It's_Matra

[0.9.19] MatraMod Customisable Vanilla Modpack [Updated 28/04/17]

1 hour ago, Grasschopper said:

Ok no screenshots required, the NoScroll with adding a default zoom option worked perfectly.  When I installed your XVM it blew away some features I wanted and already had working like 2 row carousel and carousel stats.  I saw the 2 row carousel mod was in the pack but for the life of me couldn't find the read me file and I'm not sure where to put that file.  Also do you have the carousel stats mod (see image from current carousel)?

UJwUbxc.png

Regarding the AutoAim+ I installed this and it didn't work as it has for me in the past.  I still have to have the tank highlighted to auto aim it.

There is an option for 2 row carousel but not with the stats you show there, what you can do is take the carousel.xc from your previous modpack/mod and use it in place of mine to give you that :)

I won't be adding the extra stats as it looks out of place in the game but it's easy enough to do yourself by simple copy/paste

Will play with the autoaim when I get chance - thanks for the feedback!

Fixed the auto-aim so will upload that tomorrow along with a revised xvm config that matches what I'm after (still one little bug to fix but nearly there!)

Haven't had chance to test the noscroll issue yet but hopefully later tomorrow I can! Will upload changes tomorrow morning (Queen's time!)

UPDATE!!

Fixed Autoaim+ bugs so now works perfectly (as before). rev2 of the XVM config is nearing completion and will have two new features! Now when you press the left ALT key you will see where vehicles have died on the minimap (rather than being shown on the 'main' minimap like they are at the moment!). This massively de-clutters the interface (always a bonus) the lost vehicle details will also be changed slightly to clear up the minimap (and enable easier minimap sniping ;) ).

Why have I kept the dead vehicle feature? Well it's easier to see from a distance where half of your team have been slaughtered by a ghost TD without driving all the way to that location to find a bunch of husks at which point it's too late, you've been spotted and are about to die.

Second feature is dynamic information on minimap based on vehicle type, you don't need half the information when in say an SPG so the minimap is cleared of some more clutter (render range circle, max view range circle etc). This should be released on Monday now (delayed due to new ideas to implement) and gives me the weekend to test :)

Starting to like the new way of dealing with the minimap... much more efficient than before!

4 minutes ago, nemlengyel said:

Finally someone who doesn't just put random stuff together and calls it a modpack, but actually takes the time to improve & clean the source material!

Upvoted ^^

Thanks

It's probably my CDO that gets the better of me... it's like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder but more alphabetical :oscar:

Some of these bits do take time unfortunately but a lot of it is pretty much where/how I want it to look, when I get it just right something changes and means I have to do it again! Once all the little bits are sorted I will put together the 'all-in-one' pack.

Rev2 of the xvm config just keeps getting better by the minute as I keep finding new bits to tweak/make more efficient along with keeping my guide for it up to date (ish)

Right there is a (now) known issue with the NoScroll option on the zoom mod... you can zoom in using the scrollwheel (you should be blocked...) but you can't zoom out of sniper (working as intended) - this may take some time to fix.

Rev2 of the XVM config should be released tomorrow if all goes well with testing tomorrow morning. This should be alongside an 'all-in-one' version too

Upcoming changes:

Improvements:

• Improved minimap display (no longer cluttered during rampage modes and normal games)
  • Render distance circle now dynamic based on vehicle; Off for SPGs to help clear up minimap display
  • Option for 445m circle also now based off vehicle type (off for SPGs)
  • removed dependancy on vehicleNames.xc
  • removed dependancy on minimapAlt.xc for alternative minimap
  • removed custom icon dependancy on iconset.xc
  • removed dependancy on capturebar.xc
  • removed dependancy on battleResults.xc
  • removed dependancy on minimapSize.xc
  • more efficient code on hitlog
  • reduced file size further - even with addition of new features!

Fixes:

Fixed colourblind settings

New features:

Show dead vehicle locations on left ALT keypress (shown on minimap)

Removed features:

HP bars on minimap option removed until fixed - minimap changes made this more work! It may return on the future

31 minutes ago, Nalok said:

Edit: Scrap what I said! Problem was caused by the active dossier uploader. Apparently it adds files into the res_mods directory which caused the bug.

Still using your modpack, its great!

Have no idea what the original issue was :P but thanks for the feedback. I want to release the full all-in-one download but it appears as though the engine sounds are causing FPS drops when used with this zoom mod... really odd and trying to see how to fix it. If i mute engine sounds I don't drop FPS over time but with sounds enabled I can drop from 70 to 50fps after about 2-3 hours 

:damn:

Haven't had the usual extra day of the patch being out on RU prior to EU so stuff will take longer to get sorted as the zoom mod is undergoing some rather large changes (haven't had much time to test stuff lately - nor will I be able to tonight!)

Damage Panel is up and available though, rest of the stuff I plan to have in one pack by the weekend. Might have to lose some options (or ease of options) with the new zoom mod, will have to write more instructions as now an integral part of XVM. Working on how to get that working with freecam - without limiting the zoom more than standard (as in Quickybaby's modpack for example)

More stuff available, I have updated the zoom mod until I test/work out a way to have the replay freecam mod working alongside the new zoom features built into XVM.

I will continue to update this until I integrate everything, it works well as a standalone mod if you wish for it to be used as such.

XVM config is pretty much 99% done but just waiting for the odd bug or two reported to either be confirmed/denied or fixed then I can release that

Thanks for your hard work on these.  But, dude, is there any way you could host them somewhere else?  Every time I use your links, I get bullshit scareware browser hacks that take over my browser and try to tell me I have problems and need to download their viruses!

It's a pain!

Love your mods.  

Thanks for your hard work on these.  But, dude, is there any way you could host them somewhere else?  Every time I use your links, I get bullshit scareware browser hacks that take over my browser and try to tell me I have problems and need to download their viruses!

It's a pain!

Love your mods.  

I have been looking into my own website which would make life a LOT easier but time hasn't been my friend due to a few RL commitments (I have a wife and full time job to put before tanks and mods). My wife is a web developer and more than willing to help but she has also had a lot of stuff on her plate lately!

I've uploaded the latest XVM config too which is a WIP but it's in a working state whilst I work on the new zoom stuff. All tested this evening working OK

All in one pack is up! Will be working on updating the first post to include all the changes and details to make life a bit easier for some of you.

I will also be keeping track of the standalone zoom mod and if it's not that popular I will be (eventually) discontinuing it as it is now part of XVM

mantra, have u try PMOD mods?

i like short mod or minimize mod with 2 custom file in single folder.

Yes I have seen PMOD

and it's shit for customising unless you know what to change within a config. It's no better than a single XVM config and full of tonnes of other shite that isn't needed. I'm OK with XVM speaking to a server as it's open source and clearly visible what data is sent back... PMOD isn't

Yes I have seen PMOD

and it's shit for customising unless you know what to change within a config. It's no better than a single XVM config and full of tonnes of other shite that isn't needed. I'm OK with XVM speaking to a server as it's open source and clearly visible what data is sent back... PMOD isn't

but i like custom server cross and no scroll in single file.

but i like custom server cross and no scroll in single file.

Horses for courses.

This pack isn't designed for those who know what they are doing within configs, it's primarily designed for those who don't. I won't be changing the format of the pack anytime soon (unless I get the installer working but that requires a lot of time that I don't have :( )

The only piece of information overload I could handle - over and above what you supply - is an 'in match' WN8 score. The damage / blocked damage / tanking /platoon dmg numbers you have in there are really well done, but would love to see a WN8 field in that section one day. 

but would love to see a WN8 field in that section one day. 

I'll consider it, at the moment the 'in-game' WN8 calculators will cause an FPS drop (you're asking the processor to do additional maths - no matter how basic). If I find an accurate way that this is done - and done well - then I may add it in future.

Most calculators look at local resources that have to be kept up to date, blah blah blah. If it simply used the XVM data stored online then it would be a piece of cake. The local resources tend to be scrapes of said data and dumped into a file... why not just look online for it - even if only once on game startup to save on network traffic during a game! Too much effort for me to make my own from scratch now that my time is limited :( 

Matra getting this in the python log

ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
ERROR:   File "scripts/client/helpers/CallbackDelayer.py", line 54, in __funcWrapper
ERROR:   File "scripts/client/VehicleGunRotator.py", line 1083, in __update
ERROR:   File "scripts/client/VehicleGunRotator.py", line 1135, in __updateSound

get a config faield to load at the start

15 hours ago, Heavyshot said:

Matra getting this in the python log

ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
ERROR:   File "scripts/client/helpers/CallbackDelayer.py", line 54, in __funcWrapper
ERROR:   File "scripts/client/VehicleGunRotator.py", line 1083, in __update
ERROR:   File "scripts/client/VehicleGunRotator.py", line 1135, in __updateSound

get a config faield to load at the start

What other mods are you using? Possibly some sort of sound mod?

Does the config load in-game?