It's_Matra

[0.9.19] MatraMod Customisable Vanilla Modpack [Updated 28/04/17]

Might take me a day or two longer to get stuff working for the new patch as my game time tonight is 0 and won't be able to test anything until tomorrow evening at the earliest! - Still getting into the swing of things with new job/preparing for mini-Matra's arrival etc. :P

Updated a couple of the mods, those interested in the new vanilla zoom can take a look at the decompiled script attached. New settings are 2 4 8 16 25

Updated standalone freecam/zoom out mod and damagelog. XVM stuff will be tested tonight, there have been a lot of new additions over the last two weeks (of which I haven't really been able to even play - let alone test!) so I will release this once I am happy that it all works/looks good

SniperCamera.py

Getting some feeback that the autoaim+ might still work just fine on 9.15 but I have not tested this yet.

The new Battle Assistant SHOULD let you now follow the shell - just like World of Warships by holding the left Alt key - again I have not tested this myself yet, I do not know if it needs to be held before firing or during, all I know is once the camera is attached to the shell it cannot be re-attached (in other words if you watch mid-flight, then let go of Alt - you can't go back to see the shell)

XVM Config + full modpack will be released tomorrow This morning's dev version seems pretty stable so modpack and XVM config now available too, zoom options are going to be removed as the options in game are actually pretty damn good now!!

Zoom out will still be a standalone mod as well as in the modpack

Battle Assistant (well at least the version I have in the modpack) does indeed now provide a World of Warships style 'follow the shell' camera. Fire and hold the LEFT ALT KEY to witness the scumbaggery up close and feel so much dirtier.

In he next full version release of XVM you will probably find the filters go back to the 'old' XVM filters... the in game options are pretty good now - if only they allowed multi-lined carousels!

Whilst I have time; I'm working on the biggest changes since the modpack's (XVM config) original release. There will be some changes that some of you dislike and some that you love so shall see how we go. I felt like it could be more 'vanilla-ry' than it's current format and also work on getting the file size down even smaller whilst retaining the ability to easily customise.

This will probably be the last 'big change' until the mods all eventually get merged into the client anyway (fingers crossed on battle assistant and an autoaim rework!)

I'm sure I'm struggling with reading comprehension, but did you update XVM or not? The initial post says the modpack is slightly bigger than the XVM install, but I can't see and updated XVM link?

Or did you just use the 9.14 config with an updated xvm?

On 29/05/2016 at 3:10 PM, Nalok said:

I'm sure I'm struggling with reading comprehension, but did you update XVM or not? The initial post says the modpack is slightly bigger than the XVM install, but I can't see and updated XVM link?

Or did you just use the 9.14 config with an updated xvm?

My bad, all the stuff was updated apart from the details on the first post! It was all available and did work but the post still had strikethrough

Finally got around to updating the first post into the 21st century to reflect the later modpack design and released the new MatraMod2 design

There are some BIG changes with the new MatraMod2 release... the main one being that the mod is evn more 'vanilla-ry' than a vanilla pod in a vanilla icecream served with a vanilla macaroon. STATS ARE DISABLED BY DEFAULT!! - No more unicorn poop all over the screen!

(unicorn bae if you're Danish, yes I know it's the wrong character but it's how it's spelt in English :P )  

Stats are still available but you have to choose where you want them. This makes the game look so much better and to be honest... I've improved my game a bit more since turning all the stats off (about 4-5 months ago). It's much better without the distraction of too much information, just treat everyone as a 'good player' and you will be fine

This all works for the new football patch too, just rename 0.9.15 folder to 0.9.15.0.1 and update XVM via the nightly release of xvm, I will release an updated stable version once available which has a few bug fixes in.

Nightly XVM is currently bugged with garage filters and other bits here and there, should be fixed soon

@It's_Matra

Will you be updating your mod pack to version 9.15.1? I want some useful mods but I want a more "vanilla" experience for my triumphant (read: shitty) return to pixel tonks!

3 hours ago, FreddBoy said:

@It's_Matra

Will you be updating your mod pack to version 9.15.1? I want some useful mods but I want a more "vanilla" experience for my triumphant (read: shitty) return to pixel tonks!

I will be updating it, XVM is as stable as most countries in the Middle East at the moment, zoom out works fine but the rest will take a bit of time to get sorted

Some mods have been updated for 9.15.1, XVM and DamageLog will take a while (and I'm afk this weekend). If I'm lucky the issues may be fixed tonight before I go away.

I'm also tempted to add in a 'safe shot' alternative that doesn't spam chat with bullshit. It will only prevent you wasting shells on dead tanks rather than stopping you from shooting allies (where's the fun if you can't shoot your allies!). Depends how many people are interested really

So... XVM... it's still not yet fixed fully for 9.15.1 and looks like it might be that way for a while. On the plus side WG has indicated to mod developers that they are planning on introducing a multi-lined carousel into the vanilla config!!

This makes the XVM config I make pretty much redundant bar a few nice cosmetic touches. I will still be keeping it up to date but the XVM config may not be released for this patch and have to wait until October for the next one (which will be here before we know it!)

Test version of XVM config is now available, it is missing features - as they are missing from XVM currently - so I will not be making an 'all-in-one' pack until everything is fixed their end.

It's a lighter config than normal as I have removed the minimap/carousel options

Hi Matra,

am I doing something wrong or is the default config currently borked?

According to the first post Stats should be disabled and the ingame default OTM should be used.

But if I drop in the contents of the zip file directly to my res_mods, there are stats in battle, also some XVM OTM config seems to be used.

I tried to find out in the configs where the OTMs come from and disable them, but I didn't find it.

58 minutes ago, rindorbrot said:

Hi Matra,

am I doing something wrong or is the default config currently borked?

According to the first post Stats should be disabled and the ingame default OTM should be used.

But if I drop in the contents of the zip file directly to my res_mods, there are stats in battle, also some XVM OTM config seems to be used.

I tried to find out in the configs where the OTMs come from and disable them, but I didn't find it.

TBH I haven't had chance to fully test it as I have been too busy with family life. I will have a look into it and see what I can do... it sounds like there is an error somewhere and it's reverting to the default config. Does it show an error message on your loading screen?

4 hours ago, rindorbrot said:

In the battle loading screen it says "file not found", but not which file :(

Hopefully I will get chance to look into this tomorrow, thanks for bringing it to my attention :)

XVM is still pretty much borked as it's missing the main functionality that it originally was designed for (minimap)

3 hours ago, no_name_cro said:

@It's_Matra quick question - is it possible to set default sniper zoom without XVM? (you know, when you press shift to zoom at x2 instead of last used zoom)

Yes

but you'd still need to use a mod

1 hour ago, no_name_cro said:

Ah! I found the mod, it's all good.

The lightest weight no-nonsense one would be NoScroll where you would just set your zoom level. I'm sure PMOD would also do it but it's a lot more resource heavy due to all the extra stuff that you wouldn't necessarily need

24 minutes ago, It's_Matra said:

The lightest weight no-nonsense one would be NoScroll where you would just set your zoom level. I'm sure PMOD would also do it but it's a lot more resource heavy due to all the extra stuff that you wouldn't necessarily need

Yeah, it's NoScroll mod. Highly useful and lightweight.

43 minutes ago, no_name_cro said:

Yeah, it's NoScroll mod. Highly useful and lightweight.

I used to use that in my modpack up until it most of it was integrated into XVM, then most of the functionality was integrated into the vanilla client so vanished altogether :P