Everytime I drive my t127 or locust, I get tier 4+ now.  lame

Has WG implemented the new MM rule for older/experienced players they promised couple of patches ago in 9.7?

Is it just me or is it impossible to actually get into tier 3 matches since 9.7?  Everytime I drive my t127 or locust, I get tier 4+ now.  lame

You aren't getting tier 5 in a t127. I would like to see a screen shot, if you are. AND if you are platooning with non-pref-MM tanks, then yes you will get 5s. 

I have been seeing more tier 4 than I did before. IMO

Has WG implemented the new MM rule for older/experienced players they promised couple of patches ago in 9.7?

Yes, AFAIK it's only for tier 3 and below, players with less than 2k (or some other number) battles get put together

You aren't getting tier 5 in a t127. I would like to see a screen shot, if you are. AND if you are platooning with non-pref-MM tanks, then yes you will get 5s. 

I have been seeing more tier 4 than I did before. IMO

no, I get t4 everytime in my t127 now

t4 or 5 in the locust

the 9.7 change has really hosed mm for my low tier premiums

Since the 9.7 changes, I've moved to tier 4 for my seal clubbing needs.  The T40 makes for an excellent clubber.  The tier 6 gun means you are never truly bottom tier.

Stuart I-IV has 64 AP pen and 121 APCR pen.  It can easily pen in tier 5 games, it is my favorite tier 3 non-premium.  For Premiums I gotta love my BTSV for the fast even though the t127 is better.

Since the 9.7 changes, I've moved to tier 4 for my seal clubbing needs.  The T40 makes for an excellent clubber.  The tier 6 gun means you are never truly bottom tier.

You don't think the speed, mobility and turret of the M8A1 makes it superior?  It's 57mm gun is fantastic, having excellent pen and almost as much DPM as the T40.  

M8a1 is pretty awesome, but you end up in some pretty rage moments when you fail to carry a tier 6 match but end up with 1200 dmg.

You don't think the speed, mobility and turret of the M8A1 makes it superior?  It's 57mm gun is fantastic, having excellent pen and almost as much DPM as the T40.  

They're both good.  I just do better in the T40.

Why no love for T-15? It wrecks on T3, is still competitive at T4, and can very effectively scout at T5. Out of the tanks I played more than 100 battles in, I have the best winrate in it.

Why no love for T-15? It wrecks on T3, is still competitive at T4, and can very effectively scout at T5. Out of the tanks I played more than 100 battles in, I have the best winrate in it.

The low ammo capacity, AP penetration, relatively bad APCR (if it can't reliably pen the likes of a Pz B2, B1, AMX 38, AMX 40's sides, etc. make it rather limited in it's carrying abilities. That, and scouting doesn't mean shit in T5 games when most pubbies there just started and have bad crews (So no long range sniping support, leaving you to die alone) and/or are completely oblivious to your spotting and roll along while your position goes to waste.

Also surprisingly prone to 75mm HE shells (as my M2 Medium found out once)

no, I get t4 everytime in my t127 now

t4 or 5 in the locust the 9.7 change has really hosed mm for my low tier premiums

I really enjoyed the Locust, Pz I C, and the T18. I've sold off most of my T3 tanks except for the Locust that I'm using to train my American light crew with. Going for a Chaffee later.

What I've read is that the cutoff is 2500 battles. I still have less than that. In 80-90% of my matches in T3 tanks, I'm bottom tier. In addition, I rarely see a game with all players at < 2500 battles. The theory is that there aren't enough seals to fill the pool, and that makes sense.

Frankly, I liked it better when we just mixed it up with more experienced players. I learned a lot in those games.

What I've read is that the cutoff is 2500 battles. I still have less than that. In 80-90% of my matches in T3 tanks, I'm bottom tier. In addition, I rarely see a game with all players at < 2500 battles. The theory is that there aren't enough seals to fill the pool, and that makes sense.

I've been getting much closer to 1/3 tier 3 battles in my locust.  And there will be 5-6 players under 2500 battles. So apparently there are just about enough "clubbers" to fill a battle.  Interesting, and unfortunate, that it isn't working out for you.  

Push on through to tier 5...the game gets much better there.  

Frankly, I liked it better when we just mixed it up with more experienced players. I learned a lot in those games.

This is my primary bone to pick with the sheltering.  Ideally, new players should be able to opt out of it if they want to do so.  

I sold off most of my T3s and moved on. I still have the T2 Tetrarch and the T3 Locust. The Locust can perform well as low tier. I agree that T5 is a lot of fun. I figure the MM discrepancy is because I play at off-peak times quite often.

Early on, I'd get killed quickly and then click around watching everyone else instead of ESCing out of the match. I didn't know about XVM then, but I could see what the better players were doing as well as the mistakes the other new players were making. I got sick of being slaughtered and became determined to improve.

I believe that people can be generally classed as homicidal or suicidal. Better to eat than be eaten I think. ;)

I haven't been playing any of my tier 3's lately but I have been playing my newly acquired T7 and Tetrarch once or twice a day and the wait times for matches are much longer than they used to be.  Very often the wait time to get into a match is close to 2 minutes. And I still see lots of players with less than 2500 games in those matches.  They should be more concerned with that rather than with seal clubbing.

The low ammo capacity, AP penetration, relatively bad APCR (if it can't reliably pen the likes of a Pz B2, B1, AMX 38, AMX 40's sides, etc. make it rather limited in it's carrying abilities. That, and scouting doesn't mean shit in T5 games when most pubbies there just started and have bad crews (So no long range sniping support, leaving you to die alone) and/or are completely oblivious to your spotting and roll along while your position goes to waste.

Also surprisingly prone to 75mm HE shells (as my M2 Medium found out once)

T-15's ammo capacity is 78 shells, it's not that bad...

APCR pen is 74 - good enough for sides of everything on 4, and most 5's (and with T-15's mobility, you can outflank everything).

And if you present the targets on a silver platter shiny enough, even a typical tier V player will shoot them.

Vulnerability to 75mm HEs is mitigated by the fact that it's nigh impossible to hit a moving T-15 with one :)